Low quality textures in particular in the old city zone

andrewmeneguz@yahoo.com.au

Question

Not sure if this is just me but I'm noticing more and more low quality textures as I go through the game. Admittedly I like to have my camera zoomed right in for the immersion and to enjoy the close up spell effects.

A particular area which prompted me to make this post is the old city (undercroft) where you get lowered into the pit. A number of textures in this area/zone look straight up horrendous and it's pretty disappointing. Most notable is body parts, moss, brick structures etc; all are very pixelated.

I've got everything on high with 4xAA; but I've tried other settings and no difference is seen. 

https://i.imgur.com/UQgM7Ct.png

https://i.imgur.com/GOinQ85.png

Edit: images uploaded as requested.
Edited by andrewmeneguz@yahoo.com.au
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Not sure if this is just me but I'm noticing more and more low quality textures as I go through the game. Admittedly I like to have my camera zoomed right in for the immersion and to enjoy the close up spell effects.

A particular area which prompted me to make this post is the old city (undercroft) where you get lowered into the pit. A number of textures in this area/zone look straight up horrendous and it's pretty disappointing. Most notable is body parts, moss, brick structures etc; all are very pixelated.

I've got everything on high with 4xAA; but I've tried other settings and no difference is seen. 

I noticed that too a while ago, just was too lazy to report it. Seems to me that these backgrounds are not present in the correct resolution.

• Like 1

Any chance you could post screenshots of the specific areas with questionable textures in case it can help the developers pinpoint the problems?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man