Having lots of AI issues

Jackbpace

Question

10 answers to this question

OK, it seems it has to do with level scaling. I had turned it on, so I may a new game with it on and had the same problem. Then a made another new game with it of and AI worked fine. 

----

(Turns out level scaling is not a problem, but my game was setting all AIs to off when I selected it for some reason.)

Edited by Jackbpace

Bump, I have a bug where maia's pets abilities are not able to be scripted. Things like takedown are not selectable on the popdown list even with conditionals starting with only 'animal companion is:'.

Is this a known bug ?

edit: the default ranger AI also does not cause the pet to use any abilities, even with all conditionals present.

I would note that my scaling is turned on, will test with it off and update.

Update: Ok there is definitely some sort of interaction between difficulty scaling and maia's ranger AI issue here. With it on, she will not use any offensive scripts aside from an opening wounding shot, after this she will only use defensive scripts if applicable (heals, evasive roll). She will not however, use heals or revives on her animal companion nor any pet abilities.

If you compare this with scaling turned off, there is a further bug where she will use her offensive AI + defensive AI, however her offensive AI cooldown is bugged, and she will use it every round as long as she has power, regardless of a cooldown set to 10 seconds, or 30 seconds. She also will continue to not use any pet abilities, offensive or defensive.

I would add that regardless of scaling option, it is still impossible to even add pet offensive abilities to a custom AI, I have been testing her companion ability AI by simply duplicating the default one which came with it, and modifying conditionals and cooldown to test it.

Can any of the devs replicate this?

Edited by jomoroon

I switch Sarafen for Aloth and same thing. He just stands there while other AIs are working except for the pet thing.

I don't need a dev to give me specifics. All I would like to know is if this is an acknowledged issue that will be patched soon. 

----

Forget this, evidently Aloth and Sarafen were turned off somehow as was the pet. i didn't even know the pet AI could be turned off. I will have to check other game to see if ALL AIs were off now. if this is the case, i will feel really stupid, but would have been nice had some dev pointed it out to me.

Edited by Jackbpace

One of the big selling points of Deadfire was the expanded AI options, but it is buggy as hell. In my current game  set to veteran difficulty (scaling off), Sarafen seems to have inactive AI and my self created Scout (rogue assassin-ranger ghost heart) pet will not do anything unless commanded. And he is correct above, pet knockdown is not able to be scripted. Its hard to test as you cant really generate a combat scenario easily. I don't think there is any console command to do this. 

I am also a bit disappointed in no dev response to this thread. I guess I am spoiled by Path of Exile dev team who responds to almost everything. That crowd funded game that doesn't make you pay $79 to buy a game chocked full of bugs (theirs is free, and supported by purchases of vanity items).

I am sure there are those who want to manage every aspect of combat, but I find it tedious and not fun. 

I've been testing consistently with all other AI off and the command: spawnPrefabatMouse cre_dummy

This creates a minion you can fight who does minimal damage.

Would be nice to see if we can get a dev response on this in terms of whether this is reproducible for them.

Well it seems every AI was off by default in the other game. Not sure why. 

The bug I am reporting has nothing to do with whether or not AI is toggled...

In fact I have found several more bugs in the AI, Serafen never casts frenzy, and always uses tenuous grasp even though its not in any of his script packages!

Edited by jomoroon