End game total damage done by companions and PC (spoilers)

Uh I am only going to post 4 people as my fifth slot was Serafen for half the game and Pallegina for the back half.  Neither of them had enough time in the party to really post fair numbers compared to my MC, Xoti, Aloth, and Eder.

For the record my party was Watcher as a Soul Blade Cipher/Devoted Fighter - Great Sword, Eder as a Swashbuckler (Fighter/Rogue), Aloth as a single class Wizard, and Xoti as a single class Priest.  I am a little curious how many months there are in a single year now though?  15?

42337478712_253c67ab74_o.png

DZWIpdn.png

Pure Cipher, no subclass. Admittedly I macro'd the hell out of him. Also he had the Frostseeker bow, and his damage exploded once he got Time Parasite. Rather unoptimized considering normal first playthrough.

Xoti: 14763.3 damage. Pure Priest, mostly a buff/healing character wielding a pistol/lantern.

Aloth: 45425.1 damage. Pure Wizard. Didn't really macro him, I mostly set his AI to default and I don't think I even used his top tier spells that playthrough. Nor did I ever bother with Empower at all.

Eder: 32195.4 damage. Sword and board pure Fighter tank.

Pallegina: 36435.6 damage. Paladin/Chanter. I was actually surprised by this result, since I gave her the Whispers of the Endless Paths. Maybe she spent too much time trying to summon instead of hitting things.

I think my second playthrough will probably yield far more interesting results...

Freaking love time parasite. So much fun. 

Guest Blutwurstritter

I assume that enemies on PoTD have more health or are more numerous, so anyone playing on PoTD will have a higher damage maximum if compared to someone on normal or veteran even if they did the same content. 

I finished the game on normal with a pure barbarian corpse-eater and reached max level. My main character dealt 71333 damage (385 enemies killed). Eder and Maia come at approx. 35000 next.

Which encounter is supposed to be the hardest btw ?  Normal mode is rather easy so i coudn't tell which was supposed to be the toughest boss.

Hard to say because I did a rotation of companions (whom I took and also I mostly did POTD solo with them).

My PC Paladin/Chanter has - 111k - 398 enemies

Serafen - 32k - 110 enemies

Tekehu - 9k - 33 enemies

Pallegina - 38k - 116 enemies

Eder - 111k - 365 enemies

Comps below I check from earlier saves, cba to go to an inn :D

Maia - 11k - 43 enemies

Aloth - 32k - 108 enemies

Xoti - 40k - 188 enemies

Yes, I did a lof of soloing on POTD with Eder as DW Swashbuckler :)

Edited by Killyox

I assume that enemies on PoTD have more health or are more numerous, so anyone playing on PoTD will have a higher damage maximum if compared to someone on normal or veteran even if they did the same content. 

I finished the game on normal with a pure barbarian corpse-eater and reached max level. My main character dealt 71333 damage (385 enemies killed). Eder and Maia come at approx. 35000 next.

Which encounter is supposed to be the hardest btw ?  Normal mode is rather easy so i coudn't tell which was supposed to be the toughest boss.

None. Was able to solo every fight (POTD) I had :S With ease I might add, which is a bit of a let down 

During POTD my PC was knocked out in total 2 times by the end of the game

Edited by Killyox

Solo Pre endgame save, so the Guardian is not in it.

No idea why my image is so small click on it to enlarge.

Why so low defenses :)

Yeah, I know it's enough, just surprised you haven't gone higher.

Edited by Killyox

If I activate the 75% dmg converted to heal it is actually over 100% because of healbonus.

And brilliant invocation regains resources so i could recast it if I needed to, whenever.

If I activate the 75% dmg converted to heal it is actually over 100% because of healbonus.

And brilliant invocation regains resources so i could recast it if I needed to, whenever.

MCed with Paladin myself but opted out not to use Brilliant Invocation (and it's OP even without it by miles)

I didn't micro either of my highest damage characters, I programmed their AI and mostly played Aloth, but I didn't use any spells I thought were overly broken.  I used the same party from pretty much the moment I left the starting island.  Aloth and Xoti both come in a distant 3rd with around 65k damage each.

My main character is using my recently posted transcendent build.  I'm not quite sure how "highest damage" is recorded, but I can say I saw plenty of higher soul annihilation hits, even have a screenshot of one.  But around 400 was the highest I saw.

Dvzzjxt.jpg

Maia was using the scout multi class, her damage starts to climb once you get the 45k gun and driving flight.  

JKpCcTL.jpg

Edited by Climhazzard

Uh I am only going to post 4 people as my fifth slot was Serafen for half the game and Pallegina for the back half. Neither of them had enough time in the party to really post fair numbers compared to my MC, Xoti, Aloth, and Eder.

For the record my party was Watcher as a Soul Blade Cipher/Devoted Fighter - Great Sword, Eder as a Swashbuckler (Fighter/Rogue), Aloth as a single class Wizard, and Xoti as a single class Priest. I am a little curious how many months there are in a single year now though? 15?

42337478712_253c67ab74_o.png

You name your watcher ‘the watcher’ ?

I'm a bit surprised by the numbers here. Expected way higher total damage from the main characters overall (from my own experience with the game).

My current MC has done like 75% of the damage in the whole party. I'll post the logs once I hit no return on my latest playthrough, but it wasn't pretty for everybody else last time I checked.

Veteran difficulty:

MC War Caller (Skald/Fighter): 104893 

Eder (Fighter): 30059

Xoti (Priest): 34189

Aloth (Wizard): 62585

Tekehu (Druid): 52238

Eder was tanking and Xoti was healing/buffing so not much damage, Aloth and Tekehu were often clearing the back lines but the real monster AoE spells don't come until later in the game so a bit lower than my War Caller who was charging in, paralyzing fools and melting them with Min's Fortune+Duskfall.

On the topic of the hardest boss, for me it was the Deathguard in the catacombs because I was relatively low so everyone was hitting him for like 1-2 damage a swing. And fampyrs in general until I utilized some clever positioning and nuked them with AoEs from around the corner.

Nemnok took a while to kill, but noone was in any danger of dying, it just lasted long because I used up everyones's spells on clearing out the adds so they were autoattacking the bastard pretty much from full HP to zero.

Once I got to level 14-15 I could honestly just let the AI (with everyone set to aggresive) fight and win almost every encounter without any hassle.

Edited by Musahaladin

POTD w/extra difficulty mod, so my totals might be higher overall since enemies have more health (but I didn't do nemnok, vampires, or all exploration).

Watcher: 173,897 - 2004/3950 crit/hit - dual pistol monk/ranger using crit talents but purposefully avoiding infinite blunderbus stuff by using pistols.

Aloth: 47,779 - 8m18d - Rogue/Wizard buffing self and going melee - . Also took the most damage and got knocked out the most, wonder why... ;-)

Maia: 49371.9 - 5m8d - Scout using soulbound arquebus

Pallegina - 11,017 - 5m17d - full tank spec, really low damage.

Xoti - 5830 - 4m4d - only used early game until her quest was done

Tekehu - 21319.9 - 3m11d - druid aoe attacks, also had highest single target damage at 239

Really surprised by how much damage others are getting out of their companions. I wasn't stealth sniping or using a ton of empowers or anything.

POTD w/extra difficulty mod, so my totals might be higher overall since enemies have more health (but I didn't do nemnok, vampires, or all exploration).

Watcher: 173,897 - 2004/3950 crit/hit - dual pistol monk/ranger using crit talents but purposefully avoiding infinite blunderbus stuff by using pistols.

Aloth: 47,779 - 8m18d - Rogue/Wizard buffing self and going melee - . Also took the most damage and got knocked out the most, wonder why... ;-)

Maia: 49371.9 - 5m8d - Scout using soulbound arquebus

Pallegina - 11,017 - 5m17d - full tank spec, really low damage.

Xoti - 5830 - 4m4d - only used early game until her quest was done

Tekehu - 21319.9 - 3m11d - druid aoe attacks, also had highest single target damage at 239

Really surprised by how much damage others are getting out of their companions. I wasn't stealth sniping or using a ton of empowers or anything.

Maia scout can get -60% reload speed for guns right away, plus super high accuracy.  Her damage should really start to climb once you get driving flight and the 45k gun.  Aloth could literally end every fight with empowered group wiping spells starting at around tier 5 spells (I purposely avoid doing this).  Everyone of course is going to favor their watcher with gear and possibly micro, but that doesn't mean companions can't be beasts if given the proper attention.

I mean, personally I just program the AI to play my watcher who has almost infinite resources anyways and micro either Aloth or Tekehu depending on which one I have in the party.

Edited by Climhazzard

Here's my latest 100% completion playthrough.

Watcher: 252k - dw devoted/shattered pillar

Eder: 23k - fighter/rogue

Xoti: 6k - priest

Aloth: 60k - wizard

Pallegina: 18k - paladin/chanter

A few notes. I controlled my Watcher 90% of the time, hence the ridiculous damage distribution. Also, the build was grossly overpowered. I loved it. Having Eder with a shield was a mistake. Next time I do the build, I'll go dual wield. He never dropped below 80% anyways. Xoti was the heal/buff bot, Aloth was good but **** AI wizards just casting ice spells all over your own party. I was too lazy to micromanage him outside of the opening move, and never bothered to set up my own AI. Pallegina... probably could have done more, but she was there to buff the party and be another frontliner. I noticed that a lack of a mobility skill like Charge really hurt the dps, my Watcher just killed everything before she could run to melee range.

• 3 weeks later...

Full run, played aggressively and cleared everything there is to kill with a few exceptions. Kept same party after getting to Nekataka. PotD, upscaled and with Deadly Deadfire hardcore version but with the standard mod modifier to enemy health, which is already something like +30%. Big nerf to xp gain though is why I finished at level 19 but killed almost everything lol. 

Watcher Witch - 295K, Amiina's Legacy and Lord D Voulge as main weapons

Maia Geomancer - 156K, Blightheart, Spearcaster and later Dual Scepters when vs pierce immune, but lower dps than my main 2 dps since she was also doing cc

Pallegina Herald - 20K (she was healer primarily) - I liked the Saint Omakku's Warbow on her mostly or sword and shield when forced to be defensive also her pets like wyrms and drakes dealt damage while she was healing

Ydwin - Rogue - 215K, dual wield Grave Calling and the other ice sabre

Konstenten Howler - 33K tank - Shards of Woedica and various shields, he just had to debuff stuff and not die

Most difficult fights imo without using op broken alchemy/arcana cheese or generally unbalanced items in this version:

Can't really determine order but these three come to mind:

-Animancer tower top platform at end of Vaillain questline

-Lucia Rivan boat fight

-The Queen of Nekataka at end of RDC questline

Those are end game fights with little room to maneuver/ pull and reseet fight - you have to duke it out so to speak

Nemnok, Guardian of U and other stuff was easy compared to those three. 

post-211561-0-62273600-1529297136_thumb.jpg

post-211561-0-35917200-1529297147_thumb.jpg

post-211561-0-30694700-1529297162_thumb.jpg

post-211561-0-75480400-1529297174_thumb.jpg

post-211561-0-33342600-1529297189_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

In my current playthrough, Maia (scout) is just edging it over my main character in terms of damage (all characters with customized AI, which does a very good job), and she's comfortably in front on enemies killed. The Red Hand is responsible for this, mostly - she is pulverizing lower level vessels with Red Hand's double tap upgrade and driving flight ability.

I've been working on getting more damage out of the companions.

Maia is pretty straightforward with the Red Hand, you just have to set her to spam crippling strike / twinned shot and accurate wounding shot instead of the default script's concussion shot.

I have a set build and script for swashbuckler Eder and he's roughly even with Maia before Twinned Shot and then a bit behind. Since he starts earlier and I feed him kills in cleaving stance to speed up the early game he's usually top damage until the watcher or Maia catches him in the level 13-16 range but he puts out respectable numbers throughout and is my benchmark for watcher damage builds. I don't have high damage builds for the rest of the companions.

Xoti as a priest can do okay once she can get Storm of Holy Fire, Symbol of Eothas, Spark the Souls, and spam Blessed Harvest but a lot of her time gets spent buffing/healing and she never really catches up from her late start. In the current playthrough, I'm running her as a Monk, which should be fine. She's behind by quite a but but just now getting into the monk power phase so I'll be interested to see how her damage totals up over the course of the game. I've done her as a contemplative trying to split the difference and been unsuccessful but that might be because I didn't put enough effort into her ai script and I have ideas on how to do it better.

I know Aloth can do good damage but I don't particularly like wizards so I'm not particularly good at them. Boeroer posted a battle mage build for him and I'll probably give that a go.

I don't like Serafen's Cipher subclass so I run him as a barb with the default script. He does around 2/3 the damage of Eder/Maia so decent but not great. I think I could do better with him by giving him the Reckless Brigandine, setting up the script to trigger the +3 engage with Howl, and set Barbaric Smash only under 50% target hp.

I find Tekehu provides a lot of utility by dropping foe-only Chill Fogs and mass stuns with the lightning storms and healing but I don't get anywhere near the damage out of him that I get out of Eder/Maia.

I do like Pallegina and I've tried 9 or 10 builds and put together custom scripts for her. I can't get her do deal any kind of reasonable damage. She's like 1/3 of Eder/Maia.

I always multi Pallegina and Tekehu with Chanter, because their no-maintenance buffs and healing are just too awesome. I also let the AI use 'killers froze stiff' and enjoy hordes of paralyzed enemies for large stretches of every fight. Their damage output isn't great, but that's ok, because they make the party super durable.

Full run, played aggressively and cleared everything there is to kill with a few exceptions. Kept same party after getting to Nekataka. PotD, upscaled and with Deadly Deadfire hardcore version but with the standard mod modifier to enemy health, which is already something like +30%. Big nerf to xp gain though is why I finished at level 19 but killed almost everything lol.

Watcher Witch - 295K, Amiina's Legacy and Lord D Voulge as main weapons

Maia Geomancer - 156K, Blightheart, Spearcaster and later Dual Scepters when vs pierce immune, but lower dps than my main 2 dps since she was also doing cc

Pallegina Herald - 20K (she was healer primarily) - I liked the Saint Omakku's Warbow on her mostly or sword and shield when forced to be defensive also her pets like wyrms and drakes dealt damage while she was healing

Ydwin - Rogue - 215K, dual wield Grave Calling and the other ice sabre

Konstenten Howler - 33K tank - Shards of Woedica and various shields, he just had to debuff stuff and not die

Most difficult fights imo without using op broken alchemy/arcana cheese or generally unbalanced items in this version:

Can't really determine order but these three come to mind:

-Animancer tower top platform at end of Vaillain questline

-Lucia Rivan boat fight

-The Queen of Nekataka at end of RDC questline

Those are end game fights with little room to maneuver/ pull and reseet fight - you have to duke it out so to speak

Nemnok, Guardian of U and other stuff was easy compared to those three.

Your Ship's Cook is pretty strong

given "decent" good builds ranged dps should outdamage melee toons all else things being equal because:

-as ranged you usually have light armor or no armor and faster recovery than melee who need at least some minimal defenses

-as ranged you usually get the first shot/damage out in any encounter while melee is still running towards the target to engage

-ranged have better in game items to increase damage: marksman's ring, acina's trihorn, not to mention so pretty powerful weapons like The Red Hand, Amiinaa's Legacy bow, or dual wield Scordeo's Trophy+Kitchen Stove or one of the two Aoe Blunderbusses

that said a melee streetfighter/berserker or melee streetfighter/helwalker can give anyone a run for their dps numbers and come up on top sometimes.

but even in that has a ranged streetfigher/wizard (minor blights), streetfighter/ranger (driving flight aoe stuff), streetfighter/ascendant (machine gun of mind blades/amp waves) will probably be hard to beat.