End game total damage done by companions and PC (spoilers)

Just a comparison who was a deadliest character in your party and how much.

Even better full setup with each charcter performance, but only 1 is also ok.

For me:

Veteran dif, lv 19

PC Soulblade/Assasin 38k (the whole invisibility+backstab thing takes some combat time)

Eder Rogue/Fighter 35,5k

Tekehu Chanter/Druid 23,5k (possible some mistakes in build and AI setting)

Xoti Priest 34,5k (must be friendly fire, rise after lv 11)

Maia Scout 41,5k (soulbound rifle)

Some companions wasnt full time, like Teheku or Maia. Also Maia and Eder has easiest AI.

Topic more for just sharing data, and result, not intense discussion (there are other topics for that).

Extra information, like "this char, wasnt geared/ai properly, most welcome.

Or just info about good gear, ability  which helped achieve such result.

For you?

Edited by evilcat

Pure ranger Maia blew the rest of my PotD team out of water for dps over the playthrough. 100% piercing damage from a rifle the entire time. Eder came in second at 45k with his corroding paralyzing morningstar (crush/pierce is a great damage profile).

RhZSu23.jpg

I suppose Maia's damage was not 100% Piercing like I claimed in that thread, if a portion of it was Raw damage tacked on by Wounding Shot, and some Burn added by the unique rifle during the last quarter of the game. Also, not sure if Ishiza's damage gets added to Maia's total or not.

Edited by mazeltov
  • Like 1

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

The recent run PoTD, but not finished (no final boss, no vampire isle, no nemnok)

Druid Furry Fury: 90k

Eder Fighter/Rogue dual wielding 2 Duskfalls 80k

Serafen Witch 40k (I guess I used and microed and equipped him badly, since in previous playthrough as pure barb he did 90k)

Maia only 1/2 of the game 32k (pure ranger, Dragon's Dowry, Sanguine sword, light armor)

Aloth pure wizard 43k (but I mostly used CC not damage, and no drugs or particularly great equipment)

Edited by Shadenuat

From memory, I checked that yesterday.

Level 14 (I skipped a lots of stuff and combat), all single classed.

MC Skald: 27k (highest party single hit damage at ~136)

Maia: 24.5k

Aloth (used him for CC and a bit of damage): 23k

Edér: 17k

Pallegina: 11k

Maia was last to join.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Edit: looked it up - Witch main charakter: 188553 damage, 758 enemies defeated, 289 highest single target damage. Eder (Fighter) around 32000 (longest in party), highest companion damage Maia (Scout), approximately 65000 (in party for large parts of the game too).

Edited by M4xw0lf

From pre-end game save

MC War Caller (Unbroken/Skald) 46575.5 (Time in party 1 year 2 months 11 hours)

Edér Swashbuckler 49871.9  (Time in party 14 Months 12 days 25 hours)

Maia Scout 51741.0 (Time in party 10 Months 5 days 22 hours)

Aloth Wizard 29792.7 (Time in party 7 Months 13 days 14 hours)

Xoti Contemplative 11701.8 (Time in party 9 Months 5 days 17 hours)

Serafen Witch 9327.0 (Time in party 8 Months 17 days 26 hours)

Pallegina Paladin 10284.6 (Time in party 7 Months 3 days 22 hours)

Konstanten Chanter 685.8 (Time in party 1 Months 2 days 10 hours)

Ydwin Mindstalker 812.8 (Time in party 1 Months 12 days 26 hours)

Rekke Fighter 83.0 (Time in party 6 days 16 hours)

Fassina Wizard 0.0 (Time in party 3 hours)

I made a lot of mistakes in character development (I should have never multi classed Aloth, but I was thinking like other RPG's where you needed a rogue, you don't need a rogue this game only mechanics skill). And I did run with Pallegina for a little bit and Eder was out of the party for a little while. I also swapped Serafin and the Godlike character (both of whom I multi classed). The godlike character left me because of my choices at the end, so I can only print Serafin's numbers.

Eder 20.6 k/highest single target 78.9

Serafen 6100 (I ran with the godlike most of the game who seemed to do better damage)/ highest 304.8 (no idea what did that!)

Xoti: 32.2 k/ highest 162.6 She actually got the killing blow at the final tough boss fight using Symbol of Eothas. The irony.

Me (single class sharpshooter ranger) 88.3k / highest 116.6

Aloth 45.9k / highest 155.6

Enemies   Damage   Highest    Crits   Hits       Weapons        Time                  Note

MC Ravager:    297           67,968     150           608    2,026     Unarmed         13 Months        Helwalker / Berserker

Eder Rog/Fig:   275           53,655     204           508    2,808     Spear+Shield  13 Months        Mohora Tanga

Maia Wiz/Rng: 170           44,394      135           850    2,199     Arquebus         11 Months       Dragons Dowry briefly

Aloth Wizard:    55            18,278      181           122    712        Spells              5.5 Months       AI Aggressive

Xoti Cleric:        72            20,902      134           261    2,717     Spells              13 Months        Buffer

Edited by Lokithecat

My first playthrough on Veteran:

Orlando.jpg

Aloth: 78,609 - Would have been higher if I had just been relegating him to three spells for 90% of the playthrough like my current Evoker.  I don't bother with Empower cheese either.

Serafen: 54, 776 as a Witch.  He would have done better as a full Barbarian I think, or at least never bothering to cast any Cipher skills, which would have just meant that half was only for the whip bonus.

Pallegina: 23,593

Xoti: 10,777

Also, the Records log doesn't really tell the entire story either since it counts overkill damage.  It only shows how much each character did in the combat log, but it doesn't show how much they contributed to killing an enemy.  An enemy with only a single hit point left that's hit for 90+ still only had one hit point removed.

Edited by Sanctuary

My first playthrough on Veteran:

Orlando.jpg

Aloth: 78,609 - Would have been higher if I had just been relegating him to three spells for 90% of the playthrough like my current Evoker.  I don't bother with Empower cheese either.

Serafen: 54, 776 as a Witch.  He would have done better as a full Barbarian I think, or at least never bothering to cast any Cipher skills, which would have just meant that half was only for the whip bonus.

Pallegina: 23,593

Xoti: 10,777

Also, the Records log doesn't really tell the entire story either since it counts overkill damage.  It only shows how much each character did in the combat log, but it doesn't show how much they contributed to killing an enemy.  An enemy with only a single hit point left that's hit for 90+ still only had one hit point removed.

Your main character was using ranged weapons, I assume? How well does this work with Barbarian abilities? And which subclasses did you use, if any?

Edited by M4xw0lf

Your main character was using ranged weapons, I assume? How well does this work with Barbarian abilities? And which subclasses did you use, if any?

I picked the default Ranger, but if I had to do it again, I think I would just use Ghost Hearted since the pet contributed nothing appreciable damage wise (I was using the bear, thinking it could take more than two hits, but it was worthless for longevity), and having to constantly worry about it dying and getting Bonded Grief, sucked.  Also, I thought that I'd be able to make good use of the Knockdown combo to get +100% damage on attacks, but I don't believe I got it to work more than a single time.  Bear couldn't prone jack.  For Barbarian, it was just the standard.  The main reason I took it was because:

1. 20% haste for most, if not all of any given fight and I didn't want to use the typical Monk/Ranger build, since that's already well established to be broken.

2. I didn't get any benefit from Carnage, but I did get to put Barbaric Smash to good use.  It also synergized very well with the overpowered weapon I was using.  Frostseeker.  I actually restarted my first playthrough at level 11 once I found this weapon, and decided to build a character soley around it.  Plus, once I unlocked Driving Flight, it just got stupid.

3. Aside from the above two, it was all about the passives.  Blood Thirst, Bloodlust, Bloody Slaughter, Wilder Hunter.

The next build I want to do (if not for the PC, then for a custom) is a ranged Assassin/Monk, or potentially Assassin/Barbarian, but I haven't found any truly good weapons yet that are good for high damage stealth shots other than the Arcane based Arbalest, and it's rather slow for reloading.  I think possibly Veilpiercer would work though.  It's relatively fast, and if I crit (which I should with the Assassin bonus), I will instantly attack again, so I'd basically be doing 2.55x damage. from stealth.  Only problem is that I'd have to wait kind of long to access it, so I'd need something else in the meantime.

edit: 25% haste.

Edited by Sanctuary
  • Like 1

I picked the default Ranger, but if I had to do it again, I think I would just use Ghost Hearted since the pet contributed nothing appreciable damage wise (I was using the bear, thinking it could take more than two hits, but it was worthless for longevity), and having to constantly worry about it dying and getting Bonded Grief, sucked.  Also, I thought that I'd be able to make good use of the Knockdown combo to get +100% damage on attacks, but I don't believe I got it to work more than a single time.  Bear couldn't prone jack.  For Barbarian, it was just the standard.  The main reason I took it was because:

1. 20% haste for most, if not all of any given fight and I didn't want to use the typical Monk/Ranger build, since that's already well established to be broken.

2. I didn't get any benefit from Carnage, but I did get to put Barbaric Smash to good use.  It also synergized very well with the overpowered weapon I was using.  Frostcaller.  Plus, once I unlocked Driving Flight, it just got stupid.

3. Aside from the above two, it was all about the passives.  Blood Thirst, Bloodlust, Bloody Slaughter, Wilder Hunter.

Seeing how your MC so far is the only other one in here with 100k+ damage besides mine, it seems Barbarians aren't doing so bad as main damage dealers. Surprising that it even makes sense for ranged combat, but of course the passives you listed will always be useful.

Edited by M4xw0lf

2. I didn't get any benefit from Carnage, but I did get to put Barbaric Smash to good use.  It also synergized very well with the overpowered weapon I was using.  Frostcaller.  Plus, once I unlocked Driving Flight, it just got stupid.

Seeing how your MC so far is the only other one in here with 100k+ damage besides mine, it seems Barbarians aren't doing so bad as main damage dealers. Surprising that it even makes sense for ranged combat, but of course the passives you listed will always be useful.

Other than the obvious benefit from the haste (the raw damage later on was extra icing on top too), landing crits were vital for this build, since the weapon procced more shots from them.  Barbarian was the only class other than Fighter (Devoted/Disciplined Strikes) that would have ensured I landed them more often than not, especially early on thanks to the +30% crit chance from Smash.  I was initially thinking about Assassin/Ranger, but the weapon is not good at all for backstab attacks.  It fires off three projectiles, but once the very first hit happens, you're considered removed from stealth and the other two arrows gain no benefit.

Ironically, for a long time, I had my custom AI screwed up with Wounding Shot, and whenever I wasn't controlling my character, he would just spam it until he had no bond left after the initial application of Marked for the Hunt.  Typically on the same target that already had it.

Edited by Sanctuary

DZWIpdn.png

Pure Cipher, no subclass. Admittedly I macro'd the hell out of him. Also he had the Frostseeker bow, and his damage exploded once he got Time Parasite. Rather unoptimized considering normal first playthrough.

Xoti: 14763.3 damage. Pure Priest, mostly a buff/healing character wielding a pistol/lantern.

Aloth: 45425.1 damage. Pure Wizard. Didn't really macro him, I mostly set his AI to default and I don't think I even used his top tier spells that playthrough. Nor did I ever bother with Empower at all.
Eder: 32195.4 damage. Sword and board pure Fighter tank.
Pallegina: 36435.6 damage. Paladin/Chanter. I was actually surprised by this result, since I gave her the Whispers of the Endless Paths. Maybe she spent too much time trying to summon instead of hitting things.

I think my second playthrough will probably yield far more interesting results...

From my 2nd playthrough on PotD, finished pretty much everything outside a few forced fail quest and combat skipping through dialogue.

kc3wM9Z.png

Single-ranger MC : 226281.0

Serafen Husbando/Chanter : 49930.6

Pallegina Fighter-pally: 35252.0

Takehu Druid: 73316.8

Maia Ranger-Mage : 88688.3

Didn't bother to use the rest of the cast outside their quests.

I'm a bit surprised by the numbers here. Expected way higher total damage from the main characters overall (from my own experience with the game).

If you only micro your main, sure, you can do more damage (for example, begin every encounter with some empowered spell from out of fog of war, a-la wand of cloudkill from BG2 and dragons), but that's not really a point of party based game is it.

I usually have equal split among damagers, and similar among supports.

Edited by Shadenuat

Souls for Eoathas. Harvest on veteran.

PC Wizard/FuryDruid Nature Godlike 105k,
Xoti  Priest/Monk 56k,
Pallegina Paladin/Chanter 40k
Eder Rogue/Fighter 81k
Serafen Cipher/Barbarian 75k

There is some challenge in setting AI to use abillities.

And a lot depends who gets coolest sticks first.

PC mostly blasting stuff with acid burst, and storms, Was using all 4 elements, since frostball, and chill fog and blizzard ware also used.

Xoti: hard to tell how often was using monk stuff. end game duality, and sometimes stun fist, but as game progress more and more is casting.

Pallegina support with heals, and song against fampyr will never be forgotten. Probably could use FoD more generously. Herald is a bit point intensive.

Eder dual sabre, this variant is effective

Serafen, dual swords. Mind Blades work quite well together with fury.

Edited by evilcat

85k for my Ranger (Sharpshooter, Frostseeker bow is super OP, needs a nerf)

15k for Tekehu (Druid/Cipher, mostly Healbot)

25k for Serafen (Pure Cipher, usually 2x Blunderbuss)

20k for Eder (Pure Fighter, tank)

27k for Xoti (Monk/Priest, offtank/heals/damage -- man, she is awesome)

Edited by MetalMusicMan

frequent rotated our party for dialogues n' such.  only constant were swashbuckler tank eder who ended with 45k damage on 338:886 crit/hit ratio with a highest single damage o' 125.7 and damage taken of 8206.

aloth did 54k damage with 806:1745 ratio and a high single damage o' 349.

xoti and the blue monkey were next highest but weren't in our endgame party... will look at 'em later if anybody is genuine curious.  xoti had a high single target damage o' +500. xoti coulda' had a higher single target damage as blessed harvest is bugged op at the moment and we did not exploit.  

our main character were a hearth orlan priest o' eothas/helwalker. we used lightning strikes 'cause swift flurry were obvious exploitive from first beta release and we weren't gonna cheese our way through an initial run.  for first 1/3 o' game, we were mostly a ranged caster with a scepter as our main weapon.  didn't have the aloth scepter, so best weapon we had for much o' early game were an exceptional scepter we got via ship combat.  after 1/3, we switched 'tween ranged and melee, using the spiritual weapon flail most often for melee.  late game were almost entire melee for Gromnir with end total damage o' 107679 and a ratio o' 1127:2825.  highest single target damage were a decimal smidge over 800 (those empowered pillars of flame hit hard, no? stopped using 'em or woulda been a higher single target damage.  even the non empowered pillars would hit for ~700 by endgame) and damage taken were 11.5k, most o' which we suspect were mostly self-inflicted scepter modal damage.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)