Another probable drawback of Nalpazca and drug abuse in general: your non-combat interactions on the world map and upon entering a location are affected by crash debuffs most of the time. If anyone paid attention, please confirm.

Before leaving a location you should rest, without the soul void necklace on, to prevent yourself from having the drug crash.  You'll still have the -1 wounds per 3 seconds debuff though.

Another probable drawback of Nalpazca and drug abuse in general: your non-combat interactions on the world map and upon entering a location are affected by crash debuffs most of the time. If anyone paid attention, please confirm.

Before leaving a location you should rest, without the soul void necklace on, to prevent yourself from having the drug crash.  You'll still have the -1 wounds per 3 seconds debuff though.

Lack of punishment for resting too often has always been a drawback of Obsidian games (most CRPGs actually). Is there any punishment here? Are the expenses serious enough? Is there any story/quest-wise reason not to abuse resting?

You get hundreds of fruit when you're exploring, I use those when I rest to clear and prevent drug crashes, so I can't really say there's much downside other than the bother of doing it and managing your drug supply.  You're pretty strongly dissuaded from using stronger food bonuses on your party though except before bosses.

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 1

Sure, but you're still a monk. As long as you have some drugs in a quick slot it's never an issue.

Correct me if I am wrong but not all drugs can be running together, no? I remember yesterday I wanted to use 3 drugs before fight (not on Monk) and they just canceled each other and I had only one running on.

Or maybe it's just UI thing next to your portrait....

Correct.  Only 1 drug or drug crash penalty may be in effect at any one time. 

The game doesn't document drug stuff very well.  Had to figure out a lot of the mechanics via experimentation.  Which I suppose is thematically appropriate, but still rather annoying.

Doesn't that make Nalpazca kind of.... bad? Only one drug for all the alchemy investment just for one drug. Not to mention many potions have from start as potent effects as mid alchemy drug.

I thought you can be on several drugs at once :/ One is little....meh imo.

Nalpazca passively generates wounds while on drugs which means you can go glass cannon stats/armor, pick your attacks on targets that can't fight back, and still have resources for your abilities.

Edited by Lavitage

Strongest disadvange of Nalpazca it is: https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Arcane+Dampener

cos thats spell aplays to ur drugs...

I'm thinking of going for a Sage (Monk/Wizard) multiclass for the Arcane Reflection spells in order to protect my Nalpazca's drug benefits. Could also wear one of those rings with "Suppress Affliction", I suppose.

Arcane reflection only works on targeted spells. Single class Nalpazca can craft arcane reflection potions at a much higher level than dual class wizard can cast it if you put all your points into Alchemy and wear alchemy gear.

Strongest disadvange of Nalpazca it is: https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Arcane+Dampener

I'm thinking of going for a Sage (Monk/Wizard) multiclass for the Arcane Reflection spells in order to protect my Nalpazca's drug benefits. Could also wear one of those rings with "Suppress Affliction", I suppose.

Suppress affliction rings won't help, they give you the level 1 priest spell which is a spell used reactively to counter afflictions, and I don't think it works on arcane dampener.

Regardless if it worked, it wouldn't help.  On my transcendent build arcane dampener only ever lasts for about 5 seconds because of a high will defense and enlightened agony, but even after it clears and the drug bonuses come back I still have -100% healing.  I have to use another drug.   

I think it's silly that an "arcane" dampener effects the drugs at all tbh.  What I do, since enemies that use it only use it once, is bait it out with my tank before I bring my other party members into the fight.

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 1

Suppress affliction rings won't help, they give you the level 1 priest spell which is a spell used reactively to counter afflictions, and I don't think it works on arcane dampener.

Also doesn't seem to work on charmed/dominated/etc, which *really* ****ed my world up.

Also doesn't seem to work on charmed/dominated/etc, which *really* ****ed my world up.

I've used the version Xoti has to counter charm/dominate successfully quite frequently.

Just boost your will save and resist it, as you said, those casters that use it use it only once most of the time. Its easy enough to boost will by like +30 as Nalpazca with a drug, even more if you also want to pick +will defense as a passive. Once you got solid Will save you should be resisting it fairly often (unless you're in zone that over levels you by far). 

That's just the obvious way to deal with it. There are more sophisticated like using some sort of dot damage (granades, poisons, aoe from multi classed spells like chill fog, touch of decay etc) in tandem with potion that gives crazy high interrupt, then you can just drink this pot, use some aoe like chill fog if u're a Sage multi class for example and not only u'll blind them to reduce their accuracy vs your Will save u'll also tick damage that have high chance of interrupting their cast. 

Another way would be to use some sort of Terrify effect on those casters, there are quite a bit of things that have Terrify but one on top of my head that is accessible to everyone would be that mask from Delver's Row with 1 per rest Ryngrim Enervating Terror. 

It works on those, you obviously can't use suppress affliction because you can't use item/cast spell at all if you're charmed/dominated yourself. 

Edited by Phyriel

It's not? So there's no immunity to it?

Correct, you have to win a Will saving throw, that's your defense against it. Enemy accuracy still roll against your Will so effects that makes enemy loose accuracy work to make you have easier time resisting it. Other than that as mentioned above, you need to CC enemies using that. You have full book of tools to do that tho. 

Edited by Phyriel
  • Like 1