Just gathering these from people. I'd have to say Nemnok the Devourer and A Paradise for the Mind did it for me with the setup of the isolated locations and the storytelling.

Meanwhile, Family Pride did well early on to showcase how the slides and abilities could be used to resolve a quest, it's a bit of a shame there aren't more of this type.

one of my favorite quest..was also mah Doooooooooooooooom! 

well..sort of  :getlost:

The undead ghost ship . Big fan of Ghost ship movies , books..so when I saw the quest ! OMG! YES!!!!!! Gonna hunt it right away !

But...it was mah doom , cose I was playing as a Honest Priestess of eotha . So..made a vow to return the sword...and it also sucked me to work for pirates... ;( and for a 1st playtrough...urgh...that was horrrible.....

the other quest..is the one with the sick trees...

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Oh, easily Blow the Man Down (taking care of Benweth). I like me some hitman, and I didn't expect to get a fleshed out hitman level in Deadfire. Great start for the game, and great vertical slice of all gameplay elements in the game. 

• Like 2

Oh, easily Blow the Man Down (taking care of Benweth). I like me some hitman, and I didn't expect to get a fleshed out hitman level in Deadfire. Great start for the game, and great vertical slice of all gameplay elements in the game. 

Haha, when I finally got there I was so overleveled (I think about level 10-11) that I looked at all the convoluted ways to get to him, shrugged, then barged through the door and murdered everyone without bothering with any of the convoluted planning.

• Like 1

Overgrowth, from Sayuka. The one that takes you to Cignath Mor, when you learn the secret of the sea monsters and Galawain comes to talk to you.

Damn, forgot about that one.

He... er... the number of gods with a grudge against me grew that day.

Edited by Yenkaz
  • Like 2

Overgrowth, from Sayuka. The one that takes you to Cignath Mor, when you learn the secret of the sea monsters and Galawain comes to talk to you.

Damn, forgot about that one.

He... er... the number of gods with a grudge against me grew that day.

**** the gods! Send a kraken after me, LIKE THAT SCARES ME! :bat:

• Like 1

This one and Arkemyr's Manor. They reminded me of Raedric's Hold - different ways to enter, different ways to reach the goal. I like quests like that where there are different options in how to approach them.

• Like 4

Favorite has got to be Fort Deadlight. One of my favorite quests ever especially with the... explosive ending where you end up redecorating the court with Benweth. Havn't laughed so much at a game in a long time.

Just an incredibly satisfying ending to a quest, and I'm sure it does wonders for the watchers reputation.

Edited by rheingold
  • Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Overgrowth has that unique diving helmet interaction, which I think is really cool, and you learn a lot of intimate history about the Deadfire that's totally optional.

And the Kraken is one of the best boss encounters of the game, IMHO.

Aside from the already mentioned I also loved Bekarna's folly, because you get to talk and kill Concehaut once again and take his skull as a pet.

• Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Aside from the already mentioned I also loved Bekarna's folly, because you get to talk and kill Concehaut once again and take his skull as a pet.

Pillars XXXVI:

"Oh my Gaun, they killed Concelhaut!"

"You bastards!"

• Like 6

Bekarna's folly is my favorite. Concelhaut, the Circle, nice little piece of lore that plays well into the end game revelations, and a sudden wink from Wael of all people (he even called me pal!).

Blow the Man Down probably would have left a better impression if I hadn't just talked Benweth down, that was one of the most awkward conversations I had in the entire game. "Heya, me and my pirate buddies are gonna kill you! - But have you never heard that you should keep friends close and enemies even closer? Let's be friends! - Hmm yeah sure why not". Meh. Should have just rigged the piano.

• Like 2

I liked the Concelhaut and Kraken sidequests for flavour. The Arkemyr Manor heist was fun, and how he treats you afterwards.

Fort Deadlight clearly had the most thought put into it in terms of structure and different ways of going about it.

The Nemnok side quest and its final battle is without a doubt my favorite in the game. It was a good challenge not only in terms of positioning but also because of the added difficulty of keeping Kaali alive while he was still hostile and attacking your party. No AoE attacks and spells was a big handicap. I know the easy option is to surrender to Nemnok and agree to his quest to retrieve the grimoires. Kaali then leaves on his own and you're free to go back on your word and start the battle immediately afterwards. However it's just so much more satisfying to have Kaali witness the fall of his god in person

The one where the guy stashed a black pearl up his (ahem) and you have to craft a super laxative for him.

You get to keep the pearl afterwards. Assuming you still want it.

• Like 1

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Arkemyrs castle heist for me. Was fun stealthing it, not raising any alarm.

What's the trigger for getting the Arkemyr castle heist?  Is it talking to those 2 women (one Rauatian, the other Huana) out in front of his place? Just want to be sure.

The one where the guy stashed a black pearl up his (ahem) and you have to craft a super laxative for him.

You get to keep the pearl afterwards. Assuming you still want it.

What are you complaining about?  He washed it off!  :p

What's the trigger for getting the Arkemyr castle heist?  Is it talking to those 2 women (one Rauatian, the other Huana) out in front of his place? Just want to be sure.

Yes, these 2 women are the trigger.