Help me to find a way to test builds (console commands)

In part 1  I was able to "areatransition" into CaedNua and test different characters i created through the console.

Since there are many mechanics not transparent anymore and many choices that i dont wanna test by just playing, i need help with console commands. In fact - before i cant test my stuff, i wont play the story at all.

Creating characters and send them "into my arena", was easy when an area like caed nua existed, but now i dont even know how to use the areatransition command, as the syntax changed, which also includes areaID etc In part one i could read the assets just in the folder. Now everything is clumped up into big size files i cant read out. It would also be enough to just "insert" some Orges or so.

Can someone an Idea that helps me?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by philkingz

It's very easy to find console commands in Deadfire:

Open console, type one (or more) letters and hit tab to cycle through all commands that are available. Some commands from PoE made it into Deadfire, some got changed a bit. Some got added, a few removed.

So for example in order to check if AreaTransition still works you can type area<tab> and even while you are typing the console will suggest the commands in grey letters. It also shows you the parameters that have to be used.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's very easy to find console commands in Deadfire:

Open console, type one (or more) letters and hit tab to cycle through all commands that are available. Some commands from PoE made it into Deadfire, some got changed a bit. Some got added, a few removed.

So for example in order to check if AreaTransition still works you can type area<tab> and even while you are typing the console will suggest the commands in grey letters. It also shows you the parameters that have to be used.

Thanks for your answer!

my problem is more to understand consolecommand, then finding it. With "FindGameData" you can find somestuff, but not all.

In terms of areatransitioning the games 3 additional paramters of which i dont have the data. Since the assets are all packed into big files there is no way of getting the names, even if findgamedata will refer to a part of it.

in regards to areatransitioning those parameters are needed:

1. MapGuid

2. StartPoint

3. ReferenceByNameStartPoint.

An exemplary comparison to PoE I is this:

AreaTransition  AR_1001_Od_Nua_Old_Watcher Interior01

But this doesnt work in deadfire.

So same goes for inserting units. If i cant get a grip on the names of the creatures e.g.  creature_orge_warrior_01_d  or whatever, there is no use for the commands.

However, i may just found a way by using Unity Console from Nexusmods. I disable the fog on the worldmap via console and port from isle to isle via unity. 

Do you know a good place for me to find a bunch of strong creatures i can play arena with? *spoilers allowed*

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The thread linked below has a lot of interesting commands that I’ve been using for my personal test lab. Like you, I will not play the story until everything is thoroughly tested. Page 2, specifically, lists a lot of creature codes for importing:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94470-spoilers-interesting-console-command-finds/page-2

Example:

SpawnPrefabAtMouse cre_dragon_sea

The above command spawns a sea dragon. Of course, you can summon a horde of them to test your party. Other opponents useful for testing include cre_dummy (stationary opponent with a lot of health), cre_boar_elder, and CRE_Bear_Giant.

I’m about to try the new Unity Console teleportation feature you mentioned, which allows for more realistic testing against actual enemy parties. I’d love to hear about easily accessible locations with no plot spoilers where one can find challenging, diverse encounters (melee + mage opponents) to test party builds.

• Like 1

It's much easier to use the unity console overlay mod over at the Deadfire Nexus. You can change classes, add and remove abilities, adjust stats, spawn items, etc. without having to type a single letter. Very handy for quickly testing builds at various levels.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

Edit: didn't see that this was mentioned in the post above. Also, thanks for the creature spawning codes.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1