how fast can I obtain devil of caroc and zahua as companion?

Planning for second playthrough with dlc, I know I can go to white march starting act 2, but I'm not sure whether I can just quickly go into their area and recruit them whitout finish most of the dlc content first. I plan to keep the dlc quests after completing act 2 and 3. Do I need to play a lot of main quest in white march first in order to get them?

Zahua is easier than Devil of Caroc. You can manage to beat the first encounter in Stalwart at lvl 8 or so. Lvl 6 if you are really good. Devil waits behind tons of mean constructs. I'd say lvl 8 (hard) till 10 (ok).

Of course you can also manage to sneak to the Devil instead of fighting. That is doable way earlier. But you still have to fight the end boss in Stalwart before.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Zahua is easier than Devil of Caroc. You can manage to beat the first encounter in Stalwart at lvl 8 or so. Lvl 6 if you are really good. Devil waits behind tons of mean constructs. I'd say lvl 8 (hard) till 10 (ok).

Of course you can also manage to sneak to the Devil instead of fighting. That is doable way earlier. But you still have to fight the end boss in Stalwart before.

I plan to get them as early as possible so that I can see if they have any comment or opinion in the main and side quests outside of white march...so I plan to keep most side content for them, but I guess I still need to complete some quests to gain level until 10.. which I remember i need to finish most of act 1 and act 2 to get this level ?

No, you can level up pretty fast in Act II - especially with some bounty hunting (which has no story and no connection to other quests or the main plot).

Also with a bit of sneaking you can get past a lot of encounters with a fight and grab those companions earlier. You can retrain after getting them in order to remove the "overbundance" of stealth points if you don't need them anymore.

No, you can level up pretty fast in Act II - especially with some bounty hunting (which has no story and no connection to other quests or the main plot).

Also with a bit of sneaking you can get past a lot of encounters with a fight and grab those companions earlier. You can retrain after getting them in order to remove the "overbundance" of stealth points if you don't need them anymore.

Thanks for the good idea, I guess I will level up with bounty quests then.

Specifically, the White March content is gated behind the first main quest in Act 2, which you can do pretty much immediately. There's an opening fight in Stalwart (the hub for White March), after which you can find Zahua - look out for a townsperson reacting oddly to an inanimate object, and investigate. Once you talk to the main quest person in Stalwart, you can get Maneha in the town. Devil of Caroc is at the end of a dungeon which is the approximate 1/3 or 2/3 point of the White March main questline and is, as Boeroer notes, full of Vessels.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Specifically, the White March content is gated behind the first main quest in Act 2, which you can do pretty much immediately. There's an opening fight in Stalwart (the hub for White March), after which you can find Zahua - look out for a townsperson reacting oddly to an inanimate object, and investigate. Once you talk to the main quest person in Stalwart, you can get Maneha in the town. Devil of Caroc is at the end of a dungeon which is the approximate 1/3 or 2/3 point of the White March main questline and is, as Boeroer notes, full of Vessels.

Maneha can be obtained at the beginning of white march 1? I thought need to finish white march part 1 to get her?

For story wise , such as interesting story, banter and comment in main and side quests, which five companions are better?

Caroc, maneha, zahua, hiravias, sagani, kana

Edited by marcnivar

No, you have to install WMII but you can get her

as soon as you free Stalwart from the ogres. She's standing right left of the Temple of Ondra/later Abydon

Also, regarding companion quests and WM2:

Caroc's quest can be done as soon as you get her. Zahua's (which I just replayed and it's fantastic) can be triggered midway through WM1, and can be completed pretty much immediately after WM2 begins. Maneha's quest begins when you recruit her, iirc, and can be completed about halfway through WM2.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

thanks everyone, one more question, if I play as a paladin, which of the following companions will be better for both story (banter, interjection) and also can have good balance in combats:

Caroc, maneha, zahua, hiravias, sagani, kana

I'm sure I would like to bring zahua and caroc, but still unsure about the others

Ya they are no joke when you are low level.  Especially if you do not stop them from giving you the old Terry the Taliban when they blow themselves up.  One or two can wipe a low level party.

Have gun will travel.