Is there anything wrong with spellcaster?

I'm level 8 now and i notice most enemy has very insane defense. Very high deflection, reflex, fortitude and will. And the spell accuracy is insanely low. Is there anything that increase spell accuracy? I mostly take debuff spells to lower enemies defense but due to their insane defense stats, i hardly able to lower it. That makes spellcasters very unfun. Am i playing the game wrong? Also if not mistaken, we don't get +1 spell ACC per level anymore and this makes being a spellcaster even worst? I'm also using weapon modals to lower certain stats but that hardly help the situation.

Edited by Archaven

I'm not an expert but here's what I can think of right off the top of my head:

BONUSES

• You get +1 accuracy per power level
  • You get +10 accuracy when you empower a spell
  • Some (not many) spells have bonus accuracy built in
  • Some items provide accuracy bonuses to spells
  • You can get an accuracy bonus from only one active ability at a time (highest bonus used)
PENALTIES
  • You suffer accuracy penalties for using shields
  • You do not get accuracy bonuses from weapons
I've found that putting some extra points in Perception, using physical classes to debuff targets and/or empowering a major debuff spell will help significantly if you're struggling to hit targets. Edited by Witness41920

I'm level 8 now and i notice most enemy has very insane defense. Very high deflection, reflex, fortitude and will. And the spell accuracy is insanely low. Is there anything that increase spell accuracy? I mostly take debuff spells to lower enemies defense but due to their insane defense stats, i hardly able to lower it. That makes spellcasters very unfun. Am i playing the game wrong? Also if not mistaken, we don't get +1 spell ACC per level anymore and this makes being a spellcaster even worst? I'm also using weapon modals to lower certain stats but that hardly help the situation.

You can buff your accuracy with spells like Devotion of the Faithful, also enemies usually will have at least one low defense that you can easily target.

• Like 1

You can buff your accuracy with spells like Devotion of the Faithful, also enemies usually will have at least one low defense that you can easily target.

Devotions of the faithful is only buffing melee or range accuracy. I'm referring to spell accuracy. The spell accuracy is too low for me to even lower the enemies defenses. Bear in mind i use spells like dire blessing, blind, hobble, debuffing the enemies and 90% of the time it miss. Am i doing something wrong or the game is badly balance? I'm playing on POTD by the way and i'm playing spellcaster.

Devotions of the faithful is only buffing melee or range accuracy. I'm referring to spell accuracy. The spell accuracy is too low for me to even lower the enemies defenses. Bear in mind i use spells like dire blessing, blind, hobble, debuffing the enemies and 90% of the time it miss. Am i doing something wrong or the game is badly balance? I'm playing on POTD by the way and i'm playing spellcaster.

Try investing heavily into Alchemy and use Deadeye drug.