Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I kill Eder on prologue ship! He dissapeared !

Eder character

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3061 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Well, Persok died, his soul was reincarnated, and now he's somebody(-thing) else. And with creatures like fampyrs, they're inhabiting *their own dead bodies*, so they're dead.

Devil of Caroc 1) Did not die and reincarnate, but simply had her soul transferred whole and entire 2) Is not currently in a dead body.

It's a question of what's more important to you being you, your body, your soul, or your mind. Persok has his soul, but not his body or his mind. Devil of Caroc has her soul and her mind, but not her body.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Indeed. The concrete existence of a soul in Eora makes the question more complicated. I'd tend to take the view that all vessels we meet (apart from Devil) are dead, since they take the form of classical undead or mindless automata* but Devil is a more complicated case certainly.

*Actually I'm not sure whether the throne lady of Caed Nua and the chief animancer in Defiance bay are vessels or not?

Katarack21

Katarack21

• Members
  • 3061 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Indeed. The concrete existence of a soul in Eora makes the question more complicated. I'd tend to take the view that all vessels we meet (apart from Devil) are dead, since they take the form of classical undead or mindless automata* but Devil is a more complicated case certainly.

*Actually I'm not sure whether the throne lady of Caed Nua and the chief animancer in Defiance bay are vessels or not?

Both of them are very clear that they've had their souls transferred into the container that currently houses said souls, so I'd say they are vessels, just of a different sort.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Both of them are very clear that they've had their souls transferred into the container that currently houses said souls, so I'd say they are vessels, just of a different sort.

Yeah, but then that kinda begs the question "what was so great about Galvino's creation of Devil?" The whole thing was that she wasn't a mindless automata, but neither are those two.

Katarack21

Katarack21

• Members
  • 3061 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Galvino's great success was supposedly in transferring a fully-intact soul to an artificial body with no loss of memory, intelligence, or personality. We don't really get to see what the Steward or the former Sanitarium leader were like prior to their soul transfer, but I would assume it came with some losses in those regards. You're right though, that could of been handled better in-game.

fgalkin

fgalkin

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Galvino's great success was supposedly in transferring a fully-intact soul to an artificial body with no loss of memory, intelligence, or personality. We don't really get to see what the Steward or the former Sanitarium leader were like prior to their soul transfer, but I would assume it came with some losses in those regards. You're right though, that could of been handled better in-game.

Also, the Steward was an adra statue- adra being the material for holding souls. So, it's fairly easy to transfer souls to adra, as the game shows you repeatedly. It's much harder to transfer souls to a metal construct and have them intact, as opposed to just some essence powering a metal robot (like the other construct). Possibly the only thing harder is to transfer them into another body- we know how THAT turned out. 

Edited by fgalkin, 23 May 2018 - 11:50 AM.

• JerekKruger likes this

Big-Ben

Big-Ben

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Steam:Big Ben
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I confess I find this pretty funny. Not in a "At your expense" sort of way but in a "Oh goodness the oversight" sort of way. Bugs are missed all the time and this one, at least in my opinion is pretty funny.

Edited by Big-Ben, 23 May 2018 - 02:01 PM.

Katarack21

Katarack21

• Members
  • 3061 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I confess I find this pretty funny. Not in a "At your expense" sort of way but in a "Oh goodness the oversight" sort of way. Bugs are missed all the time and this one, at least in my opinion is pretty funny.

I'm really not sure it's a bug. It seems legit to me; if Eder dies before he joins your party...he doesn't join your party.

• JerekKruger likes this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm really not sure it's a bug. It seems legit to me; if Eder dies before he joins your party...he doesn't join your party.

Agreed. It makes perfect sense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eder, character

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users