I've read assassin/ascendant has some nice tricks for quickly maxing out focus, though I haven't tried it out myself. 

I am currently playing a Nalpazca/Soulblade though which is pretty cool because you can offhand the keybreak scepter to smoothly transition between fighting in melee or range.  It works well since most monk abilities are primary attacks (and therefore won't suffer from off handing a scepter) and the scepter modal lets you generate more wounds from range where you can easily cast your cipher abilities.

Edited by Climhazzard

Beguiler/Rogue is amazing. Give yourself high INT for longer spell range and longer Affliction durations and high MIG for weapon damage. At higher levels you can inflict all enemies on the field with Flanked (Phantom Foes) and then pick them off one by one with Sneak Attack's bonus damage.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Beguiler/Rogue is amazing. Give yourself high INT for longer spell range and longer Affliction durations and high MIG for weapon damage. At higher levels you can inflict all enemies on the field with Flanked (Phantom Foes) and then pick them off one by one with Sneak Attack's bonus damage.

which subclass would you recommend for rogue, or no subclass?

I didn't pick a subclass for Rogue because I'm pretty much just using it for Escape (and other abilities that let you GTFO when things get ugly) Dirty Fighting and Sneak Attack.

If you want to backstab from stealth, pick Assassin.

If you want to tank and take damage to deal damage, pick Streetfighter.

If you want to tank and take less damage but also deal less damage, pick Trickster.

Edited by CENIC

I didn't pick a subclass for Rogue because I'm pretty much just using it for Escape (and other abilities that let you GTFO when things get ugly) Dirty Fighting and Sneak Attack.

If you want to backstab from stealth, pick Assassin.

If you want to tank and take damage to deal damage, pick Streetfighter.

If you want to tank and take less damage but also deal less damage, pick Trickster.

could you share your stat for this build?

It wasn't as much a 'build' just what I already naturally picked in PoE1 as my main character, but Hearth Orlan as race would give you the racial Minor Threat ability which is nice as a rogue. I suggest to decide either on basic rogue or Assassin on rogue-side, especially as a ranged fighter HP doesn't need to worry you as much, while my own Cipher/Rogue main char is ranged with Cipher abilities then going into melee with two daggers.

If you like a more 'piratey' feel perhaps use sabers/pistols instead, and if you want a norse raider flavor instead consider dual wielding hatchets or battle axes (although for this I would rather suggest a Streetfighter combination with Fighter/Devoted)

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

could you share your stat for this build?

Keep in mind I'm playing on Classic with no level scaling. Fights were challenging early on but I'm level 18 now and almost at endgame and I haven't struggled in a while.

I picked stats more for role playing than for efficiency.

MIG: 15

CON: 10

DEX: 15

PER: 18

INT: 10

RES: 10

Having the maxed PER is nice for dialogue checks and detecting traps, but if I replay this character I will probably go for something like this:

MIG: 13

CON: 10

DEX: 15

PER: 15

INT: 15

RES: 10

Having larger AoE and longer duration for my Afflictions would go further (pun intended) than the extra accuracy I think.