[Bug] You can get Engoliero do Espiers twice

Murklight

Question

First visit to Sacred Stair in Neketaka, I completed the quest Eulogy for the Dead, encountering Yseyr the Barbarian. I can't remember how, but I got Engoliero do Espiers (maybe I stole it?), and left Yseyr alive.

Progressed through the game some more and in Dunnage I got some dialogue with Captain Furrante about the history behind Yseyr and Lucia Rivan.

Went back to Neketaka and spoke to Yseyr again. There was new dialogue that basically repeated the information learnt in Dunnage, but this time, I cleared a Perception 20 check in an option which led to Yseyr giving me another Engoliero do Espirs.

Not sure if this will cause a future bug when I eventually confront the ghost ship in an upcoming quest.

5 answers to this question

Hello Murklight,

Thanks for this post! Ill get this bugged so we can make sure its not possible to get two copies of Engolio De Espiers, even though it is very cool :p

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

First visit to Sacred Stair in Neketaka, I completed the quest Eulogy for the Dead, encountering Yseyr the Barbarian. I can't remember how, but I got Engoliero do Espiers (maybe I stole it?), and left Yseyr alive.

Progressed through the game some more and in Dunnage I got some dialogue with Captain Furrante about the history behind Yseyr and Lucia Rivan.

Went back to Neketaka and spoke to Yseyr again. There was new dialogue that basically repeated the information learnt in Dunnage, but this time, I cleared a Perception 20 check in an option which led to Yseyr giving me another Engoliero do Espirs.

Not sure if this will cause a future bug when I eventually confront the ghost ship in an upcoming quest.

Dual wielding it!!!

• Like 1

I have noticed the same thing.

Definitely stole it during the first encounter of Yseyr, then talked to Furrante and returned. Yseyr seems to have kept another one Engoliero do Espirs for a rainy day.

I found a funny bug with this.  When you activate it by speaking the oath... it appears in your stash inventory as a unique estoc, which you can equip.

but... I'll be damn3d if it will go in your backpack.  I even tried swapping it for another weapon in my backpack... and it showed it there, until I opened my backpack again and it was back in the stash.

also?  it has null money value.  not "0" value... null.

it has a few bugs.

but, I had the satisfaction of killing Rivan with it.  Now to see if Yser wants it back.

edit:

yes, they scripted returning the sword to yser as well.  nice touch.  even your companions have comments on it.

Eder (favors returning the sword):  "Best not to owe Berath any favors"
Serafen(favors keeping it): "You know, you could always... NOT be doing that, cap'n."

nice touch.

Edited by Ichthyic

A somewhat similar bug is the Dawnstar medicine quest. Can't remember precisely what caused it but you can get the medicine from the guy how many times you want as long as you, if I remember correctly, tell him you killed the Spider guy in a dialogue loop. A detail about this is that I think I stole it from him in a chest before I spoke to him, if that matters. It's a fringe case and no real effect on the game so I won't bother filing a new thread about it.

Edited by beatspores