So I'm the person who makes 20 different characters before making it halfway through a game because I can't decide what to play, so with that I'm looking for some pointers on how to build the classes I'm interested in.

I'm wanting to make a DPS druid that casts some spells and uses melee weapons. Should i single or multiclass?

And what would the stat distribution look like?

my current thoughts (since i'm awful at this game i keep con and resolve up a bit):

Might: 16

Con: 13

Dex: 10

Per: 15

Int: 16

Res: 8

I feel like dex could be higher though? and if I'm going about builds totally wrong I wouldn't be surprised

If you want to be a DPS hybrid druid, you should use the wildshape abilities imo.  You could mix Ranger and Druid in order to have for example a lion and then transform into one yourself?  

I'll definitely have to consider that one. I want to try ranger but I've never been a fan of having the animal for some reason. 

Also I'm more interested in casting the druids spells rather than the shape shift

Would you be willing to trade druid for Priest then?

Make the Ranger a Ghostheart ranger so your pet is more of a battle summon instead of a constant thing.  Never summon it if you don't want to.  Lots of spells, buffs, damage aoe, healing.  Priest of Magran has LOTS of RP stuff in the campaign right now.  It's the highest called out subclass in the game for NPC interaction.  Ghostheart is second.

First thing you should do is dump the resolve. Everything hits you on PotD. Keep Con low and learn to focus on certain stats instead. What you need for PoE2 is armour rating, decent deflection so you don't get autocrit 24/7 and high reflex/fortitude/will ,in that order.

Roughly 130-140 for decent survivability on PotD. 150+ makes you unkillable. If you wish to play a dps druid that melees and cast spells, you should probably ask yourself what is your main source of damage. Elemental spells? Melee Weapons? Summons?

If you plan on using elemental spells to kill stuff but still want to keep some semblance of melee capabilities. I suggest going fighter as your multi-class. Their level one can be upgraded to give +1 power levels while boosting the accuracy of your own melee attacks. Their aura gives +5 accuracy to your spells as well. Overall, they have pretty decent fast cast melee attack/defense abilities that won't affect your spell casting too much. Eg. charge for positioning and an instant attack. buffs are instant with no recovery. Mob stance gives faster recovery as well and great for clearing mobs that were weakened by your spells.

For something more spell focused, chanter would be best but then it is kind of op right now. Priest is a decent choice with their buffs +acc/+power level etc.

For something more weapon focused with druid acting as the support, you can consider a bleak walker or just fighter. Monk is great too but it is kinda op right now. Bleak Walker will give you all the defence you will ever need to charge in with a two-hander, double or single weapon. Just spam Flames of Devotion for damage and use cold druid spells to supplement your lack of damage diversity. Their aura helps your spells as well.

In general, just ask yourself can your build deal at least two damage types, does it have a sustainable source of damage with empower included (final boss has 2 phases. Bosses like Nemnok have a ton of hp.) Does your build have a way to handle large mobs/does it have a way of pulling mobs if it can't aoe?

This is assuming you are running solo potd. If it's a team build, just go paladin and go full spell spammer. Lay on Hands is all the heal you will ever need.

First thing you should do is dump the resolve. Everything hits you on PotD. Keep Con low and learn to focus on certain stats instead. What you need for PoE2 is armour rating, decent deflection so you don't get autocrit 24/7 and high reflex/fortitude/will ,in that order.

First you say to dump resolve but then you say you need deflection to not get autocrit 24/7...? IMO resolve is needed for any character whos going to get hit regularly. Also IMO the order for defense should be Will/reflex/fortitude. The mind afflictions are by far the most handicapping ones (dominate/charm/confuse...).

Yeah, I absolutely dislike the logic of "everything is going to hit you on POTD so screw defenses".  That makes 0 sense to me.  I mean pure glass cannon builds can get away with no res and no con.  No one else should even attempt it and even then, the second you meet a vampyr or anything else that can dominate..  man that pure DPS will rip apart your entire team if you're not careful.  Can't support what ppscurry said.

Yeah, I absolutely dislike the logic of "everything is going to hit you on POTD so screw defenses".  That makes 0 sense to me.  I mean pure glass cannon builds can get away with no res and no con.  No one else should even attempt it and even then, the second you meet a vampyr or anything else that can dominate..  man that pure DPS will rip apart your entire team if you're not careful.  Can't support what ppscurry said.

I havent seen them yet but if the mushroom from the 1st game a back (the stationary ones that could dominate) the low will might make ppl cry... :)

Wizard is better with weapons, since have more quick selfbuffs.

Druid Shifter can go beastmodel onge.

Rather MC, since Wizard/Druid dont have many passives useful for melee.

BleakWaker, Helwaker, Barbarian, Fighter, Rogue. All have something which could work great with Spellcaster.

Just need decide what is most important for you.