Are these bugs, poor design, some other issue?

Pighardia

Question

I have had a couple of issues in my game that I honestly don't know if they count as bugs or are working as intended.

1. Maia leaves my party after I take the quest to blow up the powderhouse. I had no intention of doing it, but there is no option to tell her this at all. Makes no sense.

2.Similarly, Serafen goes mad when I buy the slave on Crookspur even though I am obviously just playing along so I can set him free... Again, no option to tell him this at all.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

There were some quests in PoE that gave similarly limited options. It is like writers want to prevent the player to achieve everything and satisfy everybody but actually make a hard decision instead. Can't comment on these specific quests though.

Poor design.

There are similar more quests and conversations which limit your options in a similar way. I hope they will add some more options after they fix major bugs. I don't even want voice acting for them.

Let's make a post aggregating all kinds of 'lack of choice' problems in general discussions and I'll drop an issue or two.