I’m putting together a custom crew for my next game and would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions! Planning to give PotD a shot with level scaling.  I'm also undecided on which one would be best as the main character.  Thanks!

The Hunter – M14, C10, D16, P18, I10, R10

Mindstalker (Soulblade / Rogue)

Male - Death Godlike - The Living Lands - Hunter (Survival, Mechanics, Alchemy)

Proficiencies: Dagger, Mace, Spear, Sabre, Stilettos, Pistols

Style: Two Weapons

Starting Active Skills: Mechanics (3), Stealth (1), Alchemy (1), Slight (2)

Starting Passive Skills: Survival (1), Bluff (2), Insight (1), Metaphysics (1), Streetwise (1)

Suggested gear: Stalker’s Patience, Pukestabber, Drunkard’s Regret, Magistrate’s Cudgel, Azure Blade

The Dissident – M15, C11, D16, P16, I10, R10

Brute (Devoted / Barbarian)

Male - Savanna Folk – Rauatai – Dissident (History, Intimidate, Stealth)

Proficiencies: Great Sword

Style: Two Handed

Starting Active Skills: Athletics (2), Stealth (2), Explosives (1)

Starting Passive Skills: Intimidate (3), History (2), Survival (2), Streetwise (1)

Suggested Gear: Whispers of the Endless Path, Giftbearer Cloth, Casita Samelia’s Legacy, Helm of the Falcon

The Philosopher – M14, C10, D17, P17, I10, R10

Brawler (Shattered Pillar / Devoted)

Male – Savannah Folk – Ixamtali Plains – Philosopher (Insight)

Proficiencies: Unarmed, Swords

Starting Active Skills: Athletics (2), Alchemy (1), Explosives (1)

Starting Passive Skills: Insight (3), Streetwise (1), Metaphysics (1), Religion (1), Intimidate (1), Survival (1)

Suggested Gear:

The Scientist – M17, C10, D17, P14, I17, R3

Sorcerer (Animist / Wizard)

Female – Pale Elf – Living Lands – Scientist (Explosives, Arcana, Metaphysics)

Proficiencies: Quarterstaff, Rod, Arquebus

Style: Two Handed

Starting Active Skills: Arcana (3), Explosives (2), Alchemy (1)

Starting Passive Skills: Metaphysics (2), History (2), Diplomacy (1), Insight (1), Religion (1)

Suggested Gear: Chromoprismic Staff, Brightheart

The Clergy – M18, C10, D14, P14, I19, R3

Templar (Kind Wayfarer – Benevolent & Passionate / Priest of Eothas – Benevolent & Honest)

Male – Mountain Dwarf – Deadfire Archipelago - Clergy (Religion)

Proficiencies: Swords, War Bow, Flail, Morning Star

Starting Active Skills: Athletics

Starting Passive Skills: Religion, Diplomacy, Metaphysics

Suggested Gear: Modwyr, Duskfall, Saint Omaku’s Mercy

Edited by GamerSerg
  • Like 2

Looks like you have 3 melee dps there.  If it were me I'd probably swap one of them out for either a tank or additional support, or both, like a Shield Bearer/Troubadour tank.  A druid would be a pretty good choice too, I just personally hate to micro more than one pure caster.

Edited by Climhazzard

Looks like you have 3 melee dps there.  If it were me I'd probably swap one of them out for either a tank or additional support, most likely the latter, say a druid for more focused healing.

Yeah, based on my first game I wanted to go melee heavy this time.  The Clergy is intended to be the tank / support and will focus on healing and buffs.  Even with engagement I find that many fights are chaotic and you can't expect the "tank" to hold all the aggro.  Everyone needs to be able to somewhat defend themselves. The druid/wizard can also be a back up healer as needed.

Looks like you have 3 melee dps there.  If it were me I'd probably swap one of them out for either a tank or additional support, most likely the latter, say a druid for more focused healing.

Yeah, based on my first game I wanted to go melee heavy this time.  The Clergy is intended to be the tank / support and will focus on healing and buffs.  Even with engagement I find that many fights are chaotic and you can't expect the "tank" to hold all the aggro.  Everyone needs to be able to somewhat defend themselves. The druid/wizard can also be a back up healer as needed.

Ah I failed to notice one was multi classed as a druid, that party should work out fine then, at least once you get the AoE robust spell.

Look like fun build.

I suppose Rogue/Cipher could use more stealth if you plan Backstabs.

And Wizard/Druid could be Nature Godlike (even with nerfs).

For MC Diplo/Insight/Bluff are "best", at least apear in conversation often enought. And so does Deadfire origin.

CIpher, Priest of Eothas/Berath appear in conversation more often (for PC).

Scientist could swap Per and Mig (or Dex). Not hitting is bigger bummer than slow hitting. Also Lifegiver does not give up much, so is worth consideration.

Edited by evilcat

Look like fun build.

I suppose Rogue/Cipher could use more stealth if you plan Backstabs.

And Wizard/Druid could be Nature Godlike (even with nerfs).

For MC Diplo/Insight/Bluff are "best", at least apear in conversation often enought. And so does Deadfire origin.

CIpher, Priest of Eothas/Berath appear in conversation more often (for PC).

Scientist could swap Per and Mig (or Dex). Not hitting is bigger bummer than slow hitting. Also Lifegiver does not give up much, so is worth consideration.

The underlined skills are the ones I plan to invest in as the characters level up so The Hunter will be getting more stealth but I couldn't find a good way to get more at level 1.  All of the backgrounds that add stealth don't have anything else that I want. I went with Hunter because at least it boosts two skills I want.

I like the Nature Godlike suggestion.  It fits well thematically with Druid and the PL boost helps both classes.  Has anything specific been said about NG being nerfed?

I'm leaning toward the Cipher/Rogue as the main character.  I feel like there are a lot of stealth and survival checks where party assist won't cut it.  He also has Bluff and Cipher as you mentioned.  The Priest of Eothas is the other one I'm considering just for story reasons.

For the Scientist, you make a good point.  Maybe M14, C10, D17, P17, I17, R3

No insight on Nature Godlike nerf, just many ppl talk about it, and it IS powerful.

But even if "+1 when condition" with easy Infuse Vital Essence or even Fleet Foot for +1/+1 on classes which care about PL is ok.