Broken Quest Sequence - Bekarana's Folley

Immortalis

Question

Description:

If at anytime you break through the wall from the bathhouse into the tower, (I think this is the trigger) The entire mage tower will go hostile. Even if the quest to break into his vault is already completed. This completely breaks the future quest and prevents you from being able to hand in the quest or probably continue the DLC (when the third part is finally released)

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1) Complete the quest where you break into Arkemyr's Vault but don't use the Bath House entrance. (I used his robe as a disguise)

2) Get the summons from him and make sure he has spawned in his house and everything is chill, where he sends you to the Observatory.

3) Break that Bath House wall (I did it to go back to the vault as a shortcut so I could unlock a chest I missed)

4) This causes weird stuff to happen..

When you finish Bekarana's Folley and head back, everything is still hostile. The hostile imp in his office will tell you to head downstairs to the scrying pool.. but then just keeps attacking you. (The dialogue triggers normally but then he keeps attacking). The whole tower is hostile still and Arkyemyr is also hostile and just attacks you outright, with no way to finish the quest.

I assume I am also screwed now for the DLC and can't see how the quest ends - so I will probably have to start the game over.

From George Ziets @ http://new.spring.me/#!/user/GZiets/timeline/responses

Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat. While this does put more emphasis on solving quests, the lack of rewards for killing creatures makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game) as much as I can.

8 answers to this question

I just made the same mistake and triggered the bug.

Is there any fix for this? Like setting a flag or a console line?

Just came back to hand in Bekarna's Folly and everything is hostile. I had used the bath house wall to enter long after I accepted Bekarna's Folly quest thinking it was safe. 

Is there a fix planned or something that can be done with the console?

Just came back to hand in Bekarna's Folly and everything is hostile. I had used the bath house wall to enter long after I accepted Bekarna's Folly quest thinking it was safe. 

I will check in with the devs for a console command fix on Monday. Would you mind pinging me with a reminder PM then to look into the matter? Have it in my schedule but it is quickly getting huge.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I will check in with the devs for a console command fix on Monday. Would you mind pinging me with a reminder PM then to look into the matter? Have it in my schedule but it is quickly getting huge.

Best,

-Caleb

Will try to remember it as well!

Would be awesome if it's possible to just do a console command.

Thanks!

Okey, so both of those won't work.

I just got error message that they didn't exist-

I did try 

SetGlobalValue b_Arkemyr_Alarm_Sounded 0

and it didn't give an error message.

The second one is misspelled but even though I change it to 

SetGlobalValue b_Arkemyr_Hostilities_Fix 1

it just gives me an error message it doesn't exist, so probably another typo or mistake in there that I can't guess.

Just to share it with everyone else - there is a way to fix this with console commands, but you need to enable cheats so you will lose out on achievements.

Be outside of Arkemyrs mansion

SetTeamRelationship TEA_05_Arkemyr_Manor Player Friendly

SetGlobalValue b_Arkemyr_Alarm_Sounded 0

Now you should be able to head in and go downstairs and finish the quest.