What game did you bought last?

37 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Man, am I the only one who feels like the Battletech DLCs are just waaaay too expensive? I'd gladly buy them... but not for 20 bucks each for the amount of content they seem to offer.

From what I remember from reading r/battletechgame, that's a common objection -- frequently mentioned in the Steam reviews too. Apparently, outside of the new biomes, a lot of the things included in the DLCs had been done by mods before.

Personally, for $20 I'd expect something like air support and infantry, a new campaign, and a handful of new mechs. It's not even worth my time to reinstall the game for what they offer currently.

Edited by 213374U
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Haven't bought it yet but noticed Dragon's Quest Builders 2 is available for pre-order in my ps4 store, now. Not sure if I want the more expensive version with the extras...do I care about more recipes or whatnot.  Definitely don't care about season pass aspect. Hm.

Edit hours later: that's DQ Builders 2, not just plain ol' DQ2. Oops.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I fell victim to the dreaded Steam Summer Sale impulse buy and scooped up Doggo Dragons: Dark Arisen, despite the fact that my backlog is overflowing and I probably won't play it for 18 years. Damn you GabeN, damn youuuuuu!

HKeuSqP.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

its that time of year again

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 6/30/2019 at 8:18 AM, 213374U said:

Personally, for $20 I'd expect something like air support and infantry, a new campaign, and a handful of new mechs. It's not even worth my time to reinstall the game for what they offer currently.

I haven't tried the Battletech game currently on a sale on Steam, but it's kind of sad that the best version of it that I've played so far is an old Amiga shareware game (Called 'Mechforce iirc', runs fine on WinUAE). Complete with clan mechs, drop pods, destructible terrain (set the forest on fire and watch the fire spread depending on wind direction, mechs that suffers reactor explosions creates depressions in the ground etc.) and a computer AI that plays a very competent game. Turn based goodness I would love to see in a post 1990 version 😢

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Gorth said:

I haven't tried the Battletech game currently on a sale on Steam, but it's kind of sad that the best version of it that I've played so far is an old Amiga shareware game (Called 'Mechforce iirc', runs fine on WinUAE). Complete with clan mechs, drop pods, destructible terrain (set the forest on fire and watch the fire spread depending on wind direction, mechs that suffers reactor explosions creates depressions in the ground etc.) and a computer AI that plays a very competent game. Turn based goodness I would love to see in a post 1990 version 😢

It isn't a bad game at all, and I'd recommend it if you're a fan of turn based tactical games and the BT universe. Especially if it's heavily discounted.

It's just that... they seem to have completely run out of steam after finishing the base game. Maybe after the Shadowrun games, the bar was too high set. If they had managed to keep releasing content with a value comparable to that of the base game, it would have been glorious. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm still butthurt about this.

• Thanks 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

33 minutes ago, 213374U said:

It isn't a bad game at all, and I'd recommend it if you're a fan of turn based tactical games and the BT universe. Especially if it's heavily discounted.

It's just that... they seem to have completely run out of steam after finishing the base game. Maybe after the Shadowrun games, the bar was too high set. If they had managed to keep releasing content with a value comparable to that of the base game, it would have been glorious. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm still butthurt about this.

Consider myself recommended and warned :)

No idea where it came from, but Steam asked me if I wanted to apply a voucher at checkout, reducing the cost from $20 to $12 AUD. That's about $8.5 USD. That's what I spend on two Cappucino's across the street, so, not really any risk involved in that purchase. Bought the base game. I'll give it a try over the weekend :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Used the recent Steam sale to pick up two non-RPG games that have been on my wishlist for a while: Surviving Mars, and The Operational Art of War 4.

A shame nobody had any feedback for you on Surviving Mars (not familiar with the game), but I recognize the use of Steam sales as a way to try out games I wouldn't normally buy  :grin:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

A shame nobody had any feedback for you on Surviving Mars (not familiar with the game), but I recognize the use of Steam sales as a way to try out games I wouldn't normally buy  :grin:

With the season pass it was only about $22, and I've been playing the heck out of it since, so well worth my money. :)

Bought "Kenshi". The concept looks so very interesting, but 'fraid that this game will go into my "Play when retired" collection along with Crusader Kings, Rimworld, Stellaris and such because I simply do not yet have uninterrupted years required to learn playing those games. :getlost:

On 7/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, Ophiuchus said:

I picked up FFIX on Steam. It's taking me back to a better time.

I got it on PS3 as well recently, good and interesting game. What the hell happened to Squaresoft? When you saw that logo back in the playstation 1 era it was a sign of high quality.

• Like 1

nowt

2 hours ago, daven said:

I got it on PS3 as well recently, good and interesting game. What the hell happened to Squaresoft? When you saw that logo back in the playstation 1 era it was a sign of high quality.

Much like BioWare, they started to chase the shinny.

20 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Much like BioWare, they started to chase the shinny.

Well.. yeah. I guess it was when they joined with Enix. They used to make a lot of interesting games back then. Of course Final Fantasy was the flagship but they did other stuff like Vagrant Story, SaGa Frontier 2, Front Mission, Parasite Eve, Chrono Trigger etc. Now it seems like it's only Final Fantasy (Which have been terrible since X) and... ???????

• Like 1

nowt

Yup, it was merger with Enix. But for some reason I have enjoyed also XII and XIII-2. I have not even started the XV, because how much they "westernified" the game. No reason to play japanese game, if it does not feel japanese anymore 😞 Thankfuly Tales of and Atelier series are still pretty much staying at least partially to their roots.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I watched my brother play FF15 for a bit, they had Gucci or something clothes in it????? 

And they make this massive beautiful world... which you have no reason to look at most of the time.  The combat is all wishy washy, why couldn't they have just tried to improve on FFX? That combat was really tight, just build on that.

BAH! Sorry this is turning into a Final Fantasy rant.

nowt

I found out that the first location in HITMAN 2 is free, like the first location in HITMAN, so I "bought" that for $0. I'll buy the rest of the game next time it goes on sale.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks