The Nemnok side quest and its final battle is without a doubt my favorite in the game. It was a good challenge not only in terms of positioning but also because of the added difficulty of keeping Kaali alive while he was still hostile and attacking your party. No AoE attacks and spells was a big handicap. I know the easy option is to surrender to Nemnok and agree to his quest to retrieve the grimoires. Kaali then leaves on his own and you're free to go back on your word and start the battle immediately afterwards. However it's just so much more satisfying to have Kaali witness the fall of his god in person

I'm gonna be honest here. Totally forgot about Kaali when that giant magic-eating imp showed up; burned him alive on accident.

Sory, Kaali. Maybe next playthrough.

I like the whole Arkemyr quest chain - getting the tablet, investigating the observatory, fighting Concelhaut, and reporting to the Circle. Wizards are crazy and awesome. I can't wait for the related DLC.

For what it's worth, what is this "Circle"?  Sounds like some sort of council of wizards.  Though I found it amusing that Concelhaut assumed that the Watcher reports to the Circle when I didn't have a clue what it was (other than what I could infer).  I was hoping that there'd be a reply option to tell Concelhaut that I had no idea what the Circle was and that I had no affiliation with a group I'd never heard of before.  But alas, no such option.

For what it's worth, what is this "Circle"?  Sounds like some sort of council of wizards.  Though I found it amusing that Concelhaut assumed that the Watcher reports to the Circle when I didn't have a clue what it was (other than what I could infer).  I was hoping that there'd be a reply option to tell Concelhaut that I had no idea what the Circle was and that I had no affiliation with a group I'd never heard of before.  But alas, no such option.

It's a circle of Archmagi. When you see somebody's name on a spell - that's a circle archmage. Names like Concelhaut, Arkemyr, Ninagauth, Minoletta, Llengrath, etc.

Edited by Aramintai

It's a circle of Archmagi. When you see somebody's name on a spell - that's a circle archmage. Names like Concelhaut, Arkemyr, Ninagauth, Minoletta, Llengrath, etc.

And from what I encountered in that conversation, they're a bunch of arrogant, manipulative **** *to the last*.

And from what I encountered in that conversation, they're a bunch of arrogant, manipulative **** *to the last*.

Sounds like your typical circle of archmagi :) Can't wait to see what they're planning in DLC.

• Like 1

I'm totally going to spend the DLC stumping for inclusion in the Circle. Or for Aloth's inclusion, over his many objections, I'm sure. No doubt they'll shoot the idea down just as quickly as they did in the main game, but no one said becoming an archmage was easy.

I'm totally going to spend the DLC stumping for inclusion in the Circle. Or for Aloth's inclusion, over his many objections, I'm sure. No doubt they'll shoot the idea down just as quickly as they did in the main game, but no one said becoming an archmage was easy.

I've now killed three archmages...one of them twice. I'm clearly way more powerful than those idiots.

• Like 1

Apparently to be included in the circle requires some super awesome research that'd interest them. And Aloth or the wizard Watcher hadn't even invented their own original spell, let alone research, so I doubt they'll deign. But who knows, maybe after killing some more archmagi they'll have no choice but to offer a seat  :rolleyes:

Edited by Aramintai

I've now killed three archmages...one of them twice. I'm clearly way more powerful than those idiots.

But can you cheat death? Those guys certainly can - one is an undead lich, another has countless bodies, Arkemyr probably uses illusions of himself.

But can you cheat death? Those guys certainly can - one is an undead lich, another has countless bodies, Arkemyr probably uses illusions of himself.

We'll have to see if Akemyr shows up in the DLC after I exploded him like a balloon filled with red koolaid, won't we?

We'll have to see if Akemyr shows up in the DLC after I exploded him like a balloon filled with red koolaid, won't we?

I'm pretty sure he will, these guys tend to pop back up like mushrooms after rain. Btw, did he drop any good loot?

Edited by Aramintai

I'm pretty sure he will, these guys tend to pop back up like mushrooms after rain. Btw, did he drop any good loot?

Unique grimoire with a couple of unique spells and a non-unique legendary robe. That's it.

Edited by Katarack21

What's the trigger for getting the Arkemyr castle heist?  Is it talking to those 2 women (one Rauatian, the other Huana) out in front of his place? Just want to be sure.

Yes, these 2 women are the trigger.

I like the whole Arkemyr quest chain - getting the tablet, investigating the observatory, fighting Concelhaut, and reporting to the Circle. Wizards are crazy and awesome. I can't wait for the related DLC.

Well, I guess I've put my foot in it.  I already cleared out the observatory and nuked Concelhaut.  And I haven't even started the entire Arkemyr quest chain.  Well, sorta-kinda.  I cleared the first floor than started clearing the basement, but then walked into the room where Arkemyr was and decided to bail out (and reload), rather than look for a fight with him.

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get started on the quest (beyond talking to those two women).  From what I saw on the first floor, sneaking around looked all but impossible.  I know that there's a hidden entrance in the basement, but even there, there are a lot of imps, etc. and avoiding them seems rather ... challenging.

Is there something I'm missing here?  Does one go for the tablet first or try to speak to Arkemyr first?

Is there something I'm missing here?  Does one go for the tablet first or try to speak to Arkemyr first?

Actually, Arkemyr's is not home initally. The best approach to rob him is non-violent one. And it starts with you going in through the window of the second floor of his shop (The Dark Cupboard) and stealing his robes from his room up top. After robbing his vault and giving the tablet to one of those women an imp sends a message that Arkemyr has returned and sends you an invite - that progresses into a quest about the observatory.

• Like 1

Actually, Arkemyr's is not home initally. The best approach to rob him is non-violent one. And it starts with you going in through the window of the second floor of his shop (The Dark Cupboard) and stealing his robes from his room up top. After robbing his vault and giving the tablet to one of those women an imp sends a message that Arkemyr has returned and sends you an invite - that progresses into a quest about the observatory.

Thanks for the tip.  I was wondering if there might be some sort of way to get from the store to his house, but I forgot to go upstairs to take a look-see.

While I'm on the topic (sorta), I've been very hesitant to recruit Fassina for my party (or its reserves) because she runs a useful store and I haven't yet bought everything worth buying yet.  Kind of a shame, because I think that she'd be nice to have around.

Thanks for the tip.  I was wondering if there might be some sort of way to get from the store to his house, but I forgot to go upstairs to take a look-see.

While I'm on the topic (sorta), I've been very hesitant to recruit Fassina for my party (or its reserves) because she runs a useful store and I haven't yet bought everything worth buying yet.  Kind of a shame, because I think that she'd be nice to have around.

An imp takes her place behind the counter, so don't even worry.

Spoliers ahead.

And, you can sneak in to the lower level from the bathouse.

Favorite has got to be Fort Deadlight. One of my favorite quests ever especially with the... explosive ending where you end up redecorating the court with Benweth. Havn't laughed so much at a game in a long time.

Just an incredibly satisfying ending to a quest, and I'm sure it does wonders for the watchers reputation.

Am I the only one who preferred to stare Benweth down, so that he knows who screwed him over big-time and have him sing Korezak's praises every time a Principi ship sailed into port?