Where can I find the crafting material "adra ban?"

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a limited resource? I need one more to upgrade all of my party's equipment to Legendary.

There are other ingredients (obtained from defeating certain powerful creatures) that will unlock legendary recipes as well. 

the magma dragon at Ashen Maw drops three ingredients that can each be used to upgrade items to legendary. Kraken eyes can also be used iirc

I've never seen a kraken eye recipe.

I think it unlocks when you have two of them?

2 of them, and they unlock Superb Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It's a good system really. In PoE1 some reagents were the sole means of performing certain enchantments. Sky Dragon Eye, Adra Dragon Scale, etc. In Deadfire they provide an alternate method. Notably, when enchanting with these super rare components, you do not need to cough up copper as well.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

6 pieces pieces between the Engwithan Sentinels and Hierarchs on Ukaizo. Of course, by the time you get them, all the fighting in the game is over.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I've never seen a kraken eye recipe.

I think it unlocks when you have two of them?

Gods damn it!!  :blink:  :facepalm::banghead:  I stole one from the pub in Port Maje in my last play through, but the poor owner got so upset I let him keep it this time around. Guess I'm going to send Serafen back in to ruin his day again mwahahhaa  :dancing:  :fdevil:

Uuugh... restarted so many times while the worst of the bugs were playing havok that I'm sick to death of Port Maje  ;(

Edited by Noctoi

Well, if it's really only for superb then there is no reason to use it.

After PoE 1, and because you can only get kraken eyes in two places in PoE 2, I was really expecting them to be used in some spectacular recipe. I can’t say that I’ve done every upgrade on every unique yet, but like the others who posted, I’ve only seen the kraken eyes used to make something or other Superb. Disappointing.

I must say that when the tavern owner talked about his dismay at losing the eye, it actually felt bad about taking it. When a game gives me a real emotional reaction, that’s a good thing. I probably won’t steal it again unless I hear that kraken eyes are needed for something new.

• Like 1

and because you can only get kraken eyes in two places in PoE 2.

Three. The Kraken’s Eye, the Wael island, and the kraken fight. The option isn’t terribly valuable for enchanting weapons, but is actually a bit of a resource saver for armor.
  • Like 1

So the optional kraken battle doesn't give you any kraken eyes?

It gives you one.

and because you can only get kraken eyes in two places in PoE 2.

Three. The Kraken’s Eye, the Wael island, and the kraken fight. The option isn’t terribly valuable for enchanting weapons, but is actually a bit of a resource saver for armor.
I stand corrected. I missed it in the Wael maze, or forgot it was there. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Kracken eyes--a few armors require 1 adra ban to get to superb but will instead accept 2 kracken eyes, and from what I've seen most of them then get to legendary using normal gems--so you can essentially get +2 on one set of armor that would otherwise waste 1 adra ban.

A bit underwhelming, but it's something.  Just be sure not to waste them getting armor or weapons to superb that don't require an adra ban to get there--it also shows up in places were pyrite would do.

I stand corrected. I missed it in the Wael maze, or forgot it was there. Thanks!

It’s not in the maze. It’s in one of the searchable overland locations on the island itself