Too many load screens, wait states and little interruptions

I also dislike all the menus you have to open to understand what is ability doing. Hover over ability to open menu to hover over status effect and then get into cyclopedia to read more about status effects since it doesn't state the whole picture.

And then the descriptions. Trickster: "Gives rogue illusion spells". What spells?? Aside from 1st level one? "Ranger and pet get bonus if they're within 4 meters". Just how big the bonus to acc and def is there?

And the descriptions of classes. Imagine you're some casual and read description of a chanter. Or Trubadour. Something something linger modal phrases something. What the hell does the class do? But they did put what is the name for Cipher is on glanfathan. Into class description. Why? What does it have to do with anything about the class? Write what the class does, not this.

Flavor.  The game needs MORE flavor, not less.  There's too much in the game that's too bland already!  The game needs a lot more flavor!

One example is when you have to go back to Fort Deadlight after receiving a letter. FOUR load screens just to talk to an NPC for a moment.

Don’t you get the guy just inside the entrance of Fort Deadlight who will take you straight to her?

If we could access the city travel map from anywhere inside Neketaka, including indoor zones, by pressing M, things would be a lot smoother.

They still wanted to leave a window for themselves to have events trigger when you leave a building.

• Like 1

If we could access the city travel map from anywhere inside Neketaka, including indoor zones, by pressing M, things would be a lot smoother.

They still wanted to leave a window for themselves to have events trigger when you leave a building.

Not to mention all the people on the street with quests that call out to you when you walk past.

First world problem.  Learn to be patient.  You get frustrated about this.  I get frustrated by the lack of patience and complaining about it.

Yes, moving around a city involved a number of load screens.  It's always been this way in the Infinity Engine and now the Unity Engine games.  You just can't load up the entire city of Nekataka as well as every single building into memory.  That's just not reasonable.

You must be confusing playing a game in the late 90s on a 90s PC and playing a 90s styled game with a modern PC as being the same.  It's not.  There's absolutely no reason why there should be so many loading screens, especially because of how long they take.  I just want to exit a building and go to another zone, but instead I have to go up some stairs, through a loading screen, then exit the building through another loading screen, then finally I am able to wait while my characters walk across the map to the nearest egress point, so that I can load up another loading screen.

What's not reasonable is having a modern game on a modern system running like it's two decades old.  The EE Baldur's gate games have plenty of loading screens too.  But they are all fast, so it's not an issue.

Edited by Sanctuary
  • Like 1

"One example is when you have to go back to Fort Deadlight after receiving a letter. FOUR load screens just to talk to an NPC for a moment."

there's a guy right when you arrive who can take you right to her. Getting back out is a little more troublesome, but thankfully the pathfinding is good enough you don't need to handhold your characters all the way across the map.