Inreasing number of enemies, does not always help. It may only change party for more aoe characters.

What is problem:

Abilities which proc to infinity.

Abilities giving inmortality.

Specific items which are much better (generally about procing).

Very easy to get PL from Ascension Potion.

The way high power spells scale with PL. It should be "All spells start at level 0 with base power, and then each level powers them up" (normally it is +9PL from pure class.

Enemies seems to have to little health, making them too easy to one shot with blast.

Buffs, debuffs are waste of effort, since they have long casting time, and short duration. And it is easy to just kill.

Enemies hit hard enought.

That is for starter.

• Like 1

I think you guys are clinging too much onto a single sentence meant to be an example of what the team are doing, rather than exhaust it.

Josh has already mentioned on SA, Twitter and Tumblr that he’s revising class abilities and weapons, and that they’re reducing the impact of Empower.

They said they’re listening to the feedback and they have telemetry data to top it, so there’s no reason to assume increasing the number of enemies is all they’re on to.

With that said, facing a higher number of foes than on other difficulty settings was a staple of PotD in the first game so it makes sense for it to a thing in Deadfire too.

• Like 15

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

micro stutter for me has been an issue in both games.  While very playable, it is a diabolical issue I have with the game.  I do not think I will ever fix it.

Have gun will travel.

I think you guys are clinging too much onto a single sentence meant to be an example of what the team are doing, rather than exhaust it.

Josh has already mentioned on SA, Twitter and Tumblr that he’s revising class abilities and weapons, and that they’re reducing the impact of Empower.

They said they’re listening to the feedback and they have telemetry data to top it, so there’s no reason to assume increasing the number of enemies is all they’re on to.

With that said, facing a higher number of foes than on other difficulty settings was a staple of PotD in the first game so it makes sense for it to a thing in Deadfire too.

Yeah let's take a deep breath here. I do not want to believe infinite reproc and empower extravaganza are going to remain unchanged. Level scaling and # of enemies are the basics, you do not need a month to fix those.

Hello.

You state that there will be a reballance for the two difficulty levels: veteran and path of the damned.

I have a question: for those of us who are now playing path of the damned and find it just adequate in difficulty, will the update allow us to switch back to i.e. Veteran difficulty after the patch? Because I fear that the new update will be too difficult, and I simply can't afford to spend more time to restart the game and retrack all the choices I have already made. 

Cheers!

The veteran mode was a bit too easy. There was no Adra Dragon -kind of fight like in first one, where you really needed to think your strategy.

I hope you'll increase the level cap once the DLCs come out? Would love to reach epic type levels, like in Neverwinter Nights 2: MotB.

Also, the ship to ship combat is a bit... confusing. Would appreciate some visual cues or something to explain what is going on.

PS.

The romance option wee a nice addition, thanks! Too bad Pallegina was not included she always looked someone needing of some loving, oh well. x3

Free DLC for trinkets guys? You know, the little things you promised during the launch campaign? 

No, seriously, I appreciate what you're doing. If this game will have so complex support and so good DLCs as the first one, I'm going to spend a lot more hours with it. And I love as you as always listen to community feedback. 

BTW, Divinity 2: OS is getting a free remaster, where they overhaul like second half of main plot. Not like I'm dropping it here as any kind of suggestion for the far future.

Really?! Oooh that is very welcome news! I'll have to read up on this, I've been considering playing Divinity through again since Deadfire seems to be kinda well... not broken exactly, but not really playable as far as my reasons for playing goes. 

I've been rehashing DA:I ~again~  while I wait for Deadfire to get itself right, but I really just want to get into Deadfire! It's a little disappointing that the companion interactions/rep/quests are broken for so many of us... and that the updates make it pointless playing through until they are all live. There are very few games I can stomach playing more than once or twice, and as much as I like Eora, I am not likely to play Deadfire over and over like some other games, especially if it's still not working right and has more mid game content coming. :(

Edited by Noctoi
  • Like 1

"Mobs" is a term that refers to individual monsters in gaming, separate from the usual definition. It's short for "mobile" and dates back to the earliest days of gaming.

Great. So it is impossible to know what someone means when using that word without asking for definitions first.

Nah, if  the word is used in a gaming or MMO context, this is always the meaning  ;)

*Edit, Ignore the names, I snipped to far and can't figure out how to delete and repost lol. 

Edited by Noctoi

Can't wait for my PoTD run. Of course number of mob isn't the only modification IMO.

More Endurance, more abilities, better stat ( only for PoTD like Pillars I), better compo for the group of monsters and less gamebreacker for us are good ways.

A Magran's option for limited rest will be cool I think and of course many difficulty achievements.

• Like 1

Those 3 big DLC will take a part after main story or it will be like Whit March? I just didn't finish the game yet, can someone tell me, is there a post game, or just like the PoE1 game is over by the credits? No spoilers, pls

No idea about achievements but they are balancing abilities now.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

i just wish there was some kind of post game expansion content, like in the first dragon age, the awaking dlc for instance. i really created some chaos in deadfire with my first and second playthroughs, and it looks like it would be a lot of fun to dip my toes in it for a bit.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

"Mobs" is a term that refers to individual monsters in gaming, separate from the usual definition. It's short for "mobile" and dates back to the earliest days of gaming.

Great. So it is impossible to know what someone means when using that word without asking for definitions first.

Nah, if  the word is used in a gaming or MMO context, this is always the meaning  ;)

I found a counterexample ;) From Deadfire ability tree no less.

Mob Stance

"The fighter changes to a more aggressive stance, apt for handling groups of enemies. "

Will the comestic options include something like a cosmetic armor slot? It's a shame that there are so many interesting non-combat outfits in the game but I can only look at them for a few seconds before switching back into usable armor. I guess if not a slot then a way to transmog one item's appearance on to another for the armor and helmet.

Also I hope "customization" options include more portraits. Please! I know it's not gamebreaking or urgent but having like two more for each gender/race combination would be a godsend.

• Like 4

Early June means in 1-3 weaks right? Can we expect a beta branch?

They said the next free DLC will be available 2 weeks from when the Rum Runner`s DLC was released. I'm going to guess they may release the patch on that day also.

Early June means in 1-3 weaks right? Can we expect a beta branch?

They said the next free DLC will be available 2 weeks from when the Rum Runner`s DLC was released. I'm going to guess they may release the patch on that day also.

I do expect the patch to be out in two weaks. I guess 8-9, however I am wondering if we can test it earlier. I am afraid that they will introduce a lot new bugs...