End game total damage done by companions and PC (spoilers)

Ranged out damaging melee? Hmm always thought it would be reversed.

In theorycrafting maybe dual-wield sabre etc or aoe builds around Lord Darryn's Voulge or Wahai Poroga are strong  but as I said in real-game terms in potd (especially with difficulty mod) you can't just make a glass cannon melee and expect them to do damage and be survivable enough without investing in some way into at least breastplate armor, some constitution and some resolve (devil of carroc for example) - so they have a longer recovery vs a 0% armor ranged dd. Add to that strong accuracy items for ranged like marksman ring and acina's trihorn and a powerful ranged weapon and the ranged dd will be more efficient as long as it's not rushed by enemy mobs. add aoe spells from wizard, cipher or priest at higher levels to the equation and the low armor, min con/resolve, high dex, high might ranged damager will run away with it usually. 

Check melee soulblade/devoted combination, pick Monastic Unarmed Training + Unbending + Mob Stance or Conqurerer Stance, you don't need even gear :D For accuracy and deflection cast borrowed insinct

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I see most people have quite balanced parties. I'm guessing this is also due to gameplay, right? Because I focused very much on the idea of my main doing all the damage and everyone else being there to provide him with support.

The party comp was:

• Eder - Tank
  • Xoti - Heal / Buff
  • Aloth - Damage / Debuff (though obviously not very successful on the damage part lol)
  • Serafen - Buff / Debuff (this spot I swapped around a lot so not really relevant for any companion)
  • Wizard Evoker - Damage

Anyway, I'm curious how the new trial thingies will go though. Not sure if I'll be able to go with wizard again :p

PS: attached files. not sure how that will be displayed. if it's a mess I'll edit the post.

Edit: Ok it's looking good. Also I forgot to mention this is right before I went to the endgame part. And POTD. But if I remember correctly even after the game was over the strongest enemy remained Nemnok lol. And I didn't blur this name since it's not a spoiler afaik, just a random sidequest.

post-217428-0-25589500-1532650869_thumb.jpg

post-217428-0-39343000-1532650880_thumb.jpg

post-217428-0-50063800-1532650888_thumb.jpg

post-217428-0-12924400-1532650895_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kian

I see most people have quite balanced parties. I'm guessing this is also due to gameplay, right? Because I focused very much on the idea of my main doing all the damage and everyone else being there to provide him with support.

The party comp was:

• Eder - Tank
  • Xoti - Heal / Buff
  • Aloth - Damage / Debuff (though obviously not very successful on the damage part lol)
  • Serafen - Buff / Debuff (this spot I swapped around a lot so not really relevant for any companion)
  • Wizard Evoker - Damage
Anyway, I'm curious how the new trial thingies will go though. Not sure if I'll be able to go with wizard again :p

PS: attached files. not sure how that will be displayed. if it's a mess I'll edit the post.

Edit: Ok it's looking good. Also I forgot to mention this is right before I went to the endgame part. And POTD. But if I remember correctly even after the game was over the strongest enemy remained Nemnok lol. And I didn't blur this name since it's not a spoiler afaik, just a random sidequest.

Lol WOW that is lopsided.

Care to share your build and how you did so much damage? Top spells?

Edited by Frog Man

The party comp was:

• Eder - Tank
  • Xoti - Heal / Buff
  • Wizard Evoker - Damage

Lol WOW that is lopsided.

Care to share your build and how you did so much damage? Top spells?

Well in terms of spells, I focused on Fireball, Delayed Fireball, Wilting Wind and Minoletta's Missile Salvo, as they became available on level up. Using Minoletta's lesser spells when I was dealing with mobs immune to fire at lower levels. It was mostly ok as Evoker, though I think I would have had an easier time with Tekehu's Chill Fog (no friendly fire), but eh.

And of course always buffed with Infuse and Merciless Gaze and buffs from Xoti and Serafen.

I'll edit later with a full build, but generally that was it.

I was always trying to kill with my main, mostly so that he would have the "strongest monster killed" lol (I had to load a save at Nemnok since Eder stole the kill -.- ). The only thing that really surprised me though is how low is Aloth, considering I geared him for damage and he even had Ninagauth's Grimoire (I went with the Vaporous one for my main for the extra spells, I felt it was better damage). Apparently his crappy stats (like all companions really) matter more than I thought.

Watcher (Nature Godlike Evoker) - 411.5k - 369 highest single target

Aloth (Wizard) - 89.8k - 211 highest single target

Xoti (Priest) - 23.6k - 259 highest

Pallegina (Herald) - 65.5k - 236 highest

Eder (Swash) - 41.8k - 81 highest

Eder is my tank so mostly defensive skills/passives. Xoti is pretty much pure support/healing/auto-attacking (a few blessed harvests here and there). Pallegina was using this build, however I feel if I'd micro'd her better after her opener she would have done much better, but most of my micro went into my Watcher. Aloth was there to basically clean up what my Evoker didn't finish off immediately, and also to cast a few debuffs I didn't want to waste spell casts on (expose vuln, combusting wounds).

This is halfway through Fampyr Island, with only final faction quests then Ukaizo left.

• 2 months later...

This is an interesting topic, but I don't think it's very meaningful with story companions, because you pick them up at different points.

The most remarkable thing about my first run was that Maia (Ranger/Rogue) with Red Hand actually almost caught up to my main Watcher (Fighter/Paladin) by the end - in spite of the fact that she joined at level 15!!!

That was a stunning testament to either the power of the Ranger/Rogue or the weakness of Fighter/Paladin (as a pure DPS, that is).

Oh, and Eder (Fighter/Rogue) was slightly behind my watcher when I dropped him at level 15 (I went through a full team re-make then) for Pallegina for the other melee slot. Eder was doing more DPS, but I wanted an extra Paladin for an even easier run overall.

In the next game I will start with a full custom party without running the +2 Attribute Blessing on the Watcher. So I will get a much better picture of the DPS balance.

Edited by Lampros

The most remarkable thing about my first run was that Maia (Ranger/Rogue) with Red Hand actually almost caught up to my main Watcher (Fighter/Paladin) by the end - in spite of the fact that she joined at level 15!!!

That was a stunning testament to either the power of the Ranger/Rogue or the weakness of Fighter/Paladin (as a pure DPS, that is).

Or both.

• Like 1

This is an interesting topic, but I don't think it's very meaningful with story companions, because you pick them up at different points.

Oh, and Eder (Fighter/Rogue) was slightly behind my watcher when I dropped him at level 15 (I went through a full team re-make then) for Pallegina for the other melee slot. Eder was doing more DPS, but I wanted an extra Paladin for an even easier run overall.

In the next game I will start with a full custom party without running the +2 Attribute Blessing on the Watcher. So I will get a much better picture of the DPS balance.

Any rogue with the Red Hand would come ahead of most melee classes.

• Like 1

Or both.

Indeed!

Any rogue with the Red Hand would come ahead of most melee classes.

Yes, it's a stunningly powerful weapon. I was floored.