Exploring Nekataka for the first time

I... I love this. So much better then the city in POE1. I find myself wandering and just reading and talking to people. I do not feel rushed to complete some fetch quests to get the next fight going. However I put so much time into POE1 maybe this shine will wear off. Either way... Too happy. 

• Like 13

It is most impressive. The questing has not gotten dull for me yet in that city. Originally, I had wanted to complete the whole city in one go, but after finding out this is the only major city in the game, I've explored one section at a time, then gone out to sea, completed bounties, quests, and generally explored more of the Deadfire. Neketaka has become almost like a hub for me. More so than my ship.

I will say, I really, really loved Defiance Bay in PoE. Copper Lane was a huge map! Once I finish up Neketaka, I'll have a better idea which city I preferred.

• Like 1

I thought it was remarkable in the sense that it feels like your standard mega city in an RPG but it's more than that. Each district is wholly unique yes, but they all come together to feel like a believable city. Class, status personality all come together to make quite a place.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

So I've been watching a ton of critical role, started playing dnd 5e thanks to roll20 (I'm old school so this tool is fricken amazing for me) albeit its just once every two weeks. *sighs whistfully* if only it could be more. But yeah right now im so engrassed and I love it. My mmo has fallen completely to the wayside and I'm happy for it. 

Sidenote, I would fricken love a Eora Campaign in 5e. 

PS The plethora of magical wares available upon visiting Nekataka make me wish I was a better theory crafter. Can't wait till Boeroer makes some odd lore friendly creations like he did in POE1. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

That first rush of exploration is great. Better than ripple sponge. Eventually it wears off, but boy is it fun while it lasts and there is still fresh content to be wowed by. And there are many wow moments in this game.

• Like 6

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

So I've been watching a ton of critical role, started playing dnd 5e thanks to roll20 (I'm old school so this tool is fricken amazing for me) albeit its just once every two weeks. *sighs whistfully* if only it could be more. But yeah right now im so engrassed and I love it. My mmo has fallen completely to the wayside and I'm happy for it. 

Sidenote, I would fricken love a Eora Campaign in 5e. 

PS The plethora of magical wares available upon visiting Nekataka make me wish I was a better theory crafter. Can't wait till Boeroer makes some odd lore friendly creations like he did in POE1. 

So, not sure if you are aware, but Josh is making a pen and paper PoE roleplaying game. Not sure how the rules will be compared to D&D, but I'm sure it will be very similar. Can't wait to get my minis to paint! It's been a few years since I dabbled in the mini painting...

Neketaka is great, definately a lot better than Defiance Bay (a big let down). Only problem the loading for me. It takes forever to load any screen in Neketaka to the point it makes me either leave the city to wander round or just quit my session :/