DD wizard is straight up broken

There's story mode if you don't care about game balance. Every build is assuredly overpowered there. You go play that instead of raging every time devs try to tune the higher difficulties.

• Like 5

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I've expressed much stronger thoughts on this issue (namely people like that and devs that listen to them) on a different game a few years ago. Where a VERY SPECIFIC build on one class was obliterated by the devs simply because a hadnfull of dims called it out as being "OP"...

Shadowfrost DK, you were my only hope of not sucking at PvP! :<

Guys, before unleasing righteous fury, please check the date. This topic is old.

• Like 1

It always irks me when the "smash head on wall and scream HARDER!" crowd cries for nerfs in single player games. Because ruining the experience of other people is irrelevant as long as you get what you want right?

A min maxed wizard gets really strong PAST MID GAME! Alert the presses, this has never happened before. Really though, how about this, instead of stomping your foot and demanding the game be ALTERED TO SUIT YOUR DESIRES, how about don't play that if you don't like it "so easy"? It's that simple. Or play a naked wizard, who doesn't rest and goes at it solo with no weapons. From start to finish. 

I've expressed much stronger thoughts on this issue (namely people like that and devs that listen to them) on a different game a few years ago. Where a VERY SPECIFIC build on one class was obliterated by the devs simply because a hadnfull of dims called it out as being "OP"...

I see how this is irrelevant for this game since that was with a aaa developer who still listened to nonsense, and here we have a small dev who will only listen to the bigger backers so if said backers happen to be that kind of people then everyone else is screwed :D

Oh well. Time will tell.

Yeah. The balancing in this game has left a sour taste for sure. I returned to crpgs because of poor balancing in another game (Guild Wars 2), and here we are again - the old Berath's wheel's turning again. Luckily, modding is generally easy so bogus changes like the Beckoner nerf can be wiped away in a few minutes. On that note, I feel really bad for players who will pick this up on consoles.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Why are we bumping 2 month old threads?

Why is the main focus of this thread a class / spell at rank8 with 70base damage rather than the fact he gets like +20PL past what would be expected and 6 of these come from a single potion? (nevermind the 10might = 30% dmg on top of base stats from a single drug)

dont use consumables. boom fixed

Edited by Zelse

What is the total bonus power level of your character and what are the sources?

+1PL from evoker, requires great sacrifizes.

+6PL from potion looks very easy in comparison.

+1 from Prestige, well it is tier 9 passive

+2 Nature Godlike, probably too much,

+2 from gear (i suppose)

Power level buffing is a large part of the problem with the OPness of alot of aspects in this game's balance issues. Honestly, I feel like PL buffs should be capped at +3 or +4 and/or give diminishing returns to damage/effects.

Also empower single abilities is an issue as well. It should be changed/removed/reworked. It can not stay like it is and have any kind of balanced difficulty, especially when resting is free.

It's actually the only problem. 

OP buffs to +10 PL, 22 INT and 30 MIG, then comes here and - not sure if its a complaint, bragging or just statement - posts that DD Wizard is broken. To that, I say cool story bro. 

• Like 1

Shadowfrost DK, you were my only hope of not sucking at PvP! :<

Guys, before unleasing righteous fury, please check the date. This topic is old.

lol my bad. Well, it was a cool story anyway. 

The topic was at the top of the feed. I'm not checking the history/data/etc of every post/thread. If mods have a problem with a post they can block, edit, warn, etc. Shocking news, I know.

Back to my point since it seems I was misunderstood. The point was that nerfing everything is not the best way of doing things, especially in a single player game. Balance is one thing, but lowering everything to be "equal" makes it bland. As an example, if a class can end up killing almost anything with 1 skill near end of the game, after careful building and gearing the character, and other classes can't, that doesn't seem to me as a problem. To me it brings flavor to the game.

The idea was if someone doesn't like it, don't play that class, or don't min max it, instead of spamming devs to get them to nerf that class. And it's always a call for nerfs because a portion of people want things to be super difficult so they will never call for the "underpowered" class to be lifted, they will call for nerfs. And again, my point was that if you want things to be super difficult, go for it, play with no weapons, no gear, blindfolded in real life, etc, whatever gets you going. But to spam the devs to make them make the game into something that is very difficult no matter what just to fit your personal taste is ridiculous.

• Like 2

PoE was treated in the same way. It got several balance patches over time. This was accompanied by the same hyperbolic complaints that we see today. Now, in its final state it's a lot more balanced than at release. It's also a lot better than at release - for from being bland.

Also this: "spamming devs to get them to nerf XY" - it's just ridiculous. Usually the people who call for nerfs on x are the same that call for buffs on y. There are some very engaged and diligent people in this forums that test and play a lot and post their opinion about balance. That's a good thing. And of course they are just voicing their opinion. The same that you do by the way: saying that a single player game doesn't need nerfs is just your opinion. Claiming that those people want to influence the devs is duplicitous because you are doing the same when posting your opinion here.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods