So is the Serafen's quest finally fixed (you know, the blank end of the battle

on Malnaj's ship where nothing happens after smearing whole crew over the deck

Assuming that's a bug.

EDIT: Any news about scavenger hunt on GOG? I really want Cutthroat Cosmo for my 2nd playthrough!

It is, it was acknowledged 13 days ago with "will be fixed", but this quest is scripted and once you cross certain point you cannot evade it, so you're stucked either forfeit the closure or wait... I even asked if there's anything more there we would miss by continuing, but so far no response...

• Like 2

So is the Serafen's quest finally fixed (you know, the blank end of the battle

on Malnaj's ship where nothing happens after smearing whole crew over the deck

Assuming that's a bug. 

EDIT: Any news about scavenger hunt on GOG? I really want Cutthroat Cosmo for my 2nd playthrough!

Confirmed to be a bug in this thread thanks.

We will be releasing even more free DLC over the next few months that will add more items, ship upgrades, crew members, and appearance options. Look for the next free DLC to be available two weeks from now.

For the mod community, we will be releasing documentation on the game data formats, and will be working on tools to help facilitate mods. 

This sounds great. As a big fan of the ship combat I look forward to more upgrades and crew members. Tools and documentation for modding the game is wonderful too, and will hopefully help the longevity of the game.

Just imagine Pillars II with new quests, NPCs, companions, maybe even areas.

Also, please add respawning ships so we can sink more of the bastids, and preferably also better AI and more fully decked and equipped ships.

• Like 2

Excellent news about that documentation and modding tools. I asked Adam exactly about documentation yesterday. Please obsidian give me a modding tool for the data, so I can mod instead of coding my own tool :lol:

• Like 4

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Will the dlc be post game? and if not, how are you going to make it make sense in relation to the very time sensitive main quest? i can't even justify doing most of the current side content because of how time sensitive the main quest seems to be, also, just an idea, but would a dlc where we get to be someone other than the watcher be feasible / desirable?

i would love to be a completely different type of main character in the same world, someone far less vital to the rest of the world, just some random mercenary or thief etc, i feel we get much more freedom to role play with such characters.

Edited by Huh

Spoiler Alert

First of all sorry for my english.

(Solo Challenge and Adding more ennemies )

Here my experience.

I think patch 1.1 will be nice for the content bug fix and difficulty.

I'm a Veterant and i like test game to thier limit with challenge like Do a Solo Run PotD Expert trial of iron background #6 worst income + all Scaling. I don't quit to relog on last save i do legit Run Only so this is Legit Experiences which I share you must understand what is Op and what is nerf to the ground. You can only figure out with Legit Run.

To make it simple the best way to beat the game as a Solo run with everything at maximum is Melee dual wield. ( Spec Swords is the best )

Why ? Because Offensive > Defensive

So Fighter / Palladin is the best combo Ever. You Can Use Fighter / Rogue ----  Fighter / Paladin ---- Palladin / Monk ----  Those are Exemple. You can beat the game with different Multi class but i will explaim why those are the best for  a Solo Run.

You need to pick a Class with a Full attack skill from lvl 1 and a possibility of escape / Aoe charge attack arround lvl 10-14.

The number of ennemies doest matter, the only difficulty is to find a way to move arround and resist interrupt / paralyze / blind stun etc. Once you got ur set up there can be 50 ennemies it wont change anything because they are stupid.

Here an Exemple of Fighter / Rogue witch i like. ( Vampire Tavern South east of the map ) Lots of them but thier number doesnt matter because they are weak. ( They talk about adding more ennemies so here you go )

First exemple of Mobility + Aoe Attack.( Base of a Solo run is Control ur fight )

https://clips.twitch.tv/BillowingVastSalamanderPanicBasket

So here a Decent Fight Which i died on this Run with my Paladin Monk. If we could have more fight like this one with 4-5 mage like this and powerful Melee it would be challenging.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265116676

And Here the FInal Boss with my Fighter Paladin, Face tank no strategie more easy than the Councelhaut Mage. It was my first time beating the game with a Solo Run everything Max out difficulty scaling 1 save. I was noob.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262329128

Ok So we know melee is strong No immune, hight Damage, Tanky. So ok i will try Ranger dual Pistol for the Full attack skill max damage.

Result ? Ranged weapon are all Garbage cannot use full attack or everything is immune you must use different set of weapon to counter stuff when Melee don't need to do such thing.

Ok some of you will say Frostseeker bow can be op....  with at least 2 man Crew if you 4m > sharpshooter/monk but we talk about solo run.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousCourteousMelonChefFrank

Here Same place with Melee dual, Why is it so strong ? Ranged is suppose to be twice or triple stronger than melee lol,

https://clips.twitch.tv/DoubtfulBrightOxRiPepperonis

This is for the Dev only so if they expect us to play Solo Challenge they must understand what is going on.

Character 1 hand and 2 hand

Melee 2 hand = ok early bad late.

Melee Dual wield is the best so far Early + end game.

Ranged:  Pistol arquebus, bow / crossbow have no Damage All Full attack skill are useless with 2 hand and the chance to miss is High, when you miss with a 2 hand u are fuk and when u use ranged weapon you attack once and you are flanked so are you going to use a Bow which give u -10 deflection againts melee or pistol whihc give -25 crit damage when they are already useless ????

The most frustating with Ranger Class is the Pet. The Pet is Squishy no damage, Attack Slow, Miss way too much for PoTD difficulty.

How Fix ranged ? i was thinking about add a new sub class. Subclass name like exemple Lonewolf. Advantage, Lonewolf gain X bonus with ranged Remove negative penalty with ranged weapon. Disavantage : The Ranger have no Pet, The Ranger have penalty using melee weapon

Mage : Mage is interesting It can be strong with a Multi class like Paladin dual wield or 1 hand shield.

Chanter Cipher priest druid are not really good for a secondary class for a Solo Game, Cipher can be interesting for the 30% damage soul whip but again all the cypher/chanter  subclass is not really for ranged only work with Melee. ( I did'nd test all of them but with my experiences i feel like if you wanna do magic skill you need Single target + bounce, otherwise it sux.

Summon / Items

Summon : is totally useless in PotD because they are weak and they stay for 10-30 second. Most of fight have an average of 2-5 minute and the recorvery on them are way too high.

Items. items need to be check. There is tons of item useless which force us to remake build with specific items. Like Modwyr and Kapana Taga. ( Best weapon in the game, Nothing is close to this combo.

Battle axe ? There is one battle axe which is interesting but it's late game and there is only 1 Battle axe so you cannot play efficient build like Dual wield Fighter Devoted Battle axe which is not acceptable. Few items like the Hatchet which  give bonus vs Plant, i think its vion-ceth , Let's be honest. Who the fuk gonna use a weapon on his offset to kill plant. There is just a few place with Plant why would you use a Weapon with bonus againts Plant ? Roleplaying ?

All Ranged weapon have a -10 accuracy or -10 deflection -25 % crit dmg , innacurate. I wish i could speak with the Dev who design the range preffix and suffix. No Logic at all. I Never seen Negative Preffix on any other similar game for Ranged weapon. It suppose to do Damage no less damage.

Op item. There is a few Over power item like  Swords : Modwyr and Kapana Taga  and Glove : Gatecrashers. +2 might 50% Chance to knockback on crit, Do you imagine when you Aoe Charge the potential of those glove ? That's unfortunate it's only for Melee. ( Poor Ranged )

Belt : The undying burden, Jesus this Belt is Op

This kind of items should be drop by Dragon or Big boss they are the best 

I wish there would be a 2 hand with both bonus from those sword on one 2 handed ranged or melee weapon, it would balance the difference power. Do you guys understand the power of those swords the stats They give together + Full attack skills + Aoe ? Everything Else is so far behind. Why 1 hand item have more damage and more suffix/preffix possitive than one 2 hand melee or ranged weapon ? I would pay lots of money for an answer.

Dragon ?

I don't really wanna talk about Dragon. The first fight on the prologue at the Caravan with the priest and 2 fighter which use lay of hand non stop are more difficult.

List of Bug By Me

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/100321-epic-bug-lists/

Ok all of this may look negative but it's to help the game to be better, i spend Tons of hours, i know all the game by heart. I really enjoy this game i like Obsidian and i'm a big fan of those game. I'm looking for more challenge tho. I Hope this will help to balance the game in patch 1.1

Edited by Lobotechx
  • Like 1

Can't even find it on gog 

Please no specsavers jokes

@Wormerine Thanks for asking about scavenger hunt for gog I to would love to hear bit of news.

Here you go, aimico: https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_rum_runners_pack

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Will the difficulty changes apply to current playthroughs or will we have to start a new game to benefit from increased mob size, etc.? In the former case, will it apply to areas we are currently exploring or only to maps / islands / cities we haven't discovered? It would be helpful to know this information.

complete overhaul of Veteran and Path of the Damned difficulties. You'll find more enemies per encounter

Please don't "just" increase the amount of mobs. This is not what makes combat more fun or difficult... just tedious.

It's not the amount of mobs - but the number of enemies in a given mob (though your point stands that simply having more enemies isn't necessarily more fun/challenging - especially if an AOE is taking them out).  They also mentioned new level-scaling (so each enemy is tougher) - hopefully that'll make the difference (maybe in terms of abilities used by the enemies from being higher level and not just having more HP / hitting harder).

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

complete overhaul of Veteran and Path of the Damned difficulties. You'll find more enemies per encounter

Please don't "just" increase the amount of mobs. This is not what makes combat more fun or difficult... just tedious.

It's not the amount of mobs - but the number of enemies in a given mob (though your point stands that simply having more enemies isn't necessarily more fun/challenging - especially if an AOE is taking them out).  They also mentioned new level-scaling (so each enemy is tougher) - hopefully that'll make the difference (maybe in terms of abilities used by the enemies from being higher level and not just having more HP / hitting harder).

"Mobs" is a term that refers to individual monsters in gaming, separate from the usual definition. It's short for "mobile" and dates back to the earliest days of gaming.

• Like 3

"Mobs" is a term that refers to individual monsters in gaming, separate from the usual definition. It's short for "mobile" and dates back to the earliest days of gaming.

Great. So it is impossible to know what someone means when using that word without asking for definitions first.

Ah, okay - you learn something every day :)   (my earliest days of gaming were pong and space invaders but we just called the space invaders 'baddies' or 'enemies').  I've heard the term 'mob' used but always assumed it was referring to the group.

*makes mental note to adjust internal pronunciation to 'mob[ile]'*

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

+1000 !!!

I'm totally agree with this. To increase difficulty, do no just increase the number of ennemies.

1. Increase the use of ennemies' abilities.

2. Increase the use of ennemies' afflictions.

3. Increase ennemies' damages & defenses.

• Like 5

1527234074-capture-d-ecran-2018-05-25-a-

More cosmetic option is always great if you ask me.

^ This 

+ Will be awesome to add "miracle mirror" (like in DOS:2 - lady vengeance mirror ) to change your hero (maybe and sidekicks) hair style/color and etc

Great. So it is impossible to know what someone means when using that word without asking for definitions first.

Well.  Most of us here have played at least one MMO at one point, and monsters have been referred to as "mobs" in every MMO since at least EverQuest.  Maybe earlier.  Meridian, UOA, etc.  Not sure.

Anywho.  Why is it that this is starting to feel like an early access game all of a sudden.  Quests aren't working.  Level scaling isn't working.  Gear enchants are bugged.  And now content that seems like it was probably meant to be included at launch is being released a couple weeks later as "free DLC".  I'm not exactly complaining, as I do love the game so far.  But now I'm bummed that I already started my 2nd play-through (stopped the first at around level 12 because Veteran was too easy).  Now they're saying there's about to be more content.  More items.  More ship stuff.  More companions.  But not, like, a real content patch with more quests.  Just... More stuff you'd want access to on your first play-through.  It's weird.

Edited by Vic20
  • Like 4

So... don't they consider any balancing-related patch, such as Weapons, Classes, Abilities, Attributes, etc., in 2018?......

Just like the first Pillars of Eternity, the team is committed to support Deadfire with new features, content, bug fixes, and polish to make the game the best it can be. We are listening to your feedback on our forums, Reddit, social media, and user reviews - and the development team has many ideas for improvement, too. Through 2018, we have plans to add more quality of life changes to make the game better and better.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 6

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...