Even for plant based enemies where this makes no sense

I mean its kinda dumb in a game where so many weapons / abilities are built around that...i mean sure you can do that but why should i even bother with classes / abilities / weapons that focus on that... maybe im just unlucky but my last 10 battles everything had piercing and fire immunity regardless if it was a metall construct or a plant monster or a undead... its really tiresome

leave your ranger at home...useless

I've only seen this kind of difficulty with strong skeletal undead and metallic constructions. Fire is extremely effective against spirits and plants in my experience. Piercing works pretty well against basically everything except skeletal undead and metallic constructs.

• Like 1

Not many of them really. Skeletal undead are pierce immune. Construct are fire immune. Fire naga drains fire damage.

Many weapon have 2 damage type. The one that don't usually has very high base damage like Arquebus. Just use more than 1 weapon and you will fine. A ranger with hunting bow can easily fight everything because if they are pierce immune, the bow will deal slash damage instead.

• Like 1

It's usually simple. Oozes crushing immune and piercing immune, constructs fire immune, skeletons etc. piercing immune. IF not immune then high level resistance.

Edited by Killyox

leave your ranger at home...useless

Nah. Pure ranger Maia blew the rest of my PotD team out of water for dps over the playthrough. 100% piercing damage from a rifle the entire time. Eder came in second at 45k with his corroding paralyzing morningstar (crush/pierce is a great damage profile).

RhZSu23.jpg

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff