Soul Annihilation+ Whispers of the Endless Paths=Broken

For example Wishper of Endless Path has 15-25 dmg, while one sabre has 23-34 (both weapons are Superb, no dmg increase talents, only pen from Devoted). Sanguine Great Sword looks better= 33-44 damage. Here Auto Attack on 0 recovery would be better, but still lose vs dual wield Full Attacks.

You forget that this is only the first, single target attack damage. It does the same damage again, at least to the primary target, and possibly to 2-3 more in the aoe. And it also applies all ability effects in the aoe, since the aoe is a full attack.

Edited by M4xw0lf
  • Like 3

That's cool and probably the only good thing about going for that greatsword instead of dw. :)

You mean, other than the stacking boost to recovery on hit, up to -20% recovery, so it eventually matches dual wield-recovery rates while being able to attack multiple opponents? ;)

That sword is the best weapon in the game, bar none. And you can get it for 3000 gold as soon as you reach Neketaka. It's insane. 

Um, with DW of sabers you can get full attacks out of Charge or Cleave or anything else that has Full Attack. Two-handed sword (yours) on my level deals around 60-75 cirt on full attack. While my dual sabers crit 70-80 each so when I do full attack or charge that is 140-160 dmg total.

Dual wield is not about DPS, it's about burst with Full Attack abilities.

And -20% recovery? I have no recovery after 1-2 charges :D when my one sabre proc or if not I still have -40-90%

It's also better to dual wield because you can stack two effects. For example my one sabre stacks Crit Chance 2% each hit while my other stack accuracy 3% per hit, giving both weapons effects. Or one weapon can make you immune to flanking, while second one boost melee dmg 5% per one target attacking you. And other great combos

Dual Wield > Two-handed just because of that. Also dmg is higher on most melee abilities because they are Full Attack.

I agree that in terms of auto-attack when we have 0 recovery Twohanded>Dual wield. But not by much

But if we talk about 0 recovery + Full Attack abilities like Penetrating Strike, Charge, FOD, Cleae etc. Dual Wield >> Two-handed as they always hit twice and sadly two-handed weapons do not really have damage advantage :/, which is my big grip in game.

For example Wishper of Endless Path has 15-25 dmg, while one sabre has 23-34 (both weapons are Superb, no dmg increase talents, only pen from Devoted). Sanguine Great Sword looks better= 33-44 damage. Here Auto Attack on 0 recovery would be better, but still lose vs dual wield Full Attacks.

On a class without full attacks, whispers should largely come out on top, thanks to the cone attack.

It is the abundance of full attacks that make dual wield so dominant. In my opinion full attacks with both weapons should yield diminished damage (maybe -30% on each strike or even -40% ?). Dual wield would still benefit from increase recovery and two potential procs of on hit effects, and this would give two handed some relative increased damage.

Full attacks dual wield are just too strong in the current state of the game.

• Like 2

What are you saying? My favorite spell ( Spirit Lance ) is working with Soul Annihilation?

Elaborate please! :w00t:

The Spirit Lance works in the same way as Carnage in the first game: It applies all on-hit effects to its AoE.

If you use Soul Annihilation with Citzal's Spirit Lance, the damage from the ability will affect all creatures caught in the lance's AoE, and it will generate Focus from the damage inflicted on all said creatures.

It's just one of many possible cheesy uses of Citzal's Spirit Lance.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What are you saying? My favorite spell ( Spirit Lance ) is working with Soul Annihilation?

The Spirit Lance works in the same way as Carnage in the first game: It applies all on-hit effects to its AoE.

If you use Soul Annihilation with Citzal's Spirit Lance, the damage from the ability will affect all creatures caught in the lance's AoE, and it will generate Focus from the damage inflicted on all said creatures.

This brightens things up.. so i just have to take a class with good on-hit effects and my spirit lance would be viable for my PotD run?

Are there any other good on-hit spells which would apply here, from other classes?

This brightens things up.. so i just have to take a class with good on-hit effects and my spirit lance would be viable for my PotD run?

Are there any other good on-hit spells which would apply here, from other classes?

Maybe use Monk stunning attack as it will stun in AOE.

Rogue shadow step only work with main target tho. (Among the very few nerf they did in beta)

That's cool and probably the only good thing about going for that greatsword instead of dw. :)

You mean, other than the stacking boost to recovery on hit, up to -20% recovery, so it eventually matches dual wield-recovery rates while being able to attack multiple opponents? ;)

That sword is the best weapon in the game, bar none. And you can get it for 3000 gold as soon as you reach Neketaka. It's insane. 

It's still bugged afaik, so you can only get it if you put it in your game yourself. I'll just wait, my current character is a devoted fighter with longswords anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it really isnt bugged tho.  Are you supposed to get the sword fragments if you forged the sword in the first game or if you left the parts you found from PoE1?  Because if you choose in generator you did not reforge the sword the parts are present on your ship.

Ive tried three different self made PoE 1 savestates every savestate I choose i didnt reforge the wep I have the sword parts on the ship

It's still bugged afaik, so you can only get it if you put it in your game yourself. I'll just wait, my current character is a devoted fighter with longswords anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it really isnt bugged tho.  Are you supposed to get the sword fragments if you forged the sword in the first game or if you left the parts you found from PoE1?  Because if you choose in generator you did not reforge the sword the parts are present on your ship.

Ive tried three different self made PoE 1 savestates every savestate I choose i didnt reforge the wep I have the sword parts on the ship

That's the bug. In my PoE1 game, I reforged the sword, and the fragments were there. The swords are in pieces because Eothas broke them, if you hadn't reforged them, the games assumes they're still in the Endless Paths somewhere (except there are no more Endless Paths now). 

I tried Cipher for only a couple of lvls in this game. They do not feel as fun as they were in the first game. Casting times in general is too long for what they actually produce. Also enemies completely ignoring charmed targets now (as it seemed to me) makes charm feel even less appealing.

I agree most cipher powers take too long to cast and are useless for a melee character, but you can't underestimate the usefulness of a Whisper of Treason for a cheap distraction, and Borrowed Instinct is a great buff that only takes .5 sec to cast.

The passive concentration gain on kill for Soul Blades can also make your character an uninterruptable juggernaut by charging through the frontliners at the beginning of the fight to get focus + stack on-hit item enchants, buff with Borrowed Instinct/Body Attunement if necessary, and use this cheaply gotten focus to annihilate the squishy backliners and stack concentration, then beat down the now wounded and unsupported frontliners.

• Like 1