Soul Annihilation+ Whispers of the Endless Paths=Broken

So, apparently, Whispers of the Endless Paths applies Soul Annihilation to every single target in the AOE cone, but also gives focus backs from the attacks after the first. At level 8, my Psyblade was able to one-shot three pirates in a single hit and still get  50 focus back? 

I'm not sure if it's an actual bug or working as intended, but it's insanely overpowered right now. For a melee cipher, there is absolutely no reason to use anything else. 

post-87640-0-73284500-1527009902_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So, apparently, Whispers of the Endless Paths applies Soul Annihilation to every single target in the AOE cone, but also gives focus backs from the attacks after the first. At level 8, my Psyblade was able to one-shot three pirates in a single hit and still get  50 focus back? 

I'm not sure if it's an actual bug or working as intended, but it's insanely overpowered right now. For a melee cipher, there is absolutely no reason to use anything else. 

Shhhhh, will you be quiet already?

Nothing to see here, dear devs, no nerf required at all. :ninja:

Edited by M4xw0lf
  • Like 3

and Cipher worst class I would run that!

Why keep people saying that? Casting times of many powers got reduced a lot. Focus generation got buffed. Ascendant is crazy good, Soul Blade is good. Beguiler can be very useful.

Cipher still has Whisper of Treason at lvl 1. That alone makes that class good.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I love soul blade so much that I can't ever see me play a character without that class in it. :geek:

Started anew as a Shattered Pillar/Soulblade now, but I can't see it replacing Witch as my favorite.

Edited by M4xw0lf
  • Like 1

and Cipher worst class I would run that!

Why keep people saying that? Casting times of many powers got reduced a lot. Focus generation got buffed. Ascendant is crazy good, Soul Blade is good. Beguiler can be very useful.

Cipher still has Whisper of Treason at lvl 1. That alone makes that class good.

I think people like big numbers so they glorify classes/mc that do one shots and ditch utility classes.

Cipher (no subclass) can win a fight in one cast of Ring Leader,

At lvl 10 you can cast it with your starting focus if you picked the appropriate passives.

I tried Cipher for only a couple of lvls in this game. They do not feel as fun as they were in the first game. Casting times in general is too long for what they actually produce. Also enemies completely ignoring charmed targets now (as it seemed to me) makes charm feel even less appealing.

So basically they nerfed Barb Carnage to abyss but create a new old-style Carnage for everyone?!

On one sword, that is only available under certain POE1 circumstances and choices.

And that would not be the only item with a broken mechanic.

That's cool and probably the only good thing about going for that greatsword instead of dw. :)

You mean, other than the stacking boost to recovery on hit, up to -20% recovery, so it eventually matches dual wield-recovery rates while being able to attack multiple opponents? ;)

That sword is the best weapon in the game, bar none. And you can get it for 3000 gold as soon as you reach Neketaka. It's insane. 

Edited by fgalkin
  • Like 1

That's cool and probably the only good thing about going for that greatsword instead of dw. :)

You mean, other than the stacking boost to recovery on hit, up to -20% recovery, so it eventually matches dual wield-recovery rates while being able to attack multiple opponents? ;)

That sword is the best weapon in the game, bar none. And you can get it for 3000 gold as soon as you reach Neketaka. It's insane. 

It's still bugged afaik, so you can only get it if you put it in your game yourself. I'll just wait, my current character is a devoted fighter with longswords anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

It's still bugged afaik, so you can only get it if you put it in your game yourself. I'll just wait, my current character is a devoted fighter with longswords anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nope, it's there if you import a PoE1 save file. It's only bugged if you use the story generator. I've never had any problems getting it. 

• Like 1

Nope, it's there if you import a PoE1 save file. It's only bugged if you use the story generator. I've never had any problems getting it. 

Same.

• Like 2

That's amazing.

Also curse you. I just finished my dw devoted/soulblade, and am in the middle of my evoker wizard run, but you made me want to start a new devoted/soublade, despite me already having a berserker/bleakwalker planned...

I love soul blade so much that I can't ever see me play a character without that class in it. :geek:

Started anew as a Shattered Pillar/Soulblade now, but I can't see it replacing Witch as my favorite.

isn't wtich really squishy?

Quite. But atm the game is really easy, so it's absolutely no problem after early game when the party wide buffs from Paladin auras and Chanter chants kick in.

I tried Cipher for only a couple of lvls in this game. They do not feel as fun as they were in the first game. Casting times in general is too long for what they actually produce. Also enemies completely ignoring charmed targets now (as it seemed to me) makes charm feel even less appealing.

It's still very useful for taking a powerful opponent out of the fight. I've just been going through Arkemyr's mansion, and thanks to Whisper of Treason, instead of fighting 3 Iron Constructs at once, I was fighting one, while the other two stood around like idiots occasionally helping me by throwing a punch at the  construct I was ganging up on

my problem is just that all the casters - especially if you multiclass them - have such a low chance to affect anything with debuffs on potd its no fun

Invest in Alchemy and buy/craft Deadeye drugs. Solves everyones ACC problem =) There are gloves and belt with +2 Alchemy on em as well so its easy to get high values. Dead gives me almost 20+ Acc for nearly 600sec with around 12 points in Alchemy. (not 100% sure what my actual Alc skill is at and im at work so cant check)

It's still very useful for taking a powerful opponent out of the fight. I've just been going through Arkemyr's mansion, and thanks to Whisper of Treason, instead of fighting 3 Iron Constructs at once, I was fighting one, while the other two stood around like idiots occasionally helping me by throwing a punch at the  construct I was ganging up on

Instead of fighting 3 Iron Contructs at once in Arkemyrs i fought none ;)

But yeah i hear ya. =)

Instead of fighting 3 Iron Contructs at once in Arkemyrs i fought none ;)

But yeah i hear ya. =)

but lying is bad!  :no:

Um, with DW of sabers you can get full attacks out of Charge or Cleave or anything else that has Full Attack. Two-handed sword (yours) on my level deals around 60-75 cirt on full attack. While my dual sabers crit 70-80 each so when I do full attack or charge that is 140-160 dmg total.

Dual wield is not about DPS, it's about burst with Full Attack abilities.

And -20% recovery? I have no recovery after 1-2 charges :D when my one sabre proc or if not I still have -40-90%

It's also better to dual wield because you can stack two effects. For example my one sabre stacks Crit Chance 2% each hit while my other stack accuracy 3% per hit, giving both weapons effects. Or one weapon can make you immune to flanking, while second one boost melee dmg 5% per one target attacking you. And other great combos

Dual Wield > Two-handed just because of that. Also dmg is higher on most melee abilities because they are Full Attack.

I agree that in terms of auto-attack when we have 0 recovery Twohanded>Dual wield. But not by much

But if we talk about 0 recovery + Full Attack abilities like Penetrating Strike, Charge, FOD, Cleae etc. Dual Wield >> Two-handed as they always hit twice and sadly two-handed weapons do not really have damage advantage :/, which is my big grip in game.

For example Wishper of Endless Path has 15-25 dmg, while one sabre has 23-34 (both weapons are Superb, no dmg increase talents, only pen from Devoted). Sanguine Great Sword looks better= 33-44 damage. Here Auto Attack on 0 recovery would be better, but still lose vs dual wield Full Attacks.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1