Just wanna throw out there that I'm very disappointed in the game. 

Cons

1.) Very short game

2.) Disappointing Story

3.) Horrible balance

4.) Not enough ship battle options or stuff like that

5.) Lack of diversity in challenges in boarding parties

6.) Items in game are pretty much lackluster or very overpowered

7.) Many Items do the same thing, are special in nature, but have no lore or reason otherwise to exist

8.) Companion quests and dialogue are lame

9.) no 6th companion but given the abscense of difficulty, i can see why they removed

10.) Terrible and unoriginal SJW adaptations which fail to be authentic or worthwhile

11.) Immersion breaking ability ( able to go to ashfall before hasango and everyone gets stuck in either prior or post dialogues)

12.) Reputations are essentially useless

13.) Minor reputations are essentially useless

14.) End game is horrible

15.) Difficulty 

16.) New characters were 50/50, priest very dumb, Huana hunter was ok, old characeters like who cares

Pros

1.) Multiclass is pretty sweet

2.) High level abilityies

3.) Power Levels

Im hoping obsidian throws its weight into the DLCs, if not, and if I'm to expect that *this* is where the game is headed in the future, I'll keep my money in my wallet and hope for a better game producer. 

• Like 2

Hi,

could you elaborate point 10 a bit?

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Hi,

I assume he complaints about the amount of gay/bi sexual characters. The one thing that did bother me about this, is that on one hand they treat it as if the eora was the open minded world were your sexuality doesn’t bother anyone. On the other hand a lot of jokes in banter assume that character’s sexuality is unusual or has a shock value in order to deliver the punchline. You can’t have one and the other. It reminds me of a guard banter I saw in DA:Inquisition: “isn’t it great that women are treated equal and it’s absolutely normal for them to act as guards?”. Well, if that’s so normal why do you bring that up? That’s just lazy writing.
  • Like 9

Hi,

"I'm a reactionary who can't stand seeing strong women in games, occupying positions of power and telling men what to do. I also missed the fact that Obsidian is very much in the business of making games with progressive themes and mocking people who use the term SJW unironically."

• Like 9

Well, speaking as a proud SJW, adios amigo, don't hit the door on the way out....

• Like 10

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Hi,

Whenever that comes up I've got one very simple personal rule and it's that anyone who feels obligated to use the term "SJW" as a slur is not worth debating with simply because those people are usually trying to compensate for some deep rooted sense of inadequacy (and it goes without saying sexual repression). It saves a lot of hassle.

• Like 7

By "SJW adaptations" I assume the OP doesn't mean the politics in the game right? Because this isn't really a very political game, it deals with heavy political themes sure (like colonization of native cultures) but it isn't pushing you to any kind of conclusion, it shows positive and negitive traits with every faction including the native faction.

Or is the OP referring to something like the fact that there are same sex romance options, couldn't be as silly as that right? :no:

• Like 8

By "SJW adaptations" I assume the OP doesn't mean the politics in the game right? Because this isn't really a very political game, it deals with heavy political themes sure (like colonization of native cultures) but it isn't pushing you to any kind of conclusion, it shows positive and negitive traits with every faction including the native faction.

Or is the OP referring to something like the fact that there are same sex romance options, couldn't be as silly as that right? :no:

Could very well be that, or it could be having some strong female characters in the game is somehow offensive... Probably bit of both.

• Like 6

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

To be more to the point:

Expecting people to treat others the way they themselves want to be treated is a concept that has been around for a very long time, it was even espoused in Biblical times.

Expounding upon that point and expecting people to treat others with a measure of dignity, respect and courtesy is also not a new concept.

It is normal and reasonable to expect people to treat others in this way and it should be considered repulsive to treat people otherwise, somewhere along the way we've lost sight of that truth and it's become normal to insult, instigate, antagonize and attack the person rather than the idea or argument.

A "social justice warrior" (SJW) is a concept that only exists because the rest of us have forgotten how to be human to one another.

• Like 10

Yeah, using something like social justice warrior as an insult always irritates me. Where I live, we have a similar insult "Gutmensch" (roughly translates to good person).

The funny part is, those terms got invented by people who are basically in power to rally those who are in fear of loosing something, exploiting the fact the alot of people rather kick down then beat up.

• Like 6

Sjw used to just kinda refer to people who were awful about it, people who would derail discussions with demonising, dog piling, doxing and other such bs because someone said something they considered to be offensive. I didn't like those people much (i still don't) so I did used to use that term sometimes but now it's just a slur against the left. Or worse it's a part of someone's legitimate political position, like they seriously believe the "SJWs" are in control of everything and opressing the poor conservative white men or whatever.

Anyone who isn't interested in playing into the hands of the right and even like literal nazis should drop the term or at least only use it ironically and get a life.  8)

Edited by Mikeymoonshine
  • Like 2

Someone in another post was referring to Mokeha as a "third wave feminist" (no idea why). Maybe they mean that? I don't understand why anyone would care whether you can romance a companion with a same sex char, just don't do it if you don't like it. *shrug* As for Tekehu being bi, people have been bi and gay since like forever. Not like it's anything new *reshrug*

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

Someone in another post was referring to Mokeha as a "third wave feminist" (no idea why). Maybe they mean that?

Well she does rightfully put an incredible entitled man in his place I guess, but then there is also a female ship captain that abuses her crew members and generally treats people like garbage so....bravo Obsidina of having a veriety of female characters who aren't glorified or demonised simply for being female????

This is like when people were saying dragon age inquisition was a SJW game for having several women in the positions of power even though almost all of them were completely incompetant leaders just like the male leaders

• Like 2

1 initial listicle post, 15 replies, 7 tangentially on topic to the forum  = locked thread. Feel free to open a new or use existing threads if there are specific issues still in need of discussion.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man