[Announce] Priest of Rymrgand

> - the Miss to Graze ability you mentioned, did you mean Graze to Miss? You mentioned making him seem more survivable I didn't quite understand 

No, I mean *your* Misses get upgraded to Grazes. The idea is as you get closer to being knocked out, you'll end up being slightly more effective at potentially finishing an enemy off before it finishes you off.

> - how is the frost Holy Radiance AoE working out? I would think vessel only damage would make it worse since many have greater damage resistance to that type than they do to fire do they not? Maybe this could be balanced and made useful by making it vs. all enemies?

Seems fine so far. I still need to playtest more, so nothing is really set in stone yet.

What I'm thinking about now is that it's a bit cheesy having another healer in your party as a crutch, so I think another passive like % less healing received / % something positive might be in order. I need to think about that more.

> here if you want i have translated it to italian

Thanks! I appreciate that a lot. There will be potentially some text changes coming to the mod, so I won't incorporate it just yet until I change that text. I wouldn't want to have any text missing in the translations. Do you mind if I PM you once that happens for an updated translation?

> here if you want i have translated it to italian

Thanks! I appreciate that a lot. There will be potentially some text changes coming to the mod, so I won't incorporate it just yet until I change that text. I wouldn't want to have any text missing in the translations. Do you mind if I PM you once that happens for an updated translation?

Sure PM me if you need some strings translated before the update

Edited by kilay

Also since the game seems to use the directory mod name in the UI, I've cleaned that up too. Once I hear how to make the mod metadata show up in the UI properly I'll update it again.

If you didn't see it, this thread shows how to provide UI information for the mod.

• Like 1

just to point out a little bug encountered using your mod , in character creation sometime after you click the preview ability tree of Rymgard Priest all the other priests result to have the subclass bonus spell  of Priest of Rymgard or whatever that happens in other priest subclasses modded (Hylea and Abydon).

So probably your Rymgard mod and the ones about priests maded by @NocturnalTrance have some compatibility issue.

I've tried to rearrange them in different order but wihout a good result

Btw it's just a graphical glitch , the abilities are assigned in the  right way, but for a player that have to level a character could be a little confusing

If you need i can upload a video.

I think you can fix it structuring your mod in the same way  of NocturnalTrance

Edited by kilay

just to point out a little bug encountered using your mod , in character creation sometime after you click the preview ability tree of Rymgard Priest all the other priests result to have the subclass bonus spell  of Priest of Rymgard or whatever that happens in other priest subclasses modded (Hylea and Abydon).

So probably your Rymgard mod and the ones about priests maded by @NocturnalTrance have some compatibility issue.

I've tried to rearrange them in different order but wihout a good result

Btw it's just a graphical glitch , the abilities are assigned in the  right way, but for a player that have to level a character could be a little confusing

If you need i can upload a video.

I think you can fix it structuring your mod in the same way  of NocturnalTrance

Yea it's a bug we noticed this week. Seems that the way the game handles progression tables it allows only one file to overide the progression tables of the vanilla game, it doesn't add the new progression table directions, merely overrides them. A way to fix this would be to have a shared progression table override .gamedatabundle file, one that has the auto grant and the general abilities of all, priest of Hylea, Abydon and Rymrgand into a single progression table. I haven't gotten around to making such a fix since I have focused my time developing the Priest of Ondra. My mods Priest of Hylea and priest of Abydon were made compatible using the aforementioned fix with no resulting issues.

Edit: Any mods that change the priest progression table without being made compatible will have the same effect, for example PoE tweeks. All classes unlocked works great with these mods since the subclasses unlocked were already in the vanilla progression table. 

Edited by NocturnalTrance
  • Like 1

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

Thanks for finding these issues out. I'm going to look into this and make some other changes once my personal life settles down a bit and I get some free time, since I have none right now ;)

No worries, the fix I found for now is to just copy part of the Progression table for Priest of Rymrgand (Auto grant and unlock abilities) into my progression tables and just load my mods after yours. It works great and my "More Priest Subclasses" package is now compatible with the Priest of Rymrgand mod. :}

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

• 3 weeks later...

Normally since a new patch goes live, I'd update the mod ASAP (especially since it doesn't take very long to do), but since Beast of Winter goes live today, this'll be a little different, since I'm going to treat myself to playing the DLC before I update the mod ;)

Especially since BoW introduces a Priest of Rymrgand itself, I've been thinking about how to deal with this. Given that I don't know if the subclass is playable, I think I'm going to plan on releasing two versions of the mod: 1) the mod as-is today, for people who don't want to buy the DLC but still want the subclass, and 2) tweaking the mod such that you can either play the DLC subclass as designed _or_ my subclass.

Well, the plan will become clearer once I stick my nose in the files!