Could have something a little middle eastern looking seeing as there are deserts. Veils and whatnot. Or something a bit greek looking, bit of shoulder exposed. Just thinking of the setting - I can't imagine much worse that a deep thick robe on a tropical island. 

I just wish we were able to 'enchant' the clothing (including the Dancer Outfits  :brows: ) with Fine/Exceptional/Superb qualities, like in PoE 1

Those Vaillian Frock Coats are so sexy.

I honestly was hoping for the same thing. I wish there was some basic enchantments you could apply to vanilla equipment and clothes if you like the way they look. 

i'd like to see some higher tier clothing items, like the frock coat mentioned earlier. however, i don't think it should stop there, as there are so many aesthetically interesting clothing selections in game, if their armor ratings were comparable to the higher tier robes a few of my hirelings would have gotten them, instead of the bland armor or robes they did get.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I actually went looking for ydwin using my pre-end game because I saw she was wearing an interesting looking tattered dress that I thought my battlemage could wear (who seems like an interesting sidekick too actually - you could give her one of those fampyr staffs and have her domination/charm focused). Alas she was dead or something. But it was a lot of trouble to go to, just for an outfit.

It's odd how much things like this can matter to a player. Character creation, and how they look, is sort of a fun unto it's own - one you don't really see that much with the overview isometric view, but somehow the idea of it is engaging. 

I guess they went with the enchantment system they did, to avoid power gamers gimping their characters. But there is a high quality watershaper robe, so it seems perfectly easy to add some enchanted cloth gear.  Something I'd definately like. 

I, for one, would love for Xoti’s starting outfit to be unique and have its own enchantment path. This would keep it viable for the entire game; it looks great and I’m reluctant to give Xoti anything else.

• Like 7

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I, for one, would love for Xoti’s starting outfit to be unique and have its own enchantment path. This would keep it viable for the entire game; it looks great and I’m reluctant to give Xoti anything else.

While we're at it, Xoti-style robes for the player would be kind of neat. They look great, but as it stands, it's just weird going around stealing the companions' unique clothes for your character.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2

^ Personally, I’m not a fan of giving the player everything the companions have. It cheapens companions and makes them feel less special.

Granted, clothing are not the same as giving the player the marine godlike subrace or the watershaper subclass, for example. There would be no reason to play Tekehu anymore once you know his story as he wouldn’t bring anything special to the table.

Even then, I like that Xoti’s looks are unique to her. It’s part of her character. If I could go around looking the same it would feel less special—kinda like buying a piece of pret-a-porter clothing and running into someone who’s wearing the same :p

• Like 2

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That's a good point. You're right.

I just wish there was more variety in robe styles than a one-piece gown with buttons. And Xoti a good example.

Or, hell, Aloth. That custom Aedyran-style wizard toga is extremely cool.

In the end, both make your robed Watcher look like someone who has just crawled out from a dinner at a nearby dumpster.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2

Agreed. Hopefully the Watcher will get some style too in future updates :)

• Like 1

That's a good point. You're right.

I just wish there was more variety in robe styles than a one-piece gown with buttons. 

Pretty much, this. 

My character looks like Rasputin, and it wasn't even deliberate. 

I'm hoping for more scholarly, Renaissance-ish robes. Every robe in the game looks like it was made in a medieval monastery.

Edited by LordofBones
  • Like 1

For those who want to use Xoti's, Serafen's, and Tekehu's starting outfits throughout the whole game, this mod should be of interest.

For those about to rock, we salute you.

• 2 months later...

Why not naked?

Nature will touch your body with love.

Feel the power from this ancient force.

Lay down on grass field with some flowers, animals and trees around. 

They will tell you secrets of a world that you can't remember and you can't forget.

Be free to the unknown.

:luck:

• Like 1

I really want a cosmetic equipment slot so I can wear the awesome cultural clothing that was added in this game but still have decent stats.

Just this. Really. 2 cosmetic slots, for head & armor. And immedialty all clothing get a new use! We can already hide helmet, so why they didn't though about cosmetic slots?

• Like 1

I just wish we were able to 'enchant' the clothing (including the Dancer Outfits  :brows: ) with Fine/Exceptional/Superb qualities, like in PoE 1

Those Vaillian Frock Coats are so sexy.

They added the Dancer outfit to the game, which shockingly doesn't discriminate against male characters (which is VERY rare in gaming) and then... they don't add a "glamour"/"fashion slot"/whatever type of function to the game so you can use it... Very dissapointing.  :(

I still finished my first playthrough in the dancer outfit anyway... but yeah :p

PS: The 2 dancer outfits have mismatched icons and appearance. The leather pants one uses the skimpy one's icon and vice versa.

I have it on good authority that the Forgotten Sanctum DLC is going to have an insane set of robes. Don't want to spoil too much, but expect a full robe set of wand, off-hand, head, and robe. I think you will all be pleased.

• Like 18