What is your recipe for fastest ship combat?

One option is to ram everything, deck fight generally doesnt takes longer than 1 min. And the loot is good.

I was trying Dhow with Long Imperials, but it seems taking long, and you may be less lucky than enemy.

I was thinking about dualbarrels. Swimming up close. But that is giving enemies some free shots.

Ideas?

my issue is with the wyrmtongues that if you get closer than around 150m they will either try to feel or try to board you...

honestly, my fastest way to win ship combats is just to charge the ship, board it and have the battle autoresolve while i get a glass of water

Full sail x5>board is always an option.

When the deck battle isn't winnable (those triple red skulls), I am using:

Sloop: 4 imperial bronzers at long range: Fire>Jibe>hold>Fire>Jibe>hold>Fire>repeat

Dhow: 6 double bronzers at mid range: Fire>Jibe(x2)>hold>Fire>repeat

Sloop required a few reloads on very heavy ships. Dhow downed any ship without trouble.

• Like 2

my issue is with the wyrmtongues that if you get closer than around 150m they will either try to feel or try to board you...

honestly, my fastest way to win ship combats is just to charge the ship, board it and have the battle autoresolve while i get a glass of water

That’s why I injure the above deck crew beforehand. Typically the ai switches the helmsman to replace the deck which makes them unable to move or act quickly.

• Like 1

Junk with 3 double bronzers and 2 long guns on each side. Close to 350, taking some minor damage on the way. Then cut loose. Most fights don't last more than 2 rounds. From what I can see, you will actually take less damage this way, and it's kinda fun and doesn't take all day.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  2

This... For those that don't understand the reference, 1 = full speed ahead / full sails... 2 = board the enemy ship. This differs from the initial "close to board" option you get presented with where you will take a crap tonne of damage to ship + crew. If you just enter ship combat normally, then spam 1 until you <= 100m and hit 2 to enter normal combat you barely take any damage at all. I basically do this, enter normal combat with the opposing crew and go put the kettle on while my party murders the opposition on Scaled Up Only PotD (AKA Story Mode) difficulty.

I'm using a Junk with one wormtongue on each side and the rest double bronzers and the cannon from white march. Close to 250-350 and fire, jibe, hold, fire, jibe hold, fire .... The wormtongues seem to start fires and the double bronzers wreck ****. Two or three volleys and its all gone.