[New Patch] Any updates?

Sidushi

Question

11 answers to this question

New Backer Update says Next UPdate 1.1 will come with DOZENS of fixes Early June And With the Release of the Rum Runners Pack there will be come all 2 weeks a free DLC.

Quote:

The team at Obsidian is very proud of the reception that Deadfire is getting from the community, and we love reading and hearing your personal experiences as you explore the Deadfire for the first time. I would like to share what's in store for you in Pillars II over the next several months, including free content and new features!

The first large update for Deadfire will be launching in early June - Patch 1.1. This update contains hundreds of fixes and refinements based upon our internal testing and all the great feedback we have been getting.

Included in Patch 1.1 is a complete overhaul of Veteran and Path of the Damned difficulties. You'll find more enemies per encounter and with new level scaling adjustments the game should be much more challenging. Let us know what you think on the forums - this will be an ongoing process based on community feedback. Secondly, for players who want to play the game for a second (or third!) time, we are adding an option to skip the introduction and jump straight into the second scene. This option will be available on the new game screen and will not require any Berath's Blessings points to activate. Lastly, the team is also adding new cosmetic options for player customization with the ability to change character appearance at any time.

While our programmers get Patch 1.1 ready, some of our artists and designers have had some time on their hands. They've put together the first of several free DLCs for Deadfire, "Rum Runner's Pack" which is coming out today. This pack features Mirke, a new Sidekick, along with a drunken personality idle animation and new alcoholic drinks. We will be releasing even more free DLC over the next few months that will add more items, ship upgrades, crew members, and appearance options. Look for the next free DLC to be available two weeks from now.

Edited by Glurak

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

I read somewhere that it is probably going out early June.

I hope they will fix some real stuff now. Beginning with respec. But there wasn't any info and I don't think there will be any before patch release.

That sucks, I really can't play the game at the current stage and have to wait even longer. It sucks they released it in a first place with so many bugs.

• Like 5

I read somewhere that it is probably going out early June.

I hope they will fix some real stuff now. Beginning with respec. But there wasn't any info and I don't think there will be any before patch release.

That sucks, I really can't play the game at the current stage and have to wait even longer. It sucks they released it in a first place with so many bugs.

Obsidian + Large open-world RPG + Unity engine = Unavoidable disaster

• Like 2

There is an amazing interview with Josh Sawyer from 5/23/18 on twitch's Gamasutra.  Check it out.

I was glad they did the interview but it was full of softball questions I thought.  I did enjoy it but wish they would have asked some additional questions around problems people are having, issues and things they are working on to address them. 

I can't play even though I would really love to. My savegames stoped working after the last update. No response from the dev for over a week <3 I was just amazed how they replied last week to all those ****ty threads like 'two pixels are dark' and not to a critical, breaking progress bugz. I'm disappointed to the very bone....

Edited by Dana
  • Like 2