I kill Eder on prologue ship! He dissapeared !

I played as a wizard and accidentally kill eder in the first fight with fire spell ! When the ship wrecked and i regain consciousness at the beach ,eder is gone !! Is it a bug ? Because after fight he should be resurrected ?No?

He fell into the ocean and drowned.

That was something I was wondering if it was possible. As Éder isn't a part of your party before getting to the beach, I assume that if he dies in the first fight, then he is dead for good.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If it makes you feel any better, I came across Pellegina when I first entered Neketaka and she had some choice words for me. Needless to see, she never joined my party. I think it stems back to decisions I made in PoE. I never cared for her in that game, never used her in my party, and never completed her quest. Talk about holding grudges!

If it makes you feel any better, I came across Pellegina when I first entered Neketaka and she had some choice words for me. Needless to see, she never joined my party. I think it stems back to decisions I made in PoE. I never cared for her in that game, never used her in my party, and never completed her quest. Talk about holding grudges!

The same happened to me, but she still joined afterwards.

nvAeseu.png

He can die after being knocked out, yes. That's because he's not in your party yet. He's basically a NPC. And those don't fall unconscious when they are at 0 health - they die!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Chiputec... not always. ;)

Hah! Once I found out what's in the crate he always survived.

I always thought it might be might old trusted Outworn Buckler but have not had the heart to let him die yet.  I usually play good guy type Paladins lol.

Have gun will travel.

If it’s as designed - which I suspect it is, I applaud Obsidian for it.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I always thought it might be might old trusted Outworn Buckler but have not had the heart to let him die yet.

Don't worry, you're not missing out, it's just a pair of Helwaxed Legendary Bittercuts with Corrosive Lashes and Durgan steel enhancements. Nothing major :lol:

• Like 2

You killed him. He's dead now. Dead people don't join your party.

Devil was technically dead ;) Concelhaut too, though it's not clear whether he really joined your party.

No no no, Devil of Caroc was not dead, she was a construct. She never died, her mind was transferred *while she was still alive*. Theoretically her body wouldn't even have died after her soul left it, until it was killed by some outside force--witness both the Hollowborn, whose bodies are alive, and Berath's statement that your body is breathing and your heart pumping in the material world while your talking to her in the In-Between.

• Like 1

No no no, Devil of Caroc was not dead, she was a construct. She never died, her mind was transferred *while she was still alive*. Theoretically her body wouldn't even have died after her soul left it, until it was killed by some outside force--witness both the Hollowborn, whose bodies are alive, and Berath's statement that your body is breathing and your heart pumping in the material world while your talking to her in the In-Between.

I think this becomes a philosophical question about what being "dead" means in a world where your soul can, and often does, survive your body's destruction.

If we're going by what happened to her original physical body then I strongly suspect the villagers who wanted her executed didn't leave it intact after he soul was transferred, so she's almost certainly dead by those standards. If we're going by what happens to her soul after her physical body dies then a lot of people who are obviously dead in game aren't actually dead (Persok for example isn't dead, since his soul is fine and in another vessel).

• Like 1

Well, Persok died, his soul was reincarnated, and now he's somebody(-thing) else. And with creatures like fampyrs, they're inhabiting *their own dead bodies*, so they're dead.

Devil of Caroc 1) Did not die and reincarnate, but simply had her soul transferred whole and entire 2) Is not currently in a dead body.

It's a question of what's more important to you being you, your body, your soul, or your mind. Persok has his soul, but not his body or his mind. Devil of Caroc has her soul and her mind, but not her body.

Indeed. The concrete existence of a soul in Eora makes the question more complicated. I'd tend to take the view that all vessels we meet (apart from Devil) are dead, since they take the form of classical undead or mindless automata* but Devil is a more complicated case certainly.

*Actually I'm not sure whether the throne lady of Caed Nua and the chief animancer in Defiance bay are vessels or not?

Indeed. The concrete existence of a soul in Eora makes the question more complicated. I'd tend to take the view that all vessels we meet (apart from Devil) are dead, since they take the form of classical undead or mindless automata* but Devil is a more complicated case certainly.

*Actually I'm not sure whether the throne lady of Caed Nua and the chief animancer in Defiance bay are vessels or not?

Both of them are very clear that they've had their souls transferred into the container that currently houses said souls, so I'd say they are vessels, just of a different sort.

Both of them are very clear that they've had their souls transferred into the container that currently houses said souls, so I'd say they are vessels, just of a different sort.

Yeah, but then that kinda begs the question "what was so great about Galvino's creation of Devil?" The whole thing was that she wasn't a mindless automata, but neither are those two.

Galvino's great success was supposedly in transferring a fully-intact soul to an artificial body with no loss of memory, intelligence, or personality. We don't really get to see what the Steward or the former Sanitarium leader were like prior to their soul transfer, but I would assume it came with some losses in those regards. You're right though, that could of been handled better in-game.