Hello Guys, as the title states, I would like to know if any of you have ever been able to kill this arch mage and his dragons. I mean, I killed Concelhauth (he was tough), Sefyra, Alpine Dragon, Sky Dragon, and some others. I almost dealt with every tough guy in the game except with this one, I'm heading to his lair and will attempt to kill them. Do you all have any advise, any suggestion? strategy?

Yes,  they have to run across a large area before getting to you.  Use that time to buff yourself to oblivion.  The flying dragon, Llengrath and her Xaurips will fight you at ranged, use heavy AOE CC here and heavy AOE damage spells can kill the Xaurips and put some damage on the dragon and Llengrath.  The flying dragon does not melee that well its just the ground guy (their names are too long lol) so put your best tank and some heals on the ground dragon and turn him around so he does not breath on your party.  His breath does, Corrode, Fire and Blinds (vs a Fort or Will check on the Blind) make sure whoever is tanking the ground dragon has very good fort and some healing. 

You can kill the flying dragon and llengrath  many ways especially with raw damage and high minimum damage spells like Silent Scream, Sunlance, Minoletta's Precisely Piercing Burst etc.  The flying dragon can be charmed (hes immune to dominate) in order to help kill Llengrath and the bigger dragon.  Also Llengrath has a lot of buffs so stripping it will help but is not necessary.  You can also prone the flying dragon with physical prones like a Fighters Knock down or a Monk but its immune to ground prones like slicken.   Llengath herself isnt that tanky (still tanky for a wizard) so heavy melee damage dealers hurt her bad.  I have had a duel wield fighter and monk destroy it after being buffed.

I have LOLed that fight by having a druid who alternates hold best on both dragons keeping the perma paralyzed and open to massive damage.  

I like to leave the ground guy for last as he has ENORMOUS DR.  More then any other Dragons but he does not melee quite as hard as the others.  In fact both dragons are mini dragons.  Meaning they are stronger then drakes but not strong then the boss dragons they are in between.  For the ground guy hes usually last so I wear him out with raw damage and whatever I have left.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Yes,  they have to run across a large area before getting to you.  Use that time to buff yourself to oblivion.  The flying dragon, Llengrath and her Xaurips will fight you at ranged, use heavy AOE CC here and heavy AOE damage spells can kill the Xaurips and put some damage on the dragon and Llengrath.  The flying dragon does not melee that well its just the ground guy (their names are too long lol) so put your best tank and some heals on the ground dragon and turn him around so he does not breath on your party.  His breath does, Corrode, Fire and Blinds (vs a Fort or Will check on the Blind) make sure whoever is tanking the ground dragon has very good fort and some healing. 

You can kill the flying dragon and llengrath  many ways especially with raw damage and high minimum damage spells like Silent Scream, Sunlance, Minoletta's Precisely Piercing Burst etc.  The flying dragon can be charmed (hes immune to dominate) in order to help kill Llengrath and the bigger dragon.  Also Llengrath has a lot of buffs so stripping it will help but is not necessary.  You can also prone the flying dragon with physical prones like a Fighters Knock down or a Monk but its immune to ground prones like slicken.   Llengath herself isnt that tanky (still tanky for a wizard) so heavy melee damage dealers hurt her bad.  I have had a duel wield fighter and monk destroy it after being buffed.

I have LOLed that fight by having a druid who alternates hold best on both dragons keeping the perma paralyzed and open to massive damage.  

I like to leave the ground guy for last as he has ENORMOUS DR.  More then any other Dragons but he does not melee quite as hard as the others.  In fact both dragons are mini dragons.  Meaning they are stronger then drakes but not strong then the boss dragons they are in between.  For the ground guy hes usually last so I wear him out with raw damage and whatever I have left.

I was able to kill them after the second attempt, they were easy and I'm in hard mode

• Like 1

I always fight them at 16 lol I always play Triple Crown so I do not take a lot of risks.

may I know what's triple crown? Are you talking about path of the damned?

Path of the Damned, Trial of Iron, and Expert Mode together at once.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 2

Have gun will travel.

I always fight them at 16 lol I always play Triple Crown so I do not take a lot of risks.

may I know what's triple crown? Are you talking about path of the damned?

Path of the Damned, Trial of Iron, and Expert Mode together at once.

I'll try that once I finish with this paladin

• Like 1

Level 21 Cipher...good times

how's that possible? how can anybody kill that motherfather? I need the captain viccilo's anger because of the fatigue to replace my hearth of harvest.

Disclaimer:  This is just my way, with my usually party build.

Honestly I just killed him by buffing my ACC sky high, and using mass AOE while debuffing all of them.  Priest ACC buffs, Aloth  goes into kamakazi nuke mode: buffs himself with all defense spells:  Llengraths displaced image for the hit to graze stacked with Zealous Endurance from my Paladin (75% hit to graze now), Llengraths Safeguard, Arcane Veil, Pull of Eora.  Once clustered the Wizard runs into the middle of everything and starts firing Minoletta's Precisely Piercing Burst, Tyn's Orb and Arcane Torrent.  Druid storm tank cast storm spells, Paladin Pops out first to take all the damage while everyone is buffing (they will target whoever pops out of stealth first), Eder activates disciplined barrage and is buffed with devotions of the faithful charging through clustered Pull of Eora enemies and crushing them.  Paladin fires of Sacred Immolation with all the debuffs going out he will crit hard.  Chanter is also tanking just casting The Dragon Thrashed, The Dragon Wailed.

You must time your high ACC moments when they are debuffed.  You need room to buff so that you are not being CCed while doing so.  Ensure that your tank comes out of stealth first and it will buy you the time.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Honestly I just killed him by buffing my ACC sky high, and using mass AOE while debuffing all of them.  Priest ACC buffs, Aloth  goes into kamakazi nuke mode: buffs himself with all defense spells:  Llengraths displaced image for the hit to graze stacked with Zealous Endurance from my Paladin (75% hit to graze now), Llengraths Safeguard, Arcane Veil, Pull of Eora.  Once clustered the Wizard runs into the middle of everything and starts firing Minoletta's Precisely Piercing Burst, Tyn's Orb and Arcane Torrent.  Druid storm tank cast storm spells, Paladin Pops out first to take all the damage while everyone is buffing (they will target whoever pops out of stealth first), Eder activates disciplined barrage and is buffed with devotions of the faithful charging through clustered Pull of Eora enemies and crushing them.  Paladin fires of Sacred Immolation with all the debuffs going out he will crit hard.  Chanter is also tanking just casting The Dragon Thrashed, The Dragon Wailed.

You must time your high ACC moments when they are debuffed.  You need room to buff so that you are not being CCed while doing so.  Ensure that your tank comes out of stealth first and it will buy you the time.

Priest dual wielder yenwood sword + shame of glory + minor avatar is extremely useful along with a wizard using spirit lanze supper self buffed for supporting + damage dealing in order to kill one of the dragons.

• Like 1

Priest dual wielder yenwood sword + shame of glory + minor avatar is extremely useful along with a wizard using spirit lanze supper self buffed for supporting + damage dealing in order to kill one of the dragons.

I thought we were talking about the bounty?  I never use my priests in melee (not that you cannot) but I just do not like their low health and rather see them in the back buffing.  and I have used wizards as battlemages like that.  My first successful Triple Crown was with aloth using Concelhauts Staff as a mastered Spell and the Spirit Lance in tough fights.  Marking for him was my Paladin in melee.  Great build.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Its cool!  Again do not take what I am saying as word its just how I have done it.  Let me know what your builds look like, and I will see if I can tactically come up with something.  Great thing about this game is the different ways you can do things.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

here is my watcher:

15th level paladin

meadow folk

white that wends - explorer

bleak walker paladin

attributes:

mig - 19

con - 13

dex - 13