So I came across this island to the east, that has Wapau Jungle on it. Turns out that there's another temple to Skean on it. Couple of priests tell you that you can sacrifice offer up a sacrifice there for a reward... I'm sure my Konstanten is up there dancing and chanting by Skean's side now.

So... have you done it? Who did you pick if you did?  :) And what was the reward?

haven't seen that one...

You know what I hate about places like that ? You can never drag those idiot in the fire . Why would I sacrifice my cute companion that I have been using like a mule for all the LOOT ..really ? WHY? If someone say 'You can throw one of them idiot tagging along with you..and get THA PRIZE! Try it!'....No! You go there and candy better fall from the sky! 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I think you can also destroy the altar... No idea what that does though :D

Probably BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!  :lol:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

You just destroy it. I dragged Serafen along with me and we both smashed it.

That's all it does? No backlash? From the god of resentment (among other things)?

See that's what I'd have expected Skean to do. :D Or maybe give the whole crew diarrhea for a year. Kinda disappointing that there's no retribution of any kind.

• Like 1

That's all it does? No backlash? From the god of resentment (among other things)?

Pick one!

1) he was too busy picking on a weakling elsewhere .

2) he doesn't know you moved from drywood , nobody bothered to update your facenuke page yet...

3) connexion in deadfire is static at best....he is still at the Loading screen

4) he is sulking for some reason and will get you in POE3 

• Like 3

Elderly Hive Dweller

You just destroy it. I dragged Serafen along with me and we both smashed it.

See that's what I'd have expected Skean to do. :D Or maybe give the whole crew diarrhea for a year. Kinda disappointing that there's no retribution of any kind.

I don't think the enemies even come after you, which is weird. When I desecrete other shrine, the huanas are mad. This one take you to the shrine and just leave you there for your companion. It would be more amusing if you are forced into a 2 v whatever for desecrating the shrine.

I'm always playing the nice Watcher, so I can't imagine sacrificing a companion.  I'd be tempted to toss fish boy to the altar, but I suspect that I'd incur Ondra's wrath somehow (whether the game included it or not).  I'd probably end up dodging storms for years on end.  Or worse.  Stuck in on for years on end.

Well the enemies do say something along the line that it involves sacrificing those you really care about.

Interesting. Has anybody checked if it has to be a companion your in a romance with?

I'm tempted by the overall distaste for the Valian companions...

BUT I think all you get in return is a magic doll. And my watcher is too old to play with dolls. Particularly ones gifted by Skaen.

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Well the enemies do say something along the line that it involves sacrificing those you really care about.

Interesting. Has anybody checked if it has to be a companion your in a romance with?

No it doesn't have to be that. I sacrificed Konstanten and I hadn't spent more than 5 minutes with him in my party before that. Companions and sidekicks are ok I think.

Wait... So has anyone actually sacrificed a companion here? Or do they just talk about it? I found the island but I don't remember getting that choice, instead they thanked me for being all cool with Skaen and gave me a doll :lol:

Yea you get a doll or something, summons Effigy of Skean if I remember right. It's not a bad summon.

• 2 weeks later...

i listened to them at first, then when they asked for a sacrifice i just took the option to fight,

there s a group of cultist , and then i decided to explore the whole tiny map , i encountered a skaen priest , and well he dropped "unique boots"  ( dex +1 , athetism +1 , +5 reflex )

i encountered a skaen priest , and well he dropped "unique boots"  ( dex +1 , athetism +1 , +5 reflex )

I should hope a priest doesn't drop anything with a bonus to atheism :D

• Like 3

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I killed Eder in the first game so I started the game solo, that was kind of annoying and some battles were really tough. I decided I was already far too strong so I don't need the stats and my character has changed (also my interaction with the other half of my soul). I destroyed the altar. I didn't really want to limit my party any more if there's going to be a POEIII.

I think you can also destroy the altar... No idea what that does though :D

Pick one!

1) he was too busy picking on a weakling elsewhere .

2) he doesn't know you moved from drywood , nobody bothered to update your facenuke page yet...

3) connexion in deadfire is static at best....he is still at the Loading screen

4) he is sulking for some reason and will get you in POE3 

Maybe someone should tell him stop using Microsoft windows,makes total sense why he god of resentment

• Like 1