Got tempted to try a swift flurry blunderbuss brawler; now I have to start over again

Why is this ruining your game? Those are rather pitiful damage numbers, to be honest. It's just hitting a large number of targets and missing like a 1/3 of them on each attack. Blunderbusses are basically shotgun weapons, effective at close quarters and meant for facing large numbers of enemies. If the problem is lack of hp on mobs try the POTD difficulty mod https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43

There are a few others as well but most don't have the number of features this one does. I might understand if you were complaining about 1 or 2 shotting boss mobs, like I have done on my dual-wielding rogue out of stealth (200 damage+ single target from one attack in less than 2 seconds at the beginning of combat). I'm surprised not many people have been complaining about the OPness of the rogues this time around (I guess not many people are playing one since they were extremely **** in POE1). I laugh my ass off while blinking around the battlefield one-shotting everything.

If you don't like it, play a different way.

If you want to use guns, switch to pistols and dual-wield Scordeo's Trophy and Eccea's Arcane Blaster or Thundercrack Pistol.

EDIT:

I'm surprised not many people have been complaining about the OPness of the rogues this time around (I guess not many people are playing one since they were extremely **** in POE1). I laugh my ass off while blinking around the battlefield one-shotting everything.

Likely not many people playing Rogues, turned off by the dearth of skills at P8/P9. But that's a separate discussion ;)

Edited by Shakyr

You could just not use it. Sell it or something.

If you feel like something’s ruining the game, why force yourself to use it and ruin it more for yourself?

(As opposed to not using it and having fun like you were before)

Ouch! Sitting on this cactus hurts so much! But law does not forbid sitting on cacti so i'll keep doing it.

• Like 1

Vancian =/= per rest.

Why is this ruining your game? Those are rather pitiful damage numbers, to be honest. It's just hitting a large number of targets and missing like a 1/3 of them on each attack. 

That's all from one attack.

It's still pitiful even by aoe standards, try empower + meteor storm on wizard then get back to me about aoe damage.

Why is this ruining your game? Those are rather pitiful damage numbers, to be honest. It's just hitting a large number of targets and missing like a 1/3 of them on each attack. Blunderbusses are basically shotgun weapons, effective at close quarters and meant for facing large numbers of enemies. If the problem is lack of hp on mobs try the POTD difficulty mod https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43

You don't understand the problem. He's one-shotting whole groups without the use of any resource (besides 1 point of Mortification). Because Swift Flurry leads to an endless chain reaction. It doesn't matter how pitiful the damage per hit is - as long as if you get an endless amount of them. The more enemies you can hit the more likely it is to happen. One shot and - boom - everybody is dead.

The probem is that Swift Flurry's bonus attacks can proc other Swift Flurry bonus attacks - and so on.

Also works with Rod + Blast, Kalakoth's Minor Blights, the one unique pollaxe that lets you swirls around, Citzal's Spirit Lance and basically all AoE weapons.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

This is why I am doing one more POE 1 run lol

It's fairly easy to spot the extremely blatantly broken OP stuff. So you can just ignore them. With the recently released difficulty mod the game is a lot of fun already. And this is coming from someone who was turned off by the lack of difficulty initially.

• Like 1

This is why I am doing one more POE 1 run lol

It's fairly easy to spot the extremely blatantly broken OP stuff. So you can just ignore them. With the recently released difficulty mod the game is a lot of fun already. And this is coming from someone who was turned off by the lack of difficulty initially.

True, and I should not of been so short.  I also want to do a Goldpact Knight run.  A little bit bad guy but not SUPER bad, he just kind of does bad things when they give him a better chance of defeating the enemy.  Just for some different decisions in POE 2.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

You don't understand the problem. He's one-shotting whole groups without the use of any resource (besides 1 point of Mortification). Because Swift Flurry leads to an endless chain reaction. It doesn't matter how pitiful the damage per hit is - as long as if you get an endless amount of them. The more enemies you can hit the more likely it is to happen. One shot and - boom - everybody is dead.

The probem is that Swift Flurry's bonus attacks can proc other Swift Flurry bonus attacks - and so on.

Also works with Rod + Blast, Kalakoth's Minor Blights, the one unique pollaxe that lets you swirls around, Citzal's Spirit Lance and basically all AoE weapons.

I see what you mean, honestly, I hadn't used Swift Flurry on any character yet. That does sound pretty broken. Also on this note, there is a mod on Nexus that alters Swift Flurry to give an instant recovery on crit instead. Might resolve the issue some have with it temporarily.

Mod can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/54

Edited by Excerpt

Yeah, that might be an approach. Although then it's better than Blood Thirst (which comes at PL 7 and you have to kill for 0 recovery).

It would be totally ok to rebuff the percentage value (currently it's 33%, used to be 50% I believe) but make sure that it can't cascade. So a bonus attack from Swift Flurry should not be able to proc another one.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

swift flurry chain crits were one o' the more comical exploits identified... in the first beta release.

am understanding how new content from the release build is creating new balance problems, but it is a wonder how a few o' the more obvious and discussed exploits went untouched by developers. 

am gonna observe again how we believe josh's sa preference for forum interaction does less good than he imagines.  yeah, dealing with volatile fans is a chore, and yes, beta folks is often wrongheaded and obtuse to a comical degree, but the image included in the genesis post o' this thread is hardly unfamiliar to anybody who frequented the beta boards on a regular basis.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He could just look at the bug section of the forums - then he wouldn't have to deal with wrongheadedness and obtuseness so much. ;)

is a bit more complicated.  bug section had a tendency populate posts quick, particular following a new build release.  could miss a particular bug or exploit if one only infrequent peruses bug board.  converse, is no way josh goes unawares o' swift flurry exploits if he spends as much time reading (not necessarily posting) beta feedback posts at obsidian as 'posed to sa. similar, were shocking how late in development josh became aware o' the multiplicative impact o' might.  sure, look only at bug board and one might miss the might problem-- problem were so well-known and discussed it were not getting repeat exposure on submitted bug lists. 

am genuine baffled how so many o' the clear exploits slipped through the cracks.  slipped through 'cause were discussed on beta feedback boards w/o getting repeated exposure on bug lists?  makes sense, but then such leads to sad conclusion o' there being almost no obsidians bothering to follow beta feedback other than bug lists.

HA! Good Fun!

ps many exploits ain't getting bug submissions as there is common the fundamental question o' whether or not an exploit is the result o' a bug or is actual simple unforeseen result o' a working game mechanic. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Then respec out of Swift Flurry?  Jesus christ, this is not hard, people.  Respec, take Lightning Strikes instead, boom.

Yes it sucks that the ability is broken (and it is broken, not just overpowered), but your playthrough is not 'ruined'!  For god's sake!

So... passionate. I could respec out of the skill, or sell the item, but I'm more satisfied with putting the character aside. As he was built around being a duel shotgunner and now I don't see the point. 

PS also respeccing is broken, the mc will ose abilities and skills. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin