What game did you bought last?

I've been waiting for a PS4 Store sale on Dragon Quest XI (it's been on sale on Steam about a dozen times but no native Linux version) and now finally (The Rock has come back to <insert city name>) it's 50% off so I scooped it up. Once I finish Yakuza 0 I'll dive into some DQ goodness.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have just  finished Fallout 4 and now Im going to play Dying Light : Bad Blood as a quick diversion but after that I am moving onto Metro Exodus and I am very excited to see how that game runs with my new Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

I am beyond impressed with the performance of my new rig and the Geforce makes a huge performance difference  but I also haven't played a game that really has tested its graphic performance  and Metro is apparently a game to do this  :geek:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tried watching a longer, real gameplay vid of DMC5. Was thinking "graphical pizazz, still not sure I like the gameplay yet ..... WAIT ... is that a (sortof) BLACK PANTHER COMPANION Kylo Ren is using?"

*hits the purchase button*

I'm so easy.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Diablo on GOG.com. Immediately did a playthrough using their updated version with ratio-correct scaling and had a blast. Took me just short of 10 hours to get through the dungeon -- it's still such a good game, and it's atmosphere is unmatched in the sequels IMO.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

I just pre-ordered RAGE 2, the deluxe edition on the Microsoft / Xbox One Store. I love RAGE 1, so I can't wait till May 14 for RAGE 2.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

All this talk of game launcher shakeups these days had me rushing to GoG yesterday to download any updated versions of games I already own from them, "just in case." Y'know.

Then I bought Diablo1 and Emperor and Caesar4 (city builders) from them on top. I have C4 on disc which works on Win7 but I hear it's hard to get running on Win10 if I ever wanted to play it there. That makes all the city-builders from my past, purchased from GoG now, I think.

From Steam, I bought a little game called Eastshade. It's an explore/quest a pretty world type game, only with no enemies to think about. Nicely made.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Shadow of the Tombraider + all the dlc/season pass was on 50% sale so I said what the heck and bought it. Mostly because they finally added a little bit of  ray tracing to it and I'm curious about performance. But now I don't feel like downloading/installing 40GB. Maybe tomorrow. Or next weekend.

To be fair, the games are designed around the unit selection limitations, so while it's annoying, it's slow enough to be perfectly playable. Even back in the dawn of RTS, Blizzard knew how polish is one of their strongest weapons.

• Like 2

To be fair, the games are designed around the unit selection limitations, so while it's annoying, it's slow enough to be perfectly playable. Even back in the dawn of RTS, Blizzard knew how polish is one of their strongest weapons.

Oh yeah, no doubts about the playability. It was super polished.

I'm also looking forward to Warcraft 3: Reforged later this year (I'm not foolish enough to hope for a Warcraft 4 RTS, though...)

I bought new indie game called World Next Door. Quite charming experience, so I took an opportunity to publish a review on my steam curator page. & of course on reddit, but I got downvoted,

Edited by Melusina

I just bought Grim Dawn's Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods expansions, plus the Crucible and Loyalist Upgrade DLCs on GOG. (To go with the Grim Dawn base game I already owned.)

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 4

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Tropico 6, I can skip lunch for a couple of days to pay for it, as I am hard up for a city builder and Skylines is rather boring as I face no challenge (and eventually it just bogs down).

I guess MW5 is just going to be on Steam ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm sure it'll become an Epic exclusive closer to launch

Well played

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra