What game did you bought last?

Oh, is that what I was doing wrong? I built the diagnosis rooms in order whenever the game told me I needed more. My GP lines were ridiculous.

Yes, like Theme Hospital before it, the patient cycle goes like this:

Receptionist > GP > Diagnosis Room (random) > GP > Other Diagnosis Room (random) > GP > (repeat until 100% diagnosed or you run out of different diagnosis rooms) > GP > Treatment

To minimise GP queues, you therefore want each Diagnosis room to be as effective as possible - i.e. the ones that increase the diagnosis percentage by the most each use. Well actually, the ideal case is that your GPs are all highly trained and can diagnose a patient instantly, but that only works for the easiest diseases unless you're abusing the medicine cabinets. Take the following scenarios:

1) GP > Treatment. Obviously ideal but for this to work in all cases you essentially have to exploit the game. Medicine cabinets give a flat stacking 1% diagnosis power in a GP's office. Make a large GPs office with 100 cabinets in it and skip having to build any diagnosis rooms.

2) GP > Powerful diagnosis > GP > Treatment. This is generally what you want to aim for. If the GP sends the patient to somewhere like the X-Ray first, there's a good chance they won't need any further diagnosis, so this is the most efficient, non-gamey method. However the diagnosis room the GP sends the patient to appears to be random, so they might get sent to a weak diagnosis room like a Psychiatrist (awful) or the Ward (weak but reasonably efficient due to the parallelism). Nothing you can do about the RNG unfortunately, which leads to....

3) GP > Weak diagnosis > GP > More diagnosis > GP > etc. This is an awful situation to be in because it blows out the queues for the GPs, which many people try to solve by simply spamming more GPs offices and before too long you end up with a completely unmanageable mess.

Due to the RNG system mentioned, you absolutely do not want to build Cardio or General Diagnosis rooms once you have access to the better ones. They'll just spiral your hospital out of control. Unfortunately it's harder to avoid building the dual-purpose rooms unless you want to reject all patients that require treatment in them. The Ward and Psychiatry are both required for so many diseases that it's impractical to not build them, so you just have to accept their diagnostic inefficiency. I find having a couple of Fluid Analysis and X-Ray machines to be a good enough approach. Fluid Analysis is great because it's staffed by nurses which are less in-demand than doctors, and X-Ray is easier than the Mega-scanner because you don't need any specials skills to operate it.

I would advise steering clear of the DNA Lab though, and just send home anyone who needs one for treatment. It's not required anywhere near as often as the other two, requires a special skill on the doctor operating it, and the doctor is inherently going to be compromised by there not being any levels to the Genetics skill. Nurses can get Ward Management level 5 which increases both diagnosis and treatment effectiveness of the Ward by 100%. Likewise, Doctors can get Psychiatry level 5 which does the same for the Psychiatry. Training a doctor for the DNA Lab means giving them the Genetics skill which doesn't do anything other than allowing them to work there, and then the best you can do is give them level 2 in both Diagnosis and Treatment skills, for a grand total of 20% added effectiveness. This is a horrible deal.

EDIT: You want the vast majority of your doctors trained fully in the GP skill still (up to +75% effectiveness). A few will take full Treatment skill instead, then 2-3 of them with Diagnosis level 4 plus Radiology, which gives +60% effectiveness to the X-Ray and +40% to the Mega-scanner.

For nurses, I don't like the inflexibility of the Injection or Pharmacy skills, and prefer to go full Treatment instead for them. You'll need some full Diagnosis ones for the Fluid Analysis rooms, and full Ward Management for the Ward ones. It's not obvious, but you can assign multiple nurses to the same Ward using the menu that pops up when you click the door.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finally Deadfire KS Collector's Edition arrived home!!!

Thank you Obsidian :)

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Really? Stack 100 cabinets in a room? :lol: Do the posters work the same for staff training?

Such a strange way to make rooms obsolete. Should be a stacking bonus for different diagnosis.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it another whirl.

Absolutely does, the optimal design for a training room is to cover every inch of wall with the posters ...then put an encyclopaedia bookcase in front of every poster. And then stick an anatomy model everywhere else.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Can you give me an advice if Divinity Original Sin 1 in current state is worth 9.95 EUR? I played it right after release at friends place, and lost motivation to play further already in the first city :(

Can you give me an advice if Divinity Original Sin 1 in current state is worth 9.95 EUR? I played it right after release at friends place, and lost motivation to play further already in the first city :(

Depends, it got its charm but I can't handle that cartoon graphics and very ''childish/fairytale/funny'' style of story/dialogs

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I played through the first zone a couple times, but always lost interest after that. Which was plenty of play for my money, to be honest. 

• Like 1

I just bought, no, preordered, two games that I certainly take a chance on, but I have so high expectations:

-Pathfinder: Kingmaker

-And Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I've never played any AssCreed game, but I love the Ancient Greek setting, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the new RPG'y direction of the series)

This will be a neat month in gaming, to be sure!

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Just preordered Assassin's Creed: Odyssey on Uplay today. (First Assassin's Creed game I preordered, since I

normally just buy them after launch when on sale.) I'm so looking forward to messing around in ancient Greece.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Devil May Cry HD Collection (1, 2, 3)

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

...they were on Steam-sale ($30 total) and I'm bored. Per usual not sure if I'll get through any of them but I thought I'd at least try. Too much combat combo/scoring concept may annoy me. Can I win if all I get are "D's"? :p I guess I was also thinking about DMC5, so this would give me 5-6 months to get around to at least minimally trying the older ones to see if I'd be interested in the new one at all. I mean, the combat visuals of 4 and 5 look great but not sure if I'd like the series much outside of that so this is my way of figuring that out I suppose. Maybe I should've just stuck with DMC4-SE as the tryout...

:cat:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 3 weeks later...

I just got gifted Battle Chasers: Nightwar. A western take on jRPG! I've seen some let's plays before, I really enjoyed what I have seen. I can't wait to play it myself :) I just have to finish Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory first :p

• Like 2

Just grabbed SpaceBourne (which is in early access), I been wanting a space sim that was somewhat like Freelancer.

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

Yakuza Kiwami 2(ps4)

Battleborn(ps4)

Forza Horizon 3(Xbox One)

I want to buy Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost but I can't seem to find a copy so I might end buying the digital version from PSN, soooo hyped for this game!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just seen Kingdom Come: Deliverance - From the Ashes (DLC) was out so I bought it on Steam. I also got The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon at

the same time but on GMG. I'm going to wait to play the second DLC, since it is pretty buggy at the moment. Just happy I got this on GMG when it was on sale.  

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

Cities Skylines Industries DLC, because it beats drinking

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate(PS4)

It was brand new and cheap so I couldn't resist. The only AC games missing from my library right now are AC II, AC: Brotherhood and AC: Odyssey. There are also the 2D games but I just heard bad things about those. Let's hope PS Plus will offer them as freebies at some point in the future. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Today I bought:

A Hat in Time + Seal the Deal dlc

Fe at Origin store

Divinity:OS EE steam copy

Beast Quest

Day of the Devs Humble bundle, but I redeemed only RIME, Minit and HyperLightDrifter

as gifts:

Bubsy Woolies strike Back

Nine Parchments

Day of the Devs the rest of the bundle

Recieved (as gift)

Predynastic Egypt

I've been abandoned this thread, but since last to last post I bought, not counting gifts and gifts I received

Purchases:

Wizard of Legends

Witcher 2

Witcher 3 GOTY

Girm Dawn

Wizards and Warriors

Edited by Melusina

Bought The Evil Within 2 and Shadow Warrior 2 on GMG (were on sale), also bought Yakuza 0 on Steam. 

Just need to pick up a new wired red afterglow xbox 360 controller on Amazon.com so I can play Yakuza 0.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

Jon Irenicus ´

Angels of Death

Open Sourcery

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Why did I buy Neverwinter Nights despite hating it with a fervor? 1) Because I remember liking parts of it, like Hordes of the Underdark. 2) I want to play Darkness Over Daggerford. 3) I am a horrible person and deserve to be punished.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."