How do you force the characters to detect traps in this game? I think it used to be in stealth mode they would see it but now I can't seem to get them to see any traps they just keep walking right into them with no detection of them. 

Trap detection is handled by the Perception attribute.  If any of your characters have a high enough perception, they will spot the trap automatically.  There is no need to go into stealth mode to get a boost to your trap/secret detection, as was needed in POE1.

You can set up the game to automatically pause when a trap is detected, if you weren't aware.

I am aware of the autopause, the problem is getting them to detect it in the first place. The pet doesn't seem to be increasing the perception ability either. 

What is your character's perception score? I've been using Maia to detect traps -

with a perception of 17, she finds almost all of them. 

Edited by Yonjuro

It's the highest perception score of the party (not combined but the individual score) - including buffs, items, pets, potions, drugs etc. Of course your trapfinder should not walk in the last row - because the front row will trip a trap before the back row can even "see" it. Always put the PER guy in the front while walking around. That's one reason why you can make seperate formations for walking around and standing still.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, Maia is good to bring along for this reason. She had 22 perception at one point in my playthrough and would literally detect some traps beyond the fog of war.

Yep, my main Trickster/Beguiler has 20 PER unbuffed and I'm getting auto-pauses without seeing where they came from.

It in fact sucks a great deal. I have to actually search for an already uncovered secret stash. Was it to the north? Was it on my right? Damn it, if I knew.

Edited by Queeg

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

Yeah, Maia is good to bring along for this reason. She had 22 perception at one point in my playthrough and would literally detect some traps beyond the fog of war.

Yep, my main Trickster/Beguiler has 20 PER unbuffed and I'm getting auto-pauses without seeing where they came from.

It in fact sucks a great deal. I have to actually search for an already uncovered secret stash. Was it to the north? Was it on my right? Damn it, if I knew.

There is a button to highlight things you can interact with (I've edited my keys but I think it's tab or something). Using it should make finding stuff your guys have detected much easier. 

You can click on the messsage in the log, and it will center camera on the found object.
  • Like 3