Hey all,

I made a mod to add a couple of new spells into the game.  You can download that from here if you want to give it a try.

But I'm also looking for feedback on what other kinds of spells or abilities people might be interested in seeing, as well as feedback on what people think of new spells added.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by SiliconMage
  • Like 1

I haven't installed your mod yet but i'm curious about "Temporal Acceleration" : does it only gives the Swift inspiration as in +5 dex ? Because that sound pretty weak for a lv9 spell, even if it's an almost instant cast with no recovery.

I haven't installed your mod yet but i'm curious about "Temporal Acceleration" : does it only gives the Swift inspiration as in +5 dex ? Because that sound pretty weak for a lv9 spell, even if it's an almost instant cast with no recovery.

No.  The in-game tool tip will show you what the swift actually does, which is:

900% Increased Action Speed with Spells

90% Reduced Recovery Time 

Basically, it makes the cast speed for most spells a fraction of a second.

Wow that sounds insane !  I hope you will come up with interesting ideas with lower level spells as well, i will definitely try your mod out.

Edit : I just installed your mod, seems to work just fine. I tried "Temporal Acceleration", this is pretty fun, insanely OP, but fun.

Edited by lonelornfr

Wow that sounds insane !  I hope you will come up with interesting ideas with lower level spells as well, i will definitely try your mod out.

Thanks.  My next idea was to play around with Invisibility to see if I can play around with added a 2nd level Invisibility spell and a 4th Level Improved Invisibility spell, but I haven't fully looked through the status effect gamebundle yet to see if that's feasible.

• 2 weeks later...

I released another update to this; I added an additional conjuration spell.

Level 9 - Obsidian Sword of Destruction - Summons a dimensional rift in the shape of a sword; anyone struck by the blade begins disintegrating.  There is a 25% chance that the sword will dissipate after striking, however.

• 3 weeks later...

I updated this to version 0.4 -- here are the following changes:

Fixed a bug with the effect of Obsidian Sword of Destruction.  No longer a transformation effect.

Added three new spells:
Wizard 1 - Arcane Light - Caster creates a small light source to provide simple illumination

Wizard 4 - Elemental Sword - Caster conjures a sword comprised entirely of elemental energy; the summoned sword can randomly be of the type Burn, Freeze, Shock or Corrode

Wizard 8 - Storm Surge - Caster fires 3 crackling bolt projects that bounce around the room and deal damage to anything in the way.

I also added a grimoire for sale at The Dark Cupboard in Neketaka called the Grimoire of the Ascended Archmage.  It contains the following spells:

Level 1: Minoletta's Minor Missiles, Thrust of Tattered Veils
Level 2: Limited Invisibility, Concelhaut's Draining Missiles
Level 3: Crackling Bolt, Ninagauth's Death Ray
Level 4: Invisibility, Ninagauth's Shadowflame
Level 5: Torrent of Flame, Blast of Frost
Level 6: Chain Lightning, Disintegration
Level 7: Delayed Fireball, Ninagauth's Killing Bolt
Level 8: Storm Surge, Llengrath's Superior Elemental Bulwark
Level 9: Temporal Acceleration, Obsidian Sword of Destruction

The grimoire also grants an extra cast for Wizards for Spell Levels 1 through 9.

• Like 1

I updated this mod to version 0.6 -- here are the following changes:

Thanks to user kilay for Italian translations!

Added one new spell:

Wizard 9 - Temporal Cessation - Caster creates a localized pocket of time in which everyone but himself or herself slows down; the caster (and anyone not included in the initial creation of the pocket) is free to move about and cast spells, but anyone else cannot be harmed by or affected by the caster.  Combat only.

I also added the Wizard grimoire only spells to the progression tree.

• Like 1

I updated the mod to version 0.7 -- here are the following changes:

Added one new spell:

Wizard 9 - Veil of Wael -> Caster envelops himself or herself and his or her allies in a shroud of illusory magic, turning all allies within the area of effect invsibile until the duration of the spell expires.

• Like 1

I updated the mod to version 0.8 -- here are the following changes:

Priest spells!  It's Priest's time to shine!

Added six new Priest spells:

Level 2 - Berath's Awe: Drawing on some of Berath's power, the priest can exude an aura of power that strikes fear into any spirits or vessels close to the priest.  The aura only affects vessels and spirits that are of a lower level than the priest, however.
Level 4 - Berath's Will: Drawing on some of Berath's power, the priest can exude an aura of power that dominates any spirits or vessels close to the priest, causing them to fight for the priest instead.  The aura only affects vessels and spirits that are of a lower level than the priest, however.
Level 5 - Superior Restore: Shares a generous portion of the caster's divine strength, restoring a great amount of Health to all allies within the area of effect. (Base 90 health recovery)
Level 5 - Limited Spell Resistance: Drawing upon revelations from the Mysteries of Wael, the priest can bless a target with a boon that temporarily blocks hostile magic.
Level 8 - Divine Power: Invokes the benedictions of the priest's god and greatly empowers allies in the area of effect with increased Might and Accuracy.
Level 9 - Superior Spell Resistance: Drawing upon further revelations from the Mysteries of Wael, the priest can bless a group of allies with a boon that temporarily blocks hostile magic.

I updated the mod to version 0.9 -- here are the following changes:

Druid spells!  Druid got a few new spells, and I reworked 1 existing Druid spell.

New Druid spells:

Level 5 - Limited Savage Prowess: Drawing on his or her connection to nature, the druid focuses his or her instincts to overwhelm a difficult opponent.  The druid gains a bonus to Accuracy, as well as a bonus to Penetration with Burn, Corrode, Freeze and Shock attacks.
Level 6 - Storm Burst: Unleashes a shockwave of electricity that expands out from the druid, dealing Shock damage to all those caught within the spell's range.
Level 7 - Erupting Flame: Causes flame and magma to shoot up in a jet from beneath of the earth, inflicting severe Burn damage on any caught within the spell's area of effect.  Those that remain standing on the molten earth in the aftermath of the eruption will continue to take burning damage.
Level 8 - Storm Call: Summons a powerful bolt of lightning forth from the sky to strike a single target, inflicting powerful Shock damage with a chance to stun the target.
Level 9 - Superior Savage Prowess: Drawing further on his or her connection to nature, the druid focuses his or her instincts to overwhelm a difficult opponent.  The druid gains an increased bonus to Accuracy, as well as an increased bonus to Penetration with Burn, Corrode, Freeze and Shock attacks.
Level 9 - Chitinous Carapace: Constructs a protective shield out of strong, magical and chitinous material that absorbs a substantial amount of damage before it shatters.  It does not prevent the protected target from taking action and moving.

Reworked Druid spells:

Level 9 - Touch of Death: Decay magic surrounds the target and quells their life essence. If the target's will to survive is not strong enough, they are killed outright.  Otherwise, the target takes Raw damage.

I updated the mod to version 1.0 -- this was a minor update, but I think it's stable enough to be a complete mod, finally.

Bug fixes!

Fixed a bug with invisibility spells keeping a mage's grimoire invisible after the mage turned visible again.

Updated the animation for Storm Burst.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the mod to version 1.1 -- it was a small update to get the mod working with version 1.2 of POE II, so no other changes.

Next update will include some rebalancing of Wizard spells; namely raising the level for Invisibility spells, and making a proper Disintegrate spell rather than use Cipher's existing one.

I updated this mod to version 1.3 -- this patch was related to balancing some of the Wizard spells I had previously added.  Here are the changes:

Limited Invisibility is now Level 4, up from Level 2.
Invisibility is now Level 8, up from Level 4.
Disintegrate is now a ranged attack that deals base damage 80 instantly and will destroy foes that are reduced to zero Health.  It has also been raised to Level 7 up from Level 6.

Obsidian Sword of Destruction now casts Disintegrate on hit.

The Grimoire of the Archmage has been updated to have the following spells:

Level 1: Minoletta's Minor Missiles, Thrust of Tattered Veils
Level 2: Arcane Veil, Concelhaut's Draining Missiles
Level 3: Crackling Bolt, Ninagauth's Death Ray
Level 4: Limited Invisibility, Ninagauth's Shadowflame
Level 5: Torrent of Flame, Blast of Frost
Level 6: Chain Lightning, Arcane Reflection
Level 7: Delayed Fireball, Disintegrate
Level 8: Storm Surge, Invisibility
Level 9: Temporal Acceleration, Temporal Cessation

It now also grants +1 Power Level to Evocation and Transmutation spells rather than extra casts.

I updated this mod to version 1.4 -- this version has a lot of interesting changes, but it doesn't change much functionally.

Invisibility is now an "affliction" that is granted by the Wizard's invisibility spells.  Again, this doesn't change how the spell functions, but it is important for the new spell that was introduced: Invisibility Ward!  Invisibility Ward prevents anyone around the caster from turning invisible via magical means by granting an immunity to the invisibility "affliction."  Potions of Invisibility were reworked to confer the new affliction, so they can be blocked by the Invisibility Ward spell.

Druids, Priests and Wizards all get access to Invisibility Ward, but there are slight differences between the three.  Priests get Invisibility Ward at Level 3, and the priest version has a fast cast speed but a long recovery time.  Wizard and Druid versions have an average cast speed and a short recovery time, but Wizard gets Invisibility Ward at Level 5, while Druid gets Invisibility Ward at Level 6.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please update the mod to the latest version of game

Done!

I updated the mod to version 1.5!

Invisibility Ward now blocks the following items and abilities: Potions of Invisibility, Unseen Demise, Shadowing Beyond, Enduring Shadows, Vanishing Strike, Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure, Effigy of Skaen's Shadow Leap ability, Invisibility effects from Wild Mind, Shadowed Hunters, Smoke Veil, Limited Invisibility, Invisibility and Veil of Wael

• Like 1

I updated the mod to version 1.8 -- a new Priest spell was added: Benediction of Restoration!

Benediction of Restoration 

Level 8 Priest Spell (Out of Combat only)

The priest acts as a conduit to channel his or her deity's divine essence into a spell.  The target is healed of all injuries, but the spell is incredibly taxing for the priest, and as a result, the priest becomes fatigued.  If the priest is severely wounded, he or she could die as a result from casting this spell.

Edited by SiliconMage
  • Like 2

I updated this mod to version 1.9 -- here are the following changes:

Fixed issues with the following spells:
Obsidian Sword of Destruction -> Trigger update to OnDealsDamage
Erupting Flame -> Reduced burn damage to base 10-17, updated visual effects to represent the spell description.

• 6 months later...