Hi guys, first of all, sory for my bad english

I have some questions regardin ''Brisk Recitation'' the chanter modal for the toublador.

In most of the chants I see it is writen that the effect stays for 10 secs. So, my question is, this 10 secs start to count in the moment the phraze starts, or after the linger process?

I'm trying to see if I could have 3 phrazes on at the same time since each requires 3 seconds to chant, with brisk Recitation and would stay for 10 secs.

Also, I would like to know if the phrazes stacks with magic habilities like talents do, for exemple, would: ''The Silver Knights' Shields Broke both Arrow and Blade'' deflection stacks with the deflection provided by the palladin hability: ''Reinforcing Exhortation''

Ignore the tooltip for the 10 second stuff. A chant lasts 6 seconds and lingers for 3 seconds. A troubadour's linger is 4.5 seconds with BR off. If your intellect is 20 that adds another 1.5 seconds. This means a Troubadour can achieve double coverage of 2 phrases because both will have a 6 second cast, and a 6 second linger.

When BR is on the cast time of a phrase is reduced by half to 3 seconds, but you lose all linger time. So when BR is on you can only have a single phrase up at a time.

I dont believe it is possible to get 100% up time on 3 Phrases. I could be mistaken, and with a specific build it might be, but I doubt it.

As for the phrase stacking with a Paladin ability. It should. I havemt personally tried, but most phrases stack with this sorts of things. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure though.

• Like 1

So Brisk Recitation is useless then?

No. It is to reduce the time it takes to generate phrases in order to cast invocations. A troubadour can build 6 phrases to cast a high level invocation in 18 seconds with BR on. Any other Chanter takes 36 seconds to build 6 phrases. Skald might get lucky on crits and be a little faster. BR is anything but useless.

So, yes, you lose linger, but you can pump out invocation casts much faster than other Chanters. It's a trade off.

• Like 1

So Brisk Recitation is useless then?

Not at all. The purpose of Brisk Recitation is to build phrases faster. Not to make chants better. Turn it on when you want to cast invocations sooner or more often. Turn it off when you want to focus on chants.

Edited by Cutlass Jack
  • Like 1

Actually, some of debuff songs last longer than 3 seconds, so Brisk Recitation is beneficial if you want to debuff enemies. Also 10 points shield and summon skeleton work better with 3 second songs, as effect renews faster.

Actually, some of debuff songs last longer than 3 seconds, so Brisk Recitation is beneficial if you want to debuff enemies. Also 10 points shield and summon skeleton work better with 3 second songs, as effect renews faster.

Yeah, the debuffs pass through the graze/hit/crit system like active cast CC/DoTs/debuffs from other classes. At least this is how it seems to work. I expect if you crit on a 3 seconds phrase you get longer than 3 seconds. I dont believe it is reliable, though.

Seems like they should've made BR something to take on Level Up instead of sticking it on a sub.

No. Skald's would be broken with BR. They already have reduced cost to offensive invocations. Now you want to make BR a talent for every sub? So, Skald's now get an 8 second paralyze every 6 seconds.

Now imagine Beckoners with 6 second summons. As if they aren't broken enough.

Troubadours pay for BR by having an increased cost to every Invocation. That Skald's 2 phrase Killers froze stiff costs the troubadour 4 phrases. That is how it is balanced. Skald 2 phrases takes 12 seconds. Troubadour with BR on takes 12 seconds to build 4. It isnt until higher levels that BR starts paying dividends, and imho it is higher levels that I think it is worth keeping BR off because high level phrases are so powerful.

• Like 1