[Announce] Priest of Rymrgand

As a Rymrgand devotee, I couldn't help but make this mod. Many thanks to Obsidian for making this quick and easy to put together.

Priests of Rymrgand have fun ice and frost spells borrowed from Wizards and Druids, as well as a few decay spells thrown in, but the kicker is they do NOT have access to healing and fire spells as that would obviously be anathema to Rymrgand. This might make Rymrgand priests a little wacky to play, and I haven't playtested this personally, but I hope to get some play testing in and update as time goes on.

The mod is attached to this post, or you can get it at Nexus:

Edited by ydaraishy
  • Like 11

This looks very cool. If I can make one suggestion, the inability to cast healing spells seems like a really severe penalty and I think it might be good to offset it with a buff to the offensive spells of the class? I'm not sure if you'd be able to add a power bonus to decay or offensive spells but that would be appropriate to make them a more spell damage based caster build.

Ha, I just threw a post up with a concern for this... I don't completely agree with the cut off from healing, they don't debuff any of the other sub classes, the choice really comes from what spells you pick after the one's you get based on your god, I do believe the bonus spells shouldn't have any revive/buff/healing involved, and should be focused on possible CC/Ice Damage/Debuffing. as well as the favored weapon being something along the lines of an axe (hacket/battle/two handed) or spear (one handed or pike) that has scaling cold damage give the theme of death, or the winter theme that comes from the white that wends aka pale elf land

Thanks for the feedback, all!

I'm working on getting some more buffs and damage increases to further offset things and make the subclass a bit more unique. 

Firstly I'm going to be focusing on giving back Holy Radiance with Freeze instead of Burn and replacing the heal status effect with something else. More to follow.

I'm curious how you got the subclass to show? I added a subclass myself to an override, but it never seems to appear in the list.

{
  "GameDataObjects": [
    {
      "$type": "Game.GameData.CharacterSubClassGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
      "DebugName": "Barbarian_BerserkerClone",
      "ID": "e062164b-8db9-4d38-9a66-d535ff9a2396",
      "Components": [
        {
          "$type": "Game.GameData.CharacterSubClassComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
          "DisplayName": 1,
          "SummaryText": 1,
          "DescriptionText": 1,
          "ForClassID": "825817d4-1fb0-4e5c-bf84-473743ad98de",
          "HideInCharacterCreation": "false",
          "Subclass": "Barbarian_BerserkerClone"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Want to play a dragon in Deadfire?

Try my subclass mod here!
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/76

Definitely looks interesting. What picks did you make for favoured/disfavoured dispositions?

Stoic and Rational are favored, Passionate and Benevolent are disfavored. 

I'm curious how you got the subclass to show? I added a subclass myself to an override, but it never seems to appear in the list.

See the other thread I wrote asking about this. The game is choking on that Subclass field there and rejecting the bundle. Don't forget to check the game logs when you don't see expected results.

Edited by ydaraishy
  • Like 2

I feel like, if they lose out on healing spells, they need a little something extra to compensate - maybe place some of their bonus spells at lower-than-normal levels, or give them access to some extra corrode/raw/health-stealing spells as normal picks?

Whatever the case, they should definitely get Ninagauth's Shadowflame. It's just so appropriate.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

See the other thread I wrote asking about this. The game is choking on that Subclass field there and rejecting the bundle. Don't forget to check the game logs when you don't see expected results.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I'll give it a go thanks!

Edited by BalkothTheFeared

Want to play a dragon in Deadfire?

Try my subclass mod here!
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/76

i see you made your special holy radiance, but does it only apply to vessels or does it apply to every enemy?

The damage component exactly the same as the other Holy Radiance except for damage type. Was I less than precise in the stringtable change? I'll check it and and fix tonight if so.

edit: It only applies to vessels; the abilities stringtable is correct.

Edited by ydaraishy

edit: It only applies to vessels; the abilities stringtable is correct.

hm i feel like it should work for everything instead since the whole goal is being a priest that brings cold death to all

Edited by TKDancer

It's a good argument. I'll have a think about it, and maybe come back to tweaking that. Right now I want to work in some item-specific stuff, maybe sneak in a unique and a lore item somewhere. 

ed. oh, and make sure everything is happy with 1.1...

Edited by ydaraishy

I'd like to add the spirit lance to the cipher class. you seem to know what you are doing, could you explain the process to me, or point me in the way to a guide, thanks.

You want to create a copy of the Spirit Lance GenericAbility and make sure you create the necessary unlocks in the Cipher progressiontable.

I still want to post the code used to generate this Priest subclass, but I haven't had the time and I'm still refining it. Suffice it to say it uses jq to perform a lot of the transformations that would be otherwise tedious to do by hand.

• Like 1

I'd like to add the spirit lance to the cipher class. you seem to know what you are doing, could you explain the process to me, or point me in the way to a guide, thanks.

You want to create a copy of the Spirit Lance GenericAbility and make sure you create the necessary unlocks in the Cipher progressiontable.

I still want to post the code used to generate this Priest subclass, but I haven't had the time and I'm still refining it. Suffice it to say it uses jq to perform a lot of the transformations that would be otherwise tedious to do by hand.

I made this account to post on this thread so I dont have too many posts. I took a look at the mod file, and doing it manually seems abit tedious indeed. jq? i dont know what that is but currently im trying to create some abilities in the "spiritual succesor" modding tool.

I dont know if "spiritual sucesssor" can actually do this but im trying to swap out certaina abilities for other ones. could anyone maybe help me out or point me towards a guide? im real new to this.

I dont know if "spiritual sucesssor" can actually do this but im trying to swap out certaina abilities for other ones. could anyone maybe help me out or point me towards a guide? im real new to this.

Try asking on the other thread? I don't use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with a new passive ability, which gives a dynamic (modified by Deity reputations)  20% Misses to Grazes when your health is less than 50%. The goal is to make yourself a little more survivable when you're hurt, and also feel like an appropriate combat prayer/blessing for Rymrgand. 

I haven't playtested this too much, so this may be tweaked in future. 

• 2 weeks later...

Updated for 1.2. Also since the game seems to use the directory mod name in the UI, I've cleaned that up too. Once I hear how to make the mod metadata show up in the UI properly I'll update it again.

Finally fixed the autogrant subclass appearance in the UI.

Let me know if there are any compatibility or other issues!

Edited by ydaraishy

Looks great! Few questions:

- the Miss to Graze ability you mentioned, did you mean Graze to Miss? You mentioned making him seem more survivable I didn't quite understand

- how is the frost Holy Radiance AoE working out? I would think vessel only damage would make it worse since many have greater damage resistance to that type than they do to fire do they not? Maybe this could be balanced and made useful by making it vs. all enemies?

I'm okay with no healing actually as long as the bonuses are equal, although I can see how that could easily become OP :)