The crashing and blue-screening is ruining the experience.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is causing the game not only to crash, but my entire pc as well. It happens anywhere. On the world map, in fights, in cities, in dialogue. A lot of other people on the steam discussions are having the same problem.

I've tried verifying game files, changing the graphics settings, resolution and audio. My drivers are all up to date. Its nothing to do with my specs.

Is this being worked on? The game is unplayable in this state.

game crashes with a messagebox are likely code bugs. i had a fair share of those, and they seem to be triggered by a game event. BSDs, however, are most likely caused by overheating. i had it in several games. apparently the automatic fan doesn't think it's hot enough to increase the speed (some speculate it's an idiosyncrasy of unity engine). just setting fan speed manually in a tuner app solved it for me so far.

It is highly unlikely that the game would cause a blue screen error, these are almost always hardware related or operating system related.

For the purposes of diagnosing the causes of your crash, a crash dump file would be useful.

• Like 1

Install MSI Afterburner and manually adjust your gpu fan speed. Like someone said above, the game causes many gpu to overheat and then the system shuts down.

You can also use this program to create a detailed protocoll that says exactly what happened before a crash in terms of temperature, gpu/cpu load, fan speed etc...

• Like 1

I have a relatively good setup:

CPU - 6600k Skylake 3.5ghz

GPU - GeForce 1070

Memory - 16GB

I've only had one crash so far. It was when I was leaving the four level dungeon not too far north from the game starting island. I run diagnostics when I play my game and with regard to heat, this one tops out at 73C for me, which is hotter than most other games that are far more graphically intense than this one. But, come to think of it, I've never heard my GPU fan kick on yet.

Anyway, you should post specs of your PC and especially post this in the section for support.

Sorry to hear it, it must have some compatibility issues with some systems.

Mine has been pretty good. Only area I had a few crashes was changing party members on my ship. It seemed more stable to change party members in the tavern for me. I had a few other crashes to desktop and maps that wouldn't load (it booted me to the main menu so my save file wouldn't get corrupted).

I'm running ATI processor and Geforce GTX 970. The fan does increase in speed when my room is moderately warm (it's starting to get warm in the mojave desert). And it will heat up my room after about 20 minutes of playing. Only in the beginning does my fan speed stay low.

Crashing with a message is normal.

The blue screen seems more like a your PC issue.

It can't be my PC, its new and i've had no problem running games such as Witcher 3 and heavily modded skyrim and countless other games.

Install MSI Afterburner and manually adjust your gpu fan speed. Like someone said above, the game causes many gpu to overheat and then the system shuts down.

You can also use this program to create a detailed protocoll that says exactly what happened before a crash in terms of temperature, gpu/cpu load, fan speed etc...

Why would this game cause GPUs to overheat? Its not that intensive is it?