Hello fellow adventurers,

The team at Obsidian is very proud of the reception that Deadfire is getting from the community, and we love reading and hearing your personal experiences as you explore the Deadfire for the first time. I would like to share what's in store for you in Pillars II over the next several months, including free content and new features!

The first large update for Deadfire will be launching in early June - Patch 1.1. This update contains hundreds of fixes and refinements based upon our internal testing and all the great feedback we have been getting.

Included in Patch 1.1 is a complete overhaul of Veteran and Path of the Damned difficulties. You'll find more enemies per encounter and with new level scaling adjustments the game should be much more challenging. Let us know what you think on the forums - this will be an ongoing process based on community feedback. Secondly, for players who want to play the game for a  second (or third!) time, we are adding an option to skip the introduction and jump straight into the second scene. This option will be available on the new game screen and will not require any Berath's Blessings points to activate. Lastly, the team is also adding new cosmetic options for player customization with the ability to change character appearance at any time.

While our programmers get Patch 1.1 ready, some of our artists and designers have had some time on their hands. They've put together the first of several free DLCs for Deadfire, "Rum Runner's Pack" which is coming out today. This pack features Mirke, a new Sidekick, along with a drunken personality idle animation and new alcoholic drinks. We will be releasing even more free DLC over the next few months that will add more items, ship upgrades, crew members, and appearance options. Look for the next free DLC to be available two weeks from now.

rumrunners-available-now.jpg

Just like the first Pillars of Eternity, the team is committed to support Deadfire with new features, content, bug fixes, and polish to make the game the best it can be. We are listening to your feedback on our forums, Reddit, social media, and user reviews - and the development team has many ideas for improvement, too. Through 2018, we have plans to add more quality of life changes to make the game better and better. For the mod community, we will be releasing documentation on the game data formats, and will be working on tools to help facilitate mods.  Another feature that the team is really excited about is what we are calling "Magran's Fires". Similar to Berath's Blessings, these modes can be enabled from the main menu and will add gameplay modifiers for challenges above and beyond Path of the Damned. In addition to the returning Triple Crown and Triple Crown Solo challenges, we will be rolling out challenges themed to Eora's gods, beginning with Berath, Galawain, and, of course, Magran.  As always, we are listening to feedback on what you would like to see in future updates.

Don't forget we have three expansive DLCs on the horizon. The first DLC, "Beast of Winter", is due to land this July. We will be showing off the new areas and content in the DLC soon!

It's been an amazing journey, and we aren't done yet. Thank you for your continued support for Pillars of Eternity and Obsidian. Now go forth, download "Rum Runner's Pack", and have a drink with your new friend Mirke.

Cheers,

Adam Brennecke

Executive Producer

The Rum Runner's Pack is available now, so go grab it here.

Reach out to us on our various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, here on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.

Did you miss our last update? Check it out!

• Like 43

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Didn't expect the balancing fixes that soon tbh, much appreciated. But I find it more than a little troubling that companion relationships/behaviour haven't been mentioned thus far - unless I'm missing something.

• Like 2

Didn't expect the balancing fixes that soon tbh, much appreciated. But I find it more than a little troubling that companion relationships/behaviour haven't been mentioned thus far - unless I'm missing something.

Mentioned at length in last weeks Dev Q&A: the “bugged” portion of the problem was fixed in 1.02 (but isn’t retroactive) and the “balance” portion will be fixed in some future patch.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Weeeeeelp. All playthroughs on hold until Balance Man finishes getting his act together. 

Welcome news all around!

• Like 2

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Mentioned at length in last weeks Dev Q&A: the “bugged” portion of the problem was fixed in 1.02 (but isn’t retroactive) and the “balance” portion will be fixed in some future patch.

Seriously? Can't find it anywhere in the patch notes. Guess I'll have to watch the Q&A after all.

EDIT: Are you referring to the part about some of the relationships & conversations being affected by a certain disposition? If so, that's hardly a fix.

Edited by aeoncs
  • Like 1

Where is this Q&A?

• Like 1

I played POTD on my first pillars 1 playthrough and enjoyed it immensely. I've been holding off on playing pillars 2 until POTD was improved (yes I am masochist). Can't wait for the patch. Thanks!

Free DLC for trinkets guys? You know, the little things you promised during the launch campaign? 

No, seriously, I appreciate what you're doing. If this game will have so complex support and so good DLCs as the first one, I'm going to spend a lot more hours with it. And I love as you as always listen to community feedback. 

BTW, Divinity: OS 2 is getting a free remaster, where they overhaul like second half of main plot. Not like I'm dropping it here as any kind of suggestion for the far future.

Edited by Not Hypebringer
  • Like 3

complete overhaul of Veteran and Path of the Damned difficulties. You'll find more enemies per encounter

Please don't "just" increase the amount of mobs. This is not what makes combat more fun or difficult... just tedious.

• Like 5

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What do you mean by "bugged" and "balance" portions? I didn't notice anything, but if it doesn't apply to existing saves that'd make sense.

• Like 1

So is the Serafen's quest finally fixed (you know, the blank end of the battle

on Malnaj's ship where nothing happens after smearing whole crew over the deck

Assuming that's a bug. 

EDIT: Any news about scavenger hunt on GOG? I really want Cutthroat Cosmo for my 2nd playthrough!

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 5

Amazing news!

Looking forward to the patch and any future content for Deadfire. I loved the game and I love to see how dedicated the Obsidian crew are to making it the best it can be :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus