Is Rekke supposed to be companion?

Rekke's backstory may or may not be a plot hook for a third game, which is why - I'm guessing - he received some extra attention from the developers.

Also, you're being silly. Konstanten is the only true answer.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 3

Interesting. I haven't played the game yet. But after Tekehu it was Rekke who caught my eyes as second.

I can see myself traveling with Edér, Aloth, Tekehu and Rekke as my main canon party.

So with no spoilers, Rekke, is he an interesting companion?

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Interesting. I haven't played the game yet. But after Tekehu it was Rekke who caught my eyes as second.

I can see myself traveling with Edér, Aloth, Tekehu and Rekke as my main canon party.

Extremely interesting. I really hope they make him a full companion in one of the dlcs.

• Like 2

Not for nothing, but if you try to recruit Tek with Rekke in the party Rekke spits out a gibberish line and Tek doesn't get added to the party. Works normally if Rekke isn't in the party at the time.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Not for nothing, but if you try to recruit Tek with Rekke in the party Rekke spits out a gibberish line and Tek doesn't get added to the party. Works normally if Rekke isn't in the party at the time.

Wait, is that intended? As a meaning that they don't get along, or is it simply a bug? :huh:

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

He has the most dialogue of any sidekick.

He's cute and fluffy.

His multi-class combos are wicked OP.

• Like 1

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

He's cute and fluffy.

Just like me! What a great match! :wub:

• Like 1

Rekke's backstory may or may not be a plot hook for a third game, which is why - I'm guessing - he received some extra attention from the developers.

Also, you're being silly. Konstanten is the only true answer.

More propaganda against the one TRUE sidekick Ydwin.

Yes! We have no bananas.

I had Rekke in my party when I recruited Tek and did not experience this at all.

• Like 1

I had Rekke in my party when I recruited Tek and did not experience this at all.

There are obviously some conditionals at work that cause the interaction I mentioned. But it's out there now in case anyone else runs into the issue and gets perplexed.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Count me in on Team Rekke.

Don’t get me wrong—Ydwin’s also interesting and I hope both will eventually make it to companion status in the expansions (if upgrading sidekicks to companions will even be a thing.) However Rekke, who is clearly a previous incarnation of Arch Enemy’s (and former Carcass’) guitarist Michael Amott, is definitely my favorite.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I was really surprised to learn that Rekke has any dialogue. His concept intrigued me; a sidekick from foreign lands who doesn't speak any known laguages. I really like that he has some content in the game.

I like Ydwin too. After learning her story she just sounded so interesting. Her story also ties thematically  into whole Eothas drama too so I think she would have made a good companion.

Out of all sidekicks I was kinda disappointed in Fassina. He portrait was cool, she was a wizard, that's all I knew about her. And then we learn that she has a lousy boyfriend who steals from her boss. Meh.

Also finding Konstanten working as a masseuse who is bored with his work and wants to go adventuring with you was pretty cool and fun. I liked that.

But all in all I really can't pick a favorite; it's gotta be either Rekke or Ydwin.

Extremely interesting. I really hope they make him a full companion in one of the dlcs.

In the most recent twitch Q&A, Josh says something to the effect of "I can't say anything about current sidekicks in future DLC, but we are VERY aware that players like some of them a lot" or similar. I think he's referring specifically to Ydwin in that case, but I wouldn't be surprised if other sidekicks get "promoted" to companions as the DLCs roll out. We got 3 new ones for PoE1, so I'd bet on the same or more being added to PoE2.

I'm personally hoping for more from Konstanten and Rekke, although the former probably isn't popular enough.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 2

^ Ydwin.

I guess I haven't talk to her enough to realize she was a vampire. Honestly kind of ignored the sidekicks outside of netting the achievement. Thanks for answering! 

She never says a thing when I click on her, so I assume people are referring to what she says when you recruit her.

nvAeseu.png