Two major progression stopping issues with the Wahaki tribe.

Wagrid

Question

I'm having several major progression issues related to the Wahaki tribe. Queen Onekaza won't give me the quest. Even if I go to the Wahaki Ranga and inform her that I've dealt with the Crookspur slavers (which registers the quest 'Cruel Cargo' as complete in my journal) I still have no option to follow up with Onekaza. This effectively locks me out of completing the main quest with the Huana.

In addition to this, Aloth's personal quest is broken. In the first conversation with Ruasare I have no option to read her soul and all she wants to talk about is the slavers. As soon as I inform her that I've dealt with the slavers she gets angry at me (as the Royal Deadfire Company moved into Crookspur) and I can no longer enter conversation with her.

So, essentially, I'm locked out of completing Aloth's quest and locked out of the faction I've been angling towards the entire game. It's very frustrating because I dealt with Crookspur slavers hours ago completely outside the framework of any of the faction quests - I just killed them for their stuff. This all seems like a pretty enormous oversight in an otherwise great game.

I have uploaded my saved game here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zWbeyGfx27b2wQfGg-dKoCb5lMM71nrc if that is of any help.

Edited by Wagrid

6 answers to this question

I keep waiting on a fix for this too. My first playthrough, I want to side with the Huana. Because of the bug, I stopped that and started a new game. Now I have a game ending bug at Poko Kohara that keeps crashing. At this rate, I'll never be able to finish the game. :C

Yeah, I've also ended up starting a new game. I feel like I've seen so many posts regarding the quest to ally with the Wahaki being broken, either in terms of how you progress the Huana quest line, or how it impacts Aloth's quest.

Crookspur specifically seems to be causing a lot of weirdness. I wish as soon as you got your first quest sending you there all the faction leaders sent you letters. A little immersion breaking, sure, but better than having to abandon a save 50 hours in.

The Huana quest line in general seems a little off. The prince never gave me that first quest, skipping straight to his second, treasure hunt quest. I got access to Onekaza's quests before completing that one. Now this has happened. It seems odd because everything about the Huana faction quest line screams 'the one most players will do'.

I keep waiting on a fix for this too. My first playthrough, I want to side with the Huana. Because of the bug, I stopped that and started a new game. Now I have a game ending bug at Poko Kohara that keeps crashing. At this rate, I'll never be able to finish the game. :C

I have very good news. The dialogue debugging tool in this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2?tab=description) fixes the issue. You'll need to be careful what you're picking, but it should get your playthrough back on the rails.

I have very good news. The dialogue debugging tool in this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2?tab=description) fixes the issue. You'll need to be careful what you're picking, but it should get your playthrough back on the rails.

excellent, thank you that worked

when it gets to the point of where you say "i've already dealt with them", turn on dialogue debug and pick the option below that along the lines of "i'll kill them all"