Ship-to-ship combat performance issues?

algroth

Question

Hey guys! I'm sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I didn't see a thread about it and thought I should bring it up since it seems weird to me... But whilst the game has been running pretty smoothly for the most part in my PC, I've noticed that the ship-to-ship combat sequences have been advancing increasingly slower, and today have threatened my game to stop working altogether a few times. I don't know if this has been happening to anyone else, but I've been noticing freezes and "thinking" up to a minute following every jibe or turn action I've been making, and probably elsewhere too. It seems strange to me as the game has run fine in some of the most demanding areas in the game like Queen's Berth and so on, and it would seem to be that a scripted interaction, if a fairly unique one at that, would be performing as poorly in comparison. Has anyone else been experiencing these issues?

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

2 answers to this question

Hey guys! I'm sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I didn't see a thread about it and thought I should bring it up since it seems weird to me... But whilst the game has been running pretty smoothly for the most part in my PC, I've noticed that the ship-to-ship combat sequences have been advancing increasingly slower, and today have threatened my game to stop working altogether a few times. I don't know if this has been happening to anyone else, but I've been noticing freezes and "thinking" up to a minute following every jibe or turn action I've been making, and probably elsewhere too. It seems strange to me as the game has run fine in some of the most demanding areas in the game like Queen's Berth and so on, and it would seem to be that a scripted interaction, if a fairly unique one at that, would be performing as poorly in comparison. Has anyone else been experiencing these issues?

I have gotten the same issue as I progressed through the game, ship combat was stuttering and very slow.

Greetings,

And thank you for taking the time notifying us of this :) At this time our Development team is aware of the drop in fps and the random concessional stuttering effecting our players. We are in the process of implementing a fix ASAP :) On the flip-side we do have a work around that was presented by the community:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/100913-ive-finally-found-a-way-to-stabilize-framerate-and-stutter/

Should you have any additional questions let us know.

Cheers.