Is a new patch on the way?

andoli

Question

Im in love with this game but, have so many bugs that need to be fixed to improve the gameplay like the scaled level problem, the proble when you reroll roue main character and you lost 1 skill if you are a dual class, or lose the watcher abilities and a lot of other bugs.

im not flaming, i just want to know because i want to play but i prefer to play with a smooth game.

sry about my english and thx.

21 answers to this question

The sales numbers have been disappointing, meaning that Deadfire will receive only a fraction of post-release care that the original Pillars did. It's literally a waste of money for them.

It almost like releasing a buggy mess of a game AGAIN was a bad idea... Who new

Edited by Dopsim

The sales numbers have been disappointing, meaning that Deadfire will receive only a fraction of post-release care that the original Pillars did. It's literally a waste of money for them.

Where did you get this information? There are no reputable sources of accurate sales figures for this game yet. There are numerous people speculating based on indirect information such as sales reviews and peak hours played on steam. These don't take into account other markets in which POE2 has been very blatantly outperforming other competitors for weeks even before release (GOG being a prominent example). If you couple this with the fact that almost no Obsidian financial resources were used to create the game (because it was crowdfunded) this means whatever they are making now is almost entirely net profit.

Also, I don't know what you are talking about POE1 received okay after release support but it wasn't anything special. In fact, the devs have been far more engaged here on the forums with players this time around than during the last launch, we've had 2 major patches fixing bugs since release a little over a week ago. Another major patch which has been hinted specifics for the quality of life features (such as bypassing the starting sequence) and other bugs and increased modding support has been announced already. We know upfront this time we will be receiving 3 DLC packages with teased story content, and we even know when the first one will hit (July).

Please don't spread misinformation.

• Like 4

Poor sales always lead to poor support, but it's a bad idea to follow that path. It leads to the people who bought the game feeling burnt and being reticent to buy the next games by the studio because, after all, who knows if the developers will even patch that next game or simply abandon it?

It's definitely worrisome to see them being far less active now. I'm hoping they simply scaled down production to give developers a break to rest after the game was released.

• Like 1

Have faith in the team. This is a great game and yes, it like any other game has bugs. You can't expect perfection out the door when working with a time table. Just look at Star Citizen, they strive for perfection and have lost all sense of time. PoE is a very nitch game, appealing most to those that play D&D like games. It will grow and even help breath life into the first game again.

... we've had 2 major patches fixing bugs since release a little over a week ago. 

We've had ONE hotfix that primarily dealt with the issues related to importing save files (which is a pointless feature anyway considering that PoE 1 choices don't affect the plot of Deadfire in any meaningful way). Pillars 1 received significant updates (2.0 and 3.0) with tons of QoL features and bug fixes, while the planned DLC for Deadfire and another pointless sidekick don't inspire confidence. 

After all is said and done, this game is gonna end up abandoned like Tides of Numenera - a broken mess.

... we've had 2 major patches fixing bugs since release a little over a week ago. 

We've had ONE hotfix that primarily dealt with the issues related to importing save files (which is a pointless feature anyway considering that PoE 1 choices don't affect the plot of Deadfire in any meaningful way). Pillars 1 received significant updates (2.0 and 3.0) with tons of QoL features and bug fixes, while the planned DLC for Deadfire and another pointless sidekick don't inspire confidence. 

After all is said and done, this game is gonna end up abandoned like Tides of Numenera - a broken mess.

I'm beginning to get a little bit annoyed by all the hyperbole on the net. If you follow what Sawyer is saying about the upcoming patch you get exactly the OPPOSITE picture.

And even if what you claim about Torment is true (it isn't, not every game needs to have DLC after DlC, you know), that is inXile and not Obsidian and you can't make a conclusion based on what another company does.

Edited by frogmoth
  • Like 2

And even if what you claim about Torment is true (it isn't, not every game needs to have DLC after DlC, you know), that is inXile and not Obsidian and you can't make a conclusion based on what another company does.

The point about Torment wasn't about its lack of DLC (I have no idea how you came to that conclusion) - it was about the glaring problems that still remain after the post-release development was officially canceled. They did that to focus on the new Bard's Tale and Wasteland (instead of wasting time/money on a game that sold like crap), hence the parallel with Obsidian and their new multi-platform RPG.

The point about Torment wasn't about its lack of DLC (I have no idea how you came to that conclusion) - it was about the glaring problems that still remain after the post-release development was officially canceled. They did that to focus on the new Bard's Tale and Wasteland (instead of wasting time/money on a game that sold like crap), hence the parallel with Obsidian and their new multi-platform RPG.

I would never claim that Torment was a completely polished game and i was hoping they will do a little bit more as well. But so far as i can see it was complete and bug-free at the end. That is what i meant...

Edited by frogmoth

Not true, we've had patch 1.01 and patch 1.02 neither of which were hotfixes. Hotfixes are tiny patches meant to fix one specific issue. Multiple issues have been fixed/addressed between these two patches including: pillars 1 imports, fixes to the amount of reputation gained per action, fixes to a few of the bugged achievements, fixes to issues with saving custom AI behaviors (I actually experienced this one before the patch), some fixes to the memory leak problem experienced by some users (although many have said its not entirely fixed it is much better).

Not to mention they have been very forthcoming with developer interaction both here on the forums, just look at the sheer volume of threads with [OBS] tags in the main 3 forums (there are a lot of them). Developers have been answering numerous specific questions such as "Will there be the ability to skip the intro scene?" A: yes, "Will POTD difficulty be increased?" A: yes patch 1.1.

About 20 minutes ago they just made another announcement with details about patch 1.1, what it will include and when it will be released. It's on steam go read it. Being released next month.

Finally, your comment about the stuff on POE1 those updates/patches came MONTHS after release. We've had two patches in the first week of release, access to public dev beta branch, numerous open commentary from developers, notifications about 3 DLCs upfront (this was not the case with White March 1 and 2), and now we have a confirmation message of the first major update a mere week and a half after release. So your statements are just not true, proveably so.

• Like 1

You have the right to be concerned but looks like today's annoucement just contradicted everything you just said........

Edited by Bill Gates' Son

I don't really mind the difficulty problems, there are mods for a "quick fix", but I'm not happy about that we have to wait another week or two for a companion relationships - behaviour fix.  I would like to enjoy their company, but as they are now they would just annoy me to no end. 

Edited by Owlbear

It's nice to hear the first large patch is coming out soon, I do hope we get to beta test it first. Partially so we can see the fixes earlier, but also so we can point out any new bugs introduced in that patch. The patches themselves typically benefit from additional testing and feedback.

Tides of Numenaria was horrible. I think I put 4 hours into it. On the other hand, I have over 100 into Deadfire so far.

Tides of Numenaria was horrible. I think I put 4 hours into it. On the other hand, I have over 100 into Deadfire so far.

I myself was a little bit disappointed by that game, too. But to claim that it's the worst thing ever as some people do is simply wrong. It's a mixed bag, with good and bad parts overall.

My response to the OP was mainly because i'm simply sick of the hyperbole on the net, probably coming from all the different echo chambers people come from (my main guess). You rarely find a middle ground nowadays. If something has flaws, it suddenly is "the worst thing ever"". The developers are silent for one or two weeks after release, it's a sign that the game "has failed" and is doomed to be "a broken mess" etc... It gets annoying very fast.

Edited by frogmoth
  • Like 1

I myself was a little bit disappointed by that game, too. But to claim that it's the worst thing ever as some people do is simply wrong. It's a mixed bag, with good and bad parts overall.

My response to the OP was mainly because i'm simply sick of the hyperbole on the net, probably coming from all the different echo chambers people come from (my main guess). You rarely find a middle ground nowadays. If something has flaws, it suddenly is "the worst thing ever"". The developers are silent for one or two weeks after release, it's a sign that the game "has failed" and is doomed to be "a broken mess" etc... It gets annoying very fast.

Ye! Who cares someone can't play a game he pay money for! YOU don't have a problem so it crealy just winners. Game and Obsidian clearly can't be at fault 

Edited by Dopsim

Oh no they're only done 1 patch within a week of release, the sky is falling.

Oh they announced a big patch coming at the start of June, today? And lots of other support coming all year? I'm shocked that your pessimistic nonsense based on literally nothing didn't come to pass.

Get out of here with that ****.

• Like 3