[Bug] Permanent 'Exalted Focus' buff

Insolentius

Question

Four of my characters have a permanent 'Exalted Focus' buff (none of 'em are paladins). Resting or reloading the game doesn't fix it. 

I was exploring Hasongo with those four characters + Pallegina (who has Exalted Focus), but then decided to reload an earlier save and restart the area with Maia instead. After resting once in Hasongo with the new party, four of the character received the buff.

image.png

8 answers to this question

Shuffling party members in and out fixes the problem, but I can't replace my main character (so he's stuck with the buff). Any character that spends time with Pallegina gets the buff permanently until he or she leaves the party.

A temporary work around is to use the unity console mod. There is an option to remove effects. It also works if you are stuck with an old version of a buff. Removing and re-applying updates the effect.

You're right. It works. The mod also let me re-enable level scaling mid-game, which is cool. Thanks.

I'm having a similar problem with xoti's lantern spell resistance buff which became permanent on my main character. It reminds me of the old PoE1 bug of some temporary effects becoming permanent when saving the game too soon after a fight

If you want a solution before an official patch, the mod I listed above works on this too. Remove effects -> find Xoti's Lantern buff.

A temporary work around is to use the unity console mod. There is an option to remove effects. It also works if you are stuck with an old version of a buff. Removing and re-applying updates the effect.

You're right. It works. The mod also let me re-enable level scaling mid-game, which is cool. Thanks.

No problem. 

I'm having a similar problem with xoti's lantern spell resistance buff which became permanent on my main character. It reminds me of the old PoE1 bug of some temporary effects becoming permanent when saving the game too soon after a fight

If you want a solution before an official patch, the mod I listed above works on this too. Remove effects -> find Xoti's Lantern buff.

No problem. 

That's what I did. It removes the buff from the character sheet and from beside the portrait, BUT the magic resitance is still there, even though it's not listed anywhere. I don't have the spell resistance talent or anything else and the lantern isn't equipped of course. So yeah it's an improvement but only in aesthetics.

Greetings,

And thank you all for taking the time to post your questions and answers on our forums :) Should you have any additional questions or concerns let us know.

Cheers.

Has this been acknowledged as an issue?  Because as of 1.2 it is still happening (my entire party has a permanent zealous focus buff from the Goldpact Knights on the second floor of the Hole).  I'd rather not mod my game to get rid of this.